Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 07:45 PM

160 posts, read 564,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
You know what? I'm not a McCain supporter. I'm not an "anyone" supporter--yet. But I am becoming more and more disgusted and discouraged by these people jumping all over Sarah Palin for things that seem as though they would happen in an average American life. Honestly, I didn't know what to think of her when McCain announced her candidacy. And I was skeptical. But the more the 'anti-Sarah' camp pushes and pushes, and dissects everything she says, twists it around and uses it against her, criticizes her clothing, her makeup and so on, the more I think that there's got to be some substance to Sarah Palin to incite all this fear.
Look, it's simple. If you believe that banning abortion is the most important issue in the U.S. right now, and that teaching creationism alongside evolution in the schools is a runnerup, then you should decide on Palin.
Those are her bedrock issues, and that's why McCain selected her. Everything else is a distraction.
Vote on the issues, no matter what the media hype around her, good or bad, is at a given moment.
PS--I'm not being sarcastic. Just go with the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 07:52 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
Is anyone else aware that the Army is the only branch of the military that allows you to enlist even if you have a history of drug abuse?

Old 09-14-2008, 08:02 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
PALIN FAMILY SHOCKERS: WHAT SARAH'S REALLY HIDING! - Celebrity News | Gossip - National Enquirer

I know I said I wasn't going to post anything today but like a politician I have flip flopped. I didn't see it posted yet but here is what the Enquirer, the same one that broke the John Edwards scandal, has supposedly (with no answer or fight from Mccain or Palin) found out about the Palin family:

Not sure what is true and what isn't, but remember, they broke the John Edwards scandal and they say that in a small town with nothing to do, that is where the most trouble is!!

Okay now no more posting!

I don't know if this story will have much TRACK--TION or not.

Dubya used drugs and was arrested four or five times. He's reportedly gay or bisexual. All of these issues didn't have TRACK--TION.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:07 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
PALIN FAMILY SHOCKERS: WHAT SARAH'S REALLY HIDING! - Celebrity News | Gossip - National Enquirer

I know I said I wasn't going to post anything today but like a politician I have flip flopped. I didn't see it posted yet but here is what the Enquirer, the same one that broke the John Edwards scandal, has supposedly (with no answer or fight from Mccain or Palin) found out about the Palin family:

Not sure what is true and what isn't, but remember, they broke the John Edwards scandal and they say that in a small town with nothing to do, that is where the most trouble is!!

Okay now no more posting!
Well about Track, that sounds awfully strange to me because the military is pretty selective these days, and won't take anyone with any recent mental health/drug issues. So I tend not to believe that.

You know what I really think? I think that guy whose place Palin took as governor is behind all this. In "Sarah Palin Revealed" it was obvious he was ticked off at her. I think he is behind all the slander. He didn't like that she took his place, and now he's goiing to get revenge. All the more reason to vote for Palin.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:35 PM

160 posts, read 564,774 times
Default Recruiting standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Well about Track, that sounds awfully strange to me because the military is pretty selective these days, and won't take anyone with any recent mental health/drug issues.
\
That's absolutely wrong. The military is less selective than it's been since the waning days of the Vietnam war. It keeps lowering standards for the health, education and criminal records of recruits. See these two articles:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=89702118
http://www.slate.com/id/2182752/
This could change, however, as all the Wall Street brokers from Lehman and Merrill and AIG hit the pavement looking for work.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:36 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,235,498 times
Well there's a reliable and honest source, The National Enquirer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections