Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 08:31 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Me neither. He wants to make the government "cool" again. He was talking about the national parks, etc. What? What about national security? The economy? Illegal immigration?
Oh, I KNOW!!!! I couldn't believe he said that! Someone needs to tell Obama that the majority of Americans don't care if the government is "cool." And those who do may or may not show up to vote!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 08:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
I thought McCain was superb. He has a very engaging demeanor in this types of forum. Very relaxed, funny - just overall very good.

I Loved that he called obama out, TWICE, about town hall debates. Oh Mac, you are one cagey guy.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:37 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
-The interviewer asks Obama how he would have helped increase national pride/ national service if he were president in the wake of 9/11.

His answer : He stumbles at first, then he drifts and talks about nothingness for 30 seconds, then he said something like "We need a multi faceted approach to secure energy independence. This will put people to work and we will innovate to help expand advocacy and the resurgence of technological diversity and national reconstructionism to CHANGE in order to offer a more equal opportunity front to the war on terrorism...

This is how this guy talks for the first minute after he is asked a direct, specific question. Reminds me of John Kerry.
When you read that you know he reads the book, "How to speak like a liberal".

Throw a bunch of big words in there, confuse them a little, and they will think you are a genius and you can save them all.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:39 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I thought McCain was superb. He has a very engaging demeanor in this types of forum. Very relaxed, funny - just overall very good.

I Loved that he called obama out, TWICE, about town hall debates. Oh Mac, you are one cagey guy.

It's even funnier that about 6 months ago, McCain was pretty much universally hated by members of his own party.

"Juan McAmnesty" anyone?

Old 09-11-2008, 08:40 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,763,641 times
The few things Obama did say which made sense sounded ve-r-r-y familiar....like something McCain had just said an hour earlier. He parroted McCain on several occasions, without first stating, "I agree with John that....". Suddenly Teddy Roosevelt is Obama's inspiration too....yeah, right.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:41 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
It's even funnier that about 6 months ago, McCain was pretty much universally hated by members of his own party.

"Juan McAmnesty" anyone?
LOL, i feel bad for McCain, because when Obama wins the elections in november, his party will go back to bashing him once again. Mark my words.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:43 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
LOL, i feel bad for McCain, because when Obama wins the elections in november, his party will go back to bashing him once again. Mark my words.

I don't believe we will have to mark those words.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:55 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
When you read that you know he reads the book, "How to speak like a liberal".

Throw a bunch of big words in there, confuse them a little, and they will think you are a genius and you can save them all.

Exactly. That is one of the by products of elitism (not to sound cliche). Bill Clinton was the opposite. He sounded like a good car salesman, not an over educated liberal arts professor.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:03 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,191,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
I can't wait until the debates because Obama canot give a quick answer. He's going to um um um his way through them, while McCain was the Republican of choice for the news media for many years so he's used to quick answers.
"Quick Answers" --- to complex problems??
Do you really think that's the way it works when you're President of the United States - that quick answers denote who's the most qualified candidate to hold this country's highest office? Think again. Quick responses on critical issues are what get people in trouble - making a vital decision without some pragmatic thinking first. In a crisis I'd rather have someone who weighs the options, then makes a decision based on his or her critical thinking. This debate on the candidates' positions is much too serious for them to pander to our desire for rapid-fire answers. This is NOT a quiz show. There is no buzzer in place to call "time's up" after 10 seconds!

I personally want to know their thinking process while they're examining all sides of an issue. I don't want a fast, pat answer. I want intelligence and wisdom in a president - not someone who's trying to quickly say what the easily bored viewing public wants to hear.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:06 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,436 times
he's not getting 45 minutes for each answer...and he's horrible without a written speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections