Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 07:33 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times

Advertisements

"When asked by Gibson if under the NATO treaty, the U.S. would have to go to war if Russia again invaded Georgia, Palin responded: "Perhaps so. I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally, is if another country is attacked, you're going to be expected to be called upon and help..."

The real transcript.

It's part of being in NATO and the OP is obviously ignorant AND a bad listener. It was a discussion of potential war with Russia, if Russia attacks GEORGIA. Not a war with Georgia.

Since you're not a great listener, I think your re-telling of the story is, in turn, invalid. It's like trying to have a discussion via the "Game of Telephone". With someone who has comprehension problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 07:38 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Georgia has been accepted as a NATO member ?

Old 09-12-2008, 07:40 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,859,938 times
My question is: With what army can we even go to war? Isn't it enough that these service men and women are doing 4 and 5 deployments to fight this crap war in Iraq? Talk about caring about our troops.

There's an Iraqi vet who panhandles near where I live. He has no legs. He has no means of supporting himself. He said in his own words that THE GOVERNMENT THINKS I CAN LIVE OFF OFF $700 A MONTH. This is ludicrous. Our government does not care about our troops. They don't care about the families of our troops. They only care about their own selfish agenda. It's crazy. It's sad and crazy.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:40 AM

"if"

Old 09-12-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
My question is: With what army can we even go to war?
If war is iminent, and you feel we don't have the troops and/or shouldn't impose on the American people, please list the alternatives here:

Old 09-12-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
"When asked by Gibson if under the NATO treaty, the U.S. would have to go to war if Russia again invaded Georgia, Palin responded: "Perhaps so. I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally, is if another country is attacked, you're going to be expected to be called upon and help..."

The real transcript.

It's part of being in NATO and the OP is obviously ignorant AND a bad listener. It was a discussion of potential war with Russia, if Russia attacks GEORGIA. Not a war with Georgia.

Since you're not a great listener, I think your re-telling of the story is, in turn, invalid. It's like trying to have a discussion via the "Game of Telephone". With someone who has comprehension problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Georgia has been accepted as a NATO member ?
Quote:
"if"

Oops, I missed that. She did respond - "perhaps".

So I guess in context Georgia should really think about the NATO petition because if the Governor were to become President, perhaps she would go to War for a member of NATO, that's what's expected anyway....

Old 09-12-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
If war is iminent, and you feel we don't have the troops and/or shouldn't impose on the American people, please list the alternatives here:

A draft?
Redeployment yet again?
And end to the two wars we are waging?
A call for citizens to enlist?

I don't have answers. It's crazy to think that we have the means to fight more wars.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:

1. Mathew Broderick
2. will
3. save
4. Us all
Would you like to play a Game?

See how easy that was?

Old 09-12-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Would you like to play a Game?

See how easy that was?
Oh that was a good movie.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I don't have answers. It's crazy to think that we have the means to fight more wars.
Right but the point is, "it is what it is".

Other options are:

5. Capitulation, Doing What they Say we Must...or Else
6. Appeasement and "Negotiation"
7. Groveling, Begging for Mercy
8. Ignoring the Problem and Hoping for the Best
9. Living in Constant Fear

I could go on and on.

If a war is needed, we must step up to the plate and there are still plenty of patriots left here in the USA who will do so with pride and honor, as they always have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections