Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:33 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrob123 View Post
So, did you put a link to the debate with Clinton where Gibson and Stephanopolous grilled Obama for 45 minutes on issues related to personal relationships as opposed to questions that are actually related to the issues?
So you are basically admitting that:

1. Gibson is favoring Hillary, a Democrat, therefore, switching to Obama, a Democrat as well, since Obama got nominated. You are acknowledging Gibson to be in the tank for the Democrats??

2. Gibson is an idiot interviewer, who doesn't know how to ask issue questions?? Kinda like the whole stupid things about attacking and mocking Palin's Christian faith and editing out the real Palin comments: ABC Misrepresents Palin Quote in ‘Holy War’ Question - America’s Election HQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
How do we know obamas position on issues when it changes with the wind
Do you even know what his position is on Iran and taxes this week? How about 2nd amendment, is he for a total ban or a semi-total ban?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 10:35 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,930,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Let's compare the grilling of Palin to the absurdly softball interview of obama by Gibson. No comparison.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:58 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,686 times
Obama has been thrown nothing but softballs through this entire process. As soon as he is thrown a few fastballs, he freaks out. The first being Sarah Palin, he has no idea how to deal with it, other then trying to attack her, which has backfired bigtime. Now he is loosing by 5 points, worsening daily POST RNC. The bounce is over and he is still loosing ground! So what is his response? Send 30 attorneys and investigators to Alaska to find some dirt on Palin. Since they were unable to find any and won't, now he has resorted to outright making up lies.

It's over for Obama, he will loose by 7-9 points and a 304 electoral total for McCain.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:42 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,050 times
The only person who grilled Obama with tough questions was Bill O. All others have either gave him the questions ahead of time or have gave him easy simple questions that many of us could answer.

It is easy to see Obama gets a free ride all the time.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:47 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
The only person who grilled Obama with tough questions was Bill O. All others have either gave him the questions ahead of time or have gave him easy simple questions that many of us could answer.

It is easy to see Obama gets a free ride all the time.

Yep, Obama gave Bill 30 minutes to ask questions, Palin gave Gibson 2 days.

I listened to Obama on O'Reilly and I still have no idea were he stands.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:03 AM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Gibson is an idiot interviewer, who doesn't know how to ask issue questions?? Kinda like the whole stupid things about attacking and mocking Palin's Christian faith and editing out the real Palin comments: ABC Misrepresents Palin Quote in ‘Holy War’ Question - America’s Election HQ
Good work on providing this link; I can just see the sniberals chattering "Faux News! Faux News!" as Fox News has ABC totally dead-to-rights on Sarah Palin's answer to Charlie Gibson's "holy war" question.

Gibson came across as a PBS-type, pseudo-intellectual, arrogant, condescending inquisitor who kept trying and failing to capture Palin in a desperately sought-after Gotcha! news bite. Looking at the public opinion poll results since McCain chose Palin to be his running mate, we have never witnessed such a reversal of fortune in our two political parties on account of a vice-presidential pick. Never. Palin clearly did far better during this interview than Obama would have if he was asked questions about his Muslim f--I mean Christian faith (talk about the way George Stephanopoulos saved Obama's bacon with that little slip!), not to mention his past associations with Tony Rezko, Bill Ayers, Bernadine Dohrn, Saul Alinsky, Jeremiah Wright, Michael Pfleger....the list goes on....

Old 09-13-2008, 12:14 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Careful, people might start to compare McCain's positions 2000 with his 2008 positions.

8 years after the fact? Long time span, lets HOPE he would change.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:15 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Yep, Obama gave Bill 30 minutes to ask questions, Palin gave Gibson 2 days.

I listened to Obama on O'Reilly and I still have no idea were he stands.

uh umm uh err ahhh umm, pretty much sums Dumbo up.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:18 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
As we were watching the "interview" I said to my wife that CG would have been more honest had he just conducted the interrogation while wearing his Obama pin. Once again the regular folks are gonna hate the Big Elite Media over this; it's good for another point or two for the reps. Keep em comin'.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:22 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Gibson wasn't taking sides, but doing his job as a reporter. Imagine if Tim Russert were alive and she was on Meet The Press. He would never in a million years have let her get away with her evasive answers. Gov Palin never answered a question directly. It was so strange that she kept saying "McCain" when she is his running mate. Yet she kept calling Charles Gibson "Charlie" over and over and over again. She didn't say "Senator McCain" or even "John." It was weird, as if she had memorized pages of information and just said whatever she could to get through the interview. Even when he asked her about the Bridge to Nowhere, she couldn't answer him directly. She also had no idea who regulates Medicare or Medicaid. How many passes should we give this woman? Seriously, if she impressed me just a bit, I might consider changing my position, but she is clueless. Even David Gergen, who defended Palin last night after she didn't know what the Bush Doctrine was, said she was completely incoherent tonight. She just kept babbling when she couldn't answer a question.

She is not stupid, but she is not qualified to be Vice President. It's not an on-the-job training type of position.

What did you eat for dinner tonight, Sarah?
In terms of what, Charlie?
Dinner, you know. The meal one usually eats in the evening.
Oh, it was so delicious, Charlie. It really satisfied my appetite.
But what was it exactly that you had to eat?
Oh, it's not that I didn't want dessert, Charlie, but I was just too full.
But I'm not asking you about dessert. I am asking what you ate.
Ah. Just keep in mind, Charlie, that I really did eat tonight. That's what counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections