Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Strawman 101. A freshman English professor would shred something like this. Maybe you should get one of those pell grants and take a writing class.
You dont like whats being said, so you attack the messenger? Typical..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 03:24 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Children without health care are to failure, of their parents.. Why should they be penalized if their parents drink and do drugs? Why should they be penalized if their parents get a divorce, or fired?

So the liberals should get together and start a charity health care company if they think its right.. Everyone pitch in that likes the cause of providing children free health care, and whalaa, a liberal program thats a success. Ooh wait, they again cant do this, and have to lean towards the government.

Yes, I'm willing to cancel my parents medicare if they are receiving it.. They didnt pay into it, that wasnt the agreement when they signed up for that welfare program called Social Security, and its turned into another failure.
You must have had an esp. bad childhood.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:27 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Default Do liberals look to the government because they are failures?

I have a much better question...

Do Republicans give government handouts to large corporations and wealthy contractors because they're failures?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:40 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,369 times
Handouts = liberals

They are looking to Obama for more Handouts!

Can you imagine half those people he keeps saying will be able to afford college in college. Half of them would steal the money and run while the other half would steal the room mates belongings.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:42 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
Yes.

All liberals are failures.

Only republicans are successful.

Yes.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:54 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,237 times
Quote:
So we should take the successful schools and assign them to the nonsuccessful schools, and then do what with the understaffing of the failing school? Move the unsuccessful school teachers to the previously successful ones? You cant just fire them..
Actually you can just fire them, it is done all the time when you have good administrators who know how to manage their folks. Poor administrators who do not document are a problem.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:56 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
No liberals look to Government because they think they know best. Liberals are big on making excuses for poor decision making, poor judgment, and lousy follow through. They don't believe in personal accountability because all the worlds woe's are the result of rich people and greed. Liberals believe in redistribution of wealth regardless of an individuals effort, hard work and forethought that it took to acquire it. They believe that by rewarding those who don't put forth real effort that it will level the playing field. You will notice that many Liberals are far more elitist than your average working class Joe. You will find that many liberals like the Kennedy's, the Kerry's and the Edwards of the world shelter their money in tax free municipal bonds and such. Its not their money that will be taken , not their wealth that will be redistributed.
I work hard for my money and I sacrificed my entire adult life to get where I am. I am not rich. I earn 70g a year. I refuse to reward those who simply feel it is owed to them. I refuse to reward those who refuse to think ahead, who refuse to plan, who refuse to sacrifice for their tomorrows.
5 children and a job that pays 8bucks an hour? Condoms cost quite a bit less than a delivery. Well that is if you had to pay for it yourself. No money for insurance but money for the bar, cigarettes, and lottery tickets. No money to pay the bills but plenty for that wide screen TV.
Liberals feel society is to blame for everything especially those in society that actually accept personal responsibility for their actions and decisions.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:57 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,237 times
Quote:
You did not just list the catholic school system, the catholic hospital system, and then name them as liberal adjendas did you?

As for arcadia national park.. yes, it was donated, but why did they choose not to manage it rather then put the expense onto the government. Thats my point, great that they got together to save it from the saw mills, congragulations, they would have received a huge applause from me, and you would have earned your ding, ding, ding, but then they had to go and turn it over to the government, i.e. tax payers to operate...
Catholics are liberal, not conservative. The schools were instituted to keep the failth alive and to ensure that even the poorest children were educated to the max to move up in the society. Catholic philosophy is a liberal philosophy and is a proponent of many of the things you are against such as sanctuary for illegal immigrants, welfare and child care grants, adoption grants, etc.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:58 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Actually many are forced to look to government due to the failed policies of the Republican economic team. When jobs are shipped overseas, when illegal aliens are not reigned in, when job creation goes negative, when food and energy prices outstrip gains in promotion and raises, and when the school systems are failing the kids, even the hardiest pioneer might be looking for a land grant!

I agree but this Dem congress is a grotesque failure certainly no fight in them other than speeches but no action.

This Congress with Pelosi the ring leader has hurt Obama more than Bush has hurt Mccain.

People who voted for this bunch feel betrayed and rightfully so thus resent them .

Old 09-12-2008, 04:01 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Actually you can just fire them, it is done all the time when you have good administrators who know how to manage their folks. Poor administrators who do not document are a problem.

If they are a "witch" in Florida its legal to fire them with attorney General,politician's blessing.

YouTube - Florida Teacher Fired for "Wizardry"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections