Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 03:34 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,204,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Agreed. It is actually rather smart of McCain to do this.

Seems the voter fraud in this election will be the Obama supporters that vote multiple times with different names and addresses. This happened in the Dem primary.

Obama's people are already under investigation for voter fraud.
Check out
ACORN.COM
Thre people have already been arrested,
Obama the CHEAT!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 03:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,137,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I got one of those in my midwestern state, though it's an expensive piece of material wasted; if they'd bought smarter mailing lists they could have saved some money. No mention of Obama anywhere.

What bothers me is that it's a request for a state absentee ballot, but it's wrapped in a candidate's propaganda.

A foldout brochure on heavy paper, its jacket features pictures of (L to R):
the President of Iran (cant spell his name)
Hugo Chavez
Osama B-L - the only one staring straight into the camera like Charles Manson
Kim Jong Il

The caption on this page, in GO ARMY-type type, says, 'DANGEROUS TIMES/ DEMAND EXPERIENCE."

Behind the row of photos is a sandy, blurry tank pointing its guns.

Inside is "Request for [State] Absentee Ballot" and an encouraging foldout, in navy blue and gold, with big profile of McCain at the right (and a greyed out background of himself as a beetlebrowed young pilot): "JOHN MCCAIN/ the EXPERIENCE to LEAD in a DANGEROUS WORLD." Several magnified-type paragraphs bristling with hot-button phrases along the lines of "rogue nations" and "firm and unwavering" - interestingly the copy is quite generic, any candidate anywhere in the spectrum running for president since 2001 could have used this - then the important part: "Vote early by mail - it's as easy as 1-2-3!"
So they're trotting out the old FEAR factor again...well, it worked last time and 51 million cowardly scared dopes voted for bushCo..again.....

Besides aren't the repubs bragging about how much SAFER we are now???? What happened to that??? Not true????

Old 09-12-2008, 03:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,137,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
pghquest wrote;

Nope, that's not how caging works. Sometimes they put a fictional (but similar sounding) town name, or fake PO box, which has the effect of showing this person has now "registered" to vote in another jurisdiction. When the voter shows up at their normal polling place (since they won't actually receive an absentee ballot) they're "magically" not on the rolls! This can cause, at least, requiring them to vote "conditionally" and always, always, always results in people like you (and the rest of the repugs) being able to lie and say; "see, it's the Ds that are committing voter fraud.

golfgod
Thank you....worth posting again...

Old 09-12-2008, 03:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,068,006 times
Quote:
Should the requests for absentee ballots be wrapped in either candidate's propaganda pitch?
absentee ballots, filed by individuals who are able to show up for the ballot box on election day, (i.e. those who are not ill, and not out of town) would be deemed illegal. The issue is, you cant run around and prove 60,000 people filed an illegal absentee ballot. That is after all what they are named after.. ABSENTEE ballots..

Old 09-12-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
pghquest wrote;

Nope, that's not how caging works. Sometimes they put a fictional (but similar sounding) town name, or fake PO box, which has the effect of showing this person has now "registered" to vote in another jurisdiction. When the voter shows up at their normal polling place (since they won't actually receive an absentee ballot) they're "magically" not on the rolls! This can cause, at least, requiring them to vote "conditionally" and always, always, always results in people like you (and the rest of the repugs) being able to lie and say; "see, it's the Ds that are committing voter fraud.

golfgod
Thats not what is happening here, so continue to make up information to meet your argument.

People are sending out ballots to individuals and if they are returned to sender because the recipient has moved and no longer at the registered address, the candidates can go and have the vote questioned at the ballot box for questionalble legality.

Its not illegal, its not even immoral to make sure that people who vote are legal residence of where they are voting..

Old 09-12-2008, 04:03 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,133,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
absentee ballots, filed by individuals who are able to show up for the ballot box on election day, (i.e. those who are not ill, and not out of town) would be deemed illegal. The issue is, you cant run around and prove 60,000 people filed an illegal absentee ballot. That is after all what they are named after.. ABSENTEE ballots..
I dont understand what you're saying. I never paid attention to them before and I thought the state sent them out, not private interests. I see no disclaimer anywhere in this mailing I received from the McCain crew. If Obama blanketed the country with request-for-absentee-ballot forms enclosed in "ONLY OBAMA CAN SAVE YOU" literature, that would be okay then?

Old 09-12-2008, 04:03 PM

Oh, and the BIGGEST LIE of them all.. Its not MCCAIN sending these out..

Ohio election officials are sending out a mass mailer stamped “do not forward” to all registered voters today (Sept. 5) with an absentee ballot application and other important notices for Nov. 4.

Amazing that so many people here will just lie about someone to try to make a point. Dont you guys have enough REAL issues to debate on without making up false information to pretend there are issues where there is..

And you guys blamed McCain for making up issues that didnt exist (lipstick on a pig) and now you guys are doing it..

Old 09-12-2008, 04:04 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,683,909 times
Team Obama has been got cheating before the election has even started.

The liberal are known cheaters and scam artist and even got caught registering dead people in 2004 and still lost.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
I dont understand what you're saying. I never paid attention to them before and I thought the state sent them out, not private interests. If Obama blanketed the country with request-for-absentee-ballot forms enclosed in "ONLY OBAMA CAN SAVE YOU" literature, that would be okay then?
They are sent out by the county election official, NOT McCain, nor Obama (nor the state).. Note the previous thread..

Old 09-12-2008, 04:30 PM

What? No apology from all of you that had no problem bashing McCain and outright lying, and now that it turns out that McCain has NOTHING to do with this, you all went quiet..

shhh, please, Liberals trying to think of the next lie they can smear the Republicans with.. And now I know why I became a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections