U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:53 PM

3,297 posts, read 5,629,290 times

Advertisements

Did you hear the raise in salary Michelle received after Barak was elected to the U.S. Senate? Why is she so ungrateful to America. She could be America's First Lady...

“Boom! Boom! Boom!” she read to a group of preschoolers. Profiles: The Other Obama: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker

Earlier on the day that Obama visited the nursery school, she addressed a congregation at the Pee Dee Union Baptist Church, in Cheraw, a hamlet of about six thousand known as “The Prettiest Town in Dixie.” The church’s makeshift gravel parking lot, next to the Pee Dee Ice and Fuel Company and bounded by train tracks, was full. After an invocation by the Reverend Jerry Corbett and an introduction by the mayor of Cheraw, Obama came to the pulpit. “You all got up bright and early just for me?” she asked the mostly elderly, almost all-black crowd. “Yes!” they roared. Obama continued, “On behalf of my church home and my pastor, Reverend Wright, I bring greetings.”
Profiles: The Other Obama: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker

Michelle Obama begins with a broad assessment of life in America in 2008, and life is not good: we’re a divided country, we’re a country that is “just downright mean,” we are “guided by fear,” we’re a nation of cynics, sloths, and complacents. “We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day,” she said, as heads bobbed in the pews. “Folks are just jammed up, and it’s gotten worse over my lifetime. And, doggone it, I’m young. Forty-four!”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 01:56 PM

1,867 posts, read 3,677,780 times
Stop lying about Michelle. Calling for change is patriotic, not the other way around. Just because we want to better our own country does not make us "ungrateful".

Old 09-12-2008, 02:05 PM

7,987 posts, read 11,236,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Did you hear the raise in salary Michelle received after Barak was elected to the U.S. Senate? Why is she so ungrateful to America. She could be America's First Lady...

“Boom! Boom! Boom!” she read to a group of preschoolers. Profiles: The Other Obama: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker

Earlier on the day that Obama visited the nursery school, she addressed a congregation at the Pee Dee Union Baptist Church, in Cheraw, a hamlet of about six thousand known as “The Prettiest Town in Dixie.” The church’s makeshift gravel parking lot, next to the Pee Dee Ice and Fuel Company and bounded by train tracks, was full. After an invocation by the Reverend Jerry Corbett and an introduction by the mayor of Cheraw, Obama came to the pulpit. “You all got up bright and early just for me?” she asked the mostly elderly, almost all-black crowd. “Yes!” they roared. Obama continued, “On behalf of my church home and my pastor, Reverend Wright, I bring greetings.”

Michelle Obama begins with a broad assessment of life in America in 2008, and life is not good: we’re a divided country, we’re a country that is “just downright mean,” we are “guided by fear,” we’re a nation of cynics, sloths, and complacents. “We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day,” she said, as heads bobbed in the pews. “Folks are just jammed up, and it’s gotten worse over my lifetime. And, doggone it, I’m young. Forty-four!”
Some people see a glass with water in it and either view it as half full or half empty. Michelle, unfortunately seems to see the glass as half empty. She has a very sour, negative personality. Maybe her home wasn't a pleasant place growing up? Maybe her parents abused her? Maybe she has sibling issues? Maybe she has an alcohol or drug problem? Who knows why she is so bitter.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:06 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,582,802 times
Quote:

I don't know...did SHE want her state to seperate from the United States LIKE TODD PALIN DID ????????

Old 09-12-2008, 02:10 PM

7,987 posts, read 11,236,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I don't know...did SHE want her state to seperate from the United States LIKE TODD PALIN DID ????????
Well Michelle's 20 year mentor the Rev Wright preached Black Liberation Theology which it is a separatist movement and is only concerned with the African "motherland". She made a choice to listen to him for 20 years, so YES, I would say Michelle Obama is an American hating separatist.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:15 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,645,816 times
so is she or obama the anti-christ? lol

Old 09-12-2008, 02:19 PM

857 posts, read 1,806,506 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Stop lying about Michelle. Calling for change is patriotic, not the other way around. Just because we want to better our own country does not make us "ungrateful".
you two don't know the FIRST THING about what being American means. And that's particularly troubling for a marine (if you really are one)

Old 09-12-2008, 02:37 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,582,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Well Michelle's 20 year mentor the Rev Wright preached Black Liberation Theology which it is a separatist movement and is only concerned with the African "motherland". She made a choice to listen to him for 20 years, so YES, I would say Michelle Obama is an American hating separatist.
Then so is TODD PALIN.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:38 PM

4,969 posts, read 7,327,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I just read it. Besides a fuzzy definition of emancipation, where does it say ONLY concerned with the African motherland?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_theology

Really, Michelle Obama, compared to Palin, is a saint (if you are talking about "hate").

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 09-12-2008 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: additonal point

Old 09-12-2008, 02:40 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,992,320 times
I'm not sure what the outrage is.

We are a nation that is guided by fear. Our current president used fear (and lies, no less) of a terrorist attack to get us into a war that we didn't need to be in. It was that fear that got him elected to a second term he didn't deserve.

And we are a nation of folks that are barely getting by. Until just this year, minimum wage was at an all time low and had not been raised in over 9 years. Cost of living was through the roof, we're in a mortgage crisis, unemployment has seen record highs. The government felt the need to - not once, but twice - to "stimulate" the failing economy, and now they're having to bail out Freddie & Frannie. There's new words in our vocabular like "Staycation" because people can't afford vacations anymore. Hard working middle class families who used to donate to food banks and charities now seek their help.

That's not a lack of gratitude, that's a dose of reality that alot of folks are turning a blind eye to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or