Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:34 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
The manner in which she did this was: 1) illegal, and 2) in direct opposition to wildlife experts in Alaska, who told her that predator control needed to be carefully assessed, in terms of the eco-balance between predator and prey within a particular eco-system, and that to arbitrarily go around shooting wolves was dangerous and could cause irrevocable environmental damage down the line. She didn't care because, like Bush, Sarah Palin doesn't understand the Rule of Law. She's perfectly willing to break the law if it gets in the way of her agendas.
That's pure BS. She was not the governor when the Wolf Control Program began. Besides, we just had an elections recently, and a majority of Alaskans vote NO on Ballot Measure 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 09:40 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
Quote:
Aren't there more humane ways of killing wolves for population control? Oh well....once we tear apart ANWAR for drilling, this will be a non issue, right???
The Native Americans in Alaska have practiced predator control concerning wolves for centuries.

It involved killing wolf cubs in their den. I believe they can no longer legally do so, though there was a bill up in the leg. last winter, I think, that would return that to them if the recent vote to stop the aerial program was voted down again.

It is more humane that the aerial hunts. And hunting it surely is, no matter what rhetoric people want to whitewash it with.

Here it is...on Fox...

FOXNews.com - Alaskan Group Asks for Permission to Kill Wolf Pups - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

Last edited by Metlakatla; 09-23-2008 at 09:55 PM..

Old 09-24-2008, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Fish and Game is a political organization, as are many U.S. so-called protective agencies. Ask the Navajo and Hopi about the BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs). What Sarah Palin and the aerial shooters did to those animals is immoral. Predator control is important, but ethical and morally bound implementation of it is more important. To torture animals under the guise of "wildlife management" makes me want to puke. All the fancy rhetorical footwork in the world will NEVER excuse such viciousness. The truth is out.
F&G a political organization? Suure!

Some of the folks there are Democrat, Republican, liberal, gay, straight, member of PETA, tree hugger, and so forth. These same folks are biologists, secretaries, janitors, etc., just like in any other State agency. They all work for Democrat governors, Republican governors, etc.

We are still doing "immoral things" to these wolves. As I mentioned several times, when you and your friends pushed Ballot Measure 2 recently, a majority of us voted against you. So we continue with the same wolf control program we started a few years ago, before Palin was the governor. We don't shoot them from helicopters, but we do so from fixed-wing aircraft. We do so to boost the game populations in certain areas of Alaska, which in turn is to the benefit of a few isolate villages, and to hunters. By the way, we (hunters, trappers) are the ones who pay for all the F&G activities, including controlled burns to help moose and game habitats (being conducted this week), and a bunch of other things that help predator and pray alike. Would you like to help the animals of your State? If so, buy a a hunting, fishing, and trapping license. Or, like Obama's vice said; "demonstrate your patriotism by paying more taxes"

Would you believe that we even sterilize wolves avery now and then? Yes, it's true! Some bunny-hugger biologist talked F&G into "sterilization" of wolves a few years ago. All they had to do was to take an "abortion" biologist to take care of the wolf girls out there, but noooo! They sterilized the rascals instead! The boy wolves can't howl like real wolves anymore! They now sound like girly wolves, like the castrati from long ago in Rome.

Last edited by RayinAK; 09-24-2008 at 12:48 AM..

Old 09-24-2008, 07:41 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
You're an idiot.
Boy that stings!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:55 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It's working for me. I guess I fall into the 10% of Americans who believe that how we treat animals and the rest of the environment is a reflection of our humanity or lack thereof.

Oh, and the 'Obama is a Muslim' bit that you all keep going on about: so two years ago.
It works for me, too. It's disgusting. I hate seeing hunters "proud" of doing this, when it is not necessary - just what they call "sport". I'll go further and call people like that stupid - it's just a stupid thing to do. Stupid and disgusting and cruel. I think it tells a lot about a person when they love doing things like that, and it ain't pretty.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:59 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
This is so last week. But let the left continue to use fear tactics, its not working!
fear tactics against all teh wolves who are voting?

Old 09-24-2008, 08:00 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
let me ask you gun-nuts:
Who get's to decide when a species is "overpopulated"?
Maybe it's the humans that are overpopulated...
No kidding - our species has overpopulated the earth, with our constant breeding. Animals show up where we've built houses, because WE are taking THEIR land.

I see people with 3 kids or more in this day and age, with another on the way, and I just get disgusted. Have they ever heard of birth control?

Old 09-24-2008, 08:04 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
It works for me, too. It's disgusting. I hate seeing hunters "proud" of doing this, when it is not necessary - just what they call "sport". I'll go further and call people like that stupid - it's just a stupid thing to do. Stupid and disgusting and cruel. I think it tells a lot about a person when they love doing things like that, and it ain't pretty.
Do you guy's know that wolves are carnivore's? How do you think they kill their food? Have you ever seen, a poor little Bunny Rabbit being eaten alive by a wolf, ripping its flesh and tearing it's limbs from it's body while it is still alive? Have you ever heard the blood curdling scream that a bunny rabbit makes when it is being eaten? Poor wolves!

Old 09-26-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Sports? And you believe hunting is cruel? How about chumping on a Big Mac? There are a lot of cruel things you do. Every product you eat has been alive some time in the past, including veggies. Just because plants have no eyes that stare at you when you kill them for food (or little mouths to scream in pain), it does not mean that they are not alive like you and me. How about the thousands of abortions each day? Isn't that cruel?

Last edited by RayinAK; 09-26-2008 at 12:15 AM..

Old 09-26-2008, 12:14 AM

Quote:
No kidding - our species has overpopulated the earth, with our constant breeding. Animals show up where we've built houses, because WE are taking THEIR land.

I see people with 3 kids or more in this day and age, with another on the way, and I just get disgusted. Have they ever heard of birth control?
Wolves in Alaska overpopulate, too. If they don't find moose, caribou, and other game to kill, they "wolf" their young first, and then themselves. Would you like to see a few photos of a pack of wolves tearing a moose apart while it's still alive? How about a video of wolves waiting for caribou calfs during birth, and devouring them before they hit the tundra when coming out of their mothers' wombs? It's so "sporting" to watch such a beautiful moment in time, the cries of the little calf, the tender flesh teared to ribbons by sharp canines, and the blood spraying from the little bodies (just like a "squirt" tomato when I chump on it). Ahhh...! Such a titillating experience! You don't want to miss it.

Last edited by RayinAK; 09-26-2008 at 12:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections