U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-12-2008, 04:39 PM

2,866 posts, read 4,175,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
It seems to me, I've noticed most of the supporters of the radical animal rights type groups are city dwellers who are detached from the natural world and have little personal experience with it.
Maybe so, but there are a lot of us, and we vote!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 04:40 PM

14,396 posts, read 13,564,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Maybe so, but there are a lot of us, and we vote!
Ignorance isn't something to be proud of.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:40 PM

3,256 posts, read 3,246,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
If this is the best that Obama and his team can come up with then I feel really bad for him. How does wolf hunting speak to the majority of America? Why would 90% of the country care? How is this more important that the war, the economy, gas etc? What a buffoon.
It is as important to me as fired/not fired cooks. She does not talk about coherently about the war, the economy, etc, so we are left with the heart warming image of a hockey mom who spends quality time with her kids slaughtering wolves and doing it from the air so they do not have a chance! Hunting takes some skill, some cunning. This is wolf slaughter.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:43 PM

389 posts, read 709,469 times
Quote:
It seems to me, I've noticed most of the supporters of the radical animal rights type groups are city dwellers who are detached from the natural world and have little personal experience with it.
I didn't always live in a city, so think again. And "radical"? Just because I don't believe in killing Alaska's wolves, doesn't mean I support PETAs crazy agendas. Way to jump to conclusions.

Just because you're for killing them, does that mean you're also for killing Blue Whales and Pandas? It's the only logical conclusion.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:43 PM

7,948 posts, read 7,026,653 times
I prefer the present vp that aims for people...lol

Old 09-12-2008, 04:45 PM

14,396 posts, read 13,564,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torresdale View Post
I didn't always live in a city, so think again. And "radical"? Just because I don't believe in killing Alaska's wolves, doesn't mean I support PETAs crazy agendas. Way to jump to conclusions.

Just because you're for killing them, does that mean you're also for killing Blue Whales and Pandas? It's the only logical conclusion.
One's environment affects one. When and how long did you not live in a city? It's a fact that the majority of the PETA types are city people, and very ignorant.

I'm for the scientific management of wildlife. In this case I support the predator control program because it's needed. I also hunt and trap and will likely get some wolves in Alaska (not from a plane though). I in fact like wildlife a lot (and despise overcrowded cities) and look forward to having wolves around. I simply aim to look at things like this rationally not emotionally...

Old 09-12-2008, 04:49 PM

471 posts, read 1,227,255 times
In my opinion, this is a doctored video from people who have a personal agenda. Anybody who would fall for this is very gullible. What's next?

Old 09-12-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
One's environment affects one. When and how long did you not live in a city? It's a fact that the majority of the PETA types are city people, and very ignorant.
I grew up eating deer and pheasant from the woods of PA. My uncle was a hunter, and he killed to eat only. No trophies, and he tracked every animal he hit. The native Alaskan did not have airplanes to track and kill their meat, so if they want to continue their traditional ways, ok. When you decide to open a slaughter house for wolves, regulate it and call it what it is, a slaughter house, but make sure all those wolves are food. Sport killing for trophies and not subsistence is disgusting.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:50 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,275,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
This is so last week. But let the left continue to use fear tactics, its not working!
If it was true last week, then it's still true this week. Sarah Palin is still a very dangerous woman that should be investigated thoroughly. Why would we give her access to national security codes that could send us ALL to war and death?? I mean, great, that you're for your condidate, but why is this psycho getting a free pass on all the things that she's been called on???

Old 09-12-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korel View Post
In my opinion, this is a doctored video from people who have a personal agenda. Anybody who would fall for this is very gullible. What's next?
You do not believe there is aerial hunting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections