U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:29 PM

7,185 posts, read 5,632,664 times

Advertisements

I don't know how reliable the CFP is and the whole thing sounds rather far fetched, but then again if you think about it..

Quote:
Our source, citing other highly reliable sources, states that Senator Joe Biden will withdraw as the Democrat Vice-Presidential candidate, possibly due to some imminent medical emergency. These sources go on to state that negotiations have occured between Barack Obama and Bill Clinton to replace Senator Biden on the ticket with Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.
CFP: Senator Biden to Quit, Hillary to Become Obama’s VP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 05:33 PM

8,063 posts, read 11,609,857 times
I've been seeing a whole lot of buzz about this in a number of places. They say that's what the lunch with Bill was all about yesterday and why Bill predicted Obama would win handily.

I can't imagine Obama would do this, though, unless he wanted to lose big. Sheesh, it would be the ULTIMATE flip-flop, an admission of making a poor decision, seen as a huge pander, and an acknowledgement that the choice of Sarah Palin was brilliant.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:34 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,387,654 times
Not if it turns out that Biden is seriously ill.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:35 PM

8,241 posts, read 10,559,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I've been seeing a whole lot of buzz about this in a number of places. They say that's what the lunch with Bill was all about yesterday and why Bill predicted Obama would win handily.

I can't imagine Obama would do this, though, unless he wanted to lose big. Sheesh, it would be the ULTIMATE flip-flop, an admission of making a poor decision, seen as a huge pander, and an acknowledgement that the choice of Sarah Palin was brilliant.
Why do you see the choice of Palin as brilliant? If she were Sam Palin, Governor of Alaska, would you agree she was as good a choice, better or worse?

Old 09-12-2008, 05:36 PM

1,804 posts, read 422,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I don't know how reliable the CFP is and the whole thing sounds rather far fetched, but then again if you think about it..

CFP: Senator Biden to Quit, Hillary to Become Obama’s VP?
Fox News - Canadian edition, I wouldn't put any stock into it.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:38 PM

12,547 posts, read 12,064,450 times
Unless it is true that Obama is a puppet to the Dems! A front to win the votes with black man in control for show!
If they do that they will alienate a huge base of their Dems as it should be.

Is Obama so much of an idiot that he cannot properly pick his VP?

Or is Obama willing to do ANYTHING to get what he wants and if that is the case do we want another president like this in office?

Old 09-12-2008, 05:39 PM

8,241 posts, read 10,559,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Unless it is true that Obama is a puppet to the Dems! A front to win the votes with black man in control for show!
If they do that they will alienate a huge base of their Dems as it should be.

Is Obama so much of an idiot that he cannot properly pick his VP?

Or is Obama willing to do ANYTHING to get what he wants and if that is the case do we want another president like this in office?
....kind of like George Bush, the puppet of Karl Rove and the GOP machine?

Old 09-12-2008, 05:41 PM

1,804 posts, read 422,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
LOL you just described McShame quite accurately!

Old 09-12-2008, 05:41 PM

6,758 posts, read 7,178,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Why do you see the choice of Palin as brilliant? If she were Sam Palin, Governor of Alaska, would you agree she was as good a choice, better or worse?

I would. I like governors as candidates, and historically they do MUCH better than senators anyway.

A governor who has jumped right into the middle of things to change what he/she has perceived as wrong and done a job with an 80% approval rating, yet has no ties to the big corruption machine in DC? How could one pick a better VP?

Old 09-12-2008, 05:42 PM

17,016 posts, read 14,520,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post

HELLO? If Biden withdrew for a medical reason, what choice would Obama have but to pick someone else? That's not the same as kicking Biden out and going with Clinton instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections