Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 10:05 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Her appeal is apparent.
Wait till next week when the high wears off.....FLOP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 12:06 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Gibson is a fool.

The left and the media don't "get" this woman, so in their minds she is an idiot.

Let's see where Gibson's career track leads him now...and where Palin's does.

The right and a lot of moderates see this woman as a smart, thoughtful, realist with conservative values. And they see Gibson as a smug fool, that HIMSELF gave the wrong definition of the Bush Doctrine that he tried to trip Palin up on. Charles Krauthammer, originator of the phrase, says that Gibson is a fool, also.

Note to the left/MSM: Keep it up. You are putting the nails in the Obama coffin, when he doesn't do it himself.

The fact is that anyone who rightfully sees through this charade is labeled as "biased" by her supporters, when, in fact, its entirely too easy to see how under qualified this woman is, no matter how much you think you "get" her.

Thinking people "get" her, too.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:07 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
GIBSON: Homosexuality, genetic or learned?
PALIN: Oh, I don't -- I don't know, but .... I'm not one to.. to judge uh... and, you know, I'm from a uh.. uh.. a family and from a community with uh many, many members of many diverse backgrounds and I'm not going to judge someone on whether they believe that homosexuality is a choice or uh genetic -- I'm not going to judge them.

Sarah Palin Believes homosexuals can become heterosexual through prayer.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: "In Iran, we don't have homosexuals like in your country."

Opposite sides of the same coin

Old 09-13-2008, 12:31 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpitts View Post
Jerz,

Your cons are my pros. We are on opposite sides of the spectrum. I want to reduce taxes and government. You want to increase government, hence taxes. I think Bush signed into law way to many bills. He should have vetoed. I am not certain McCain will but I know Obama will not because he has told us he will not. I am pretty sure nothing I say will change your mind. I know you will not change my mind about Obama.
dpitts,

What I listed as "cons" were Palin's cons, not mine. I was writing what she sounded certain of/assertive on and which direction she was assertive in (in both examples, she was against them--"con").

Old 09-13-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The fact is that anyone who rightfully sees through this charade is labeled as "biased" by her supporters, when, in fact, its entirely too easy to see how under qualified this woman is, no matter how much you think you "get" her.

Exactly.

Jesus Christ himself could be criticizing her and the Conservative Reich would be saying, "Oh, that Jesus. He's just a crazy non-working terrorist hippie lib!"

I love how Gibson is being criticized here for being sooooooooo obnoxious and sooooooooooo left for, you know, sitting there and calmly asking questions.

Damn, those pertinent questions are so...annoying.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:41 PM

495 posts, read 748,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
Thanks for posting the video but no thanks, I really can't bear listening to that angry, shemale, obnoxious, snobby voice anymore.
A lot of folks share your pain!

Old 09-13-2008, 12:42 PM

495 posts, read 748,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Exactly.

Jesus Christ himself could be criticizing her and the Conservative Reich would be saying, "Oh, that Jesus. He's just a crazy non-working terrorist hippie lib!"

I love how Gibson is being criticized here for being sooooooooo obnoxious and sooooooooooo left for, you know, sitting there and calmly asking questions.

Damn, those pertinent questions are so...annoying.
Gibson, in my opinion, did a splendid job. He is top notch. A real anchor and journalist.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:39 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
Thanks for posting the video but no thanks, I really can't bear listening to that angry, shemale, obnoxious, snobby voice anymore.

Shemale? Snobby voice? Oh, dear, the Dali-Lama is in trouble. His minions are really saying some funny things this last week.

My personal fav from the brilliant left: Jesus was a community organizer, Pontius Pilate was a Governor. That is a classic!

Back to the great "she-male" observation. Acts pretty feminine to me. However that Barry, he is quite the swisher. And, well, gosh you remember all those "rumors" about his weekend of love with Larry Sinclair. You guys ALWAYS open the door you shouldn't. Bwahahahahahaha!

Old 09-13-2008, 05:47 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Let's review. Stephanopolous (sp?) heard Barry say "My Muslim faith" and stuffed those words back down Barry's throat a nano-second after they were uttered and reminded him he was a Christian.

That fool Gibson didn't HIMSELF know what the Bush Doctrine was, and acted like a bitter community college instructor trying to trap a pretty student who has rebuffed his advances, by throwing trick questions... Then when she answered the ACTUAL QUESTION correctly he looked down his horrid, pointy nose and pretended that she was WRONG. Sorry, she gave an appropriate and correct answer in the mind of many Americans. INCLUDING CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER, the fellow who first made mention of the "Bush Doctrine".

I see. Naw. Your right. The MSM is not whoring for Barry.

Believe me, a lot of people see it differently.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Shemale? Snobby voice? Oh, dear, the Dali-Lama is in trouble. His minions are really saying some funny things this last week.
The Dalai Lama isn't grasping for power and encouraging warfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections