Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 08:38 PM

495 posts, read 748,074 times

Advertisements

In case you missed it, this is second exclusive interview of Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin by ABC anchor Charlies Gibson. This interview was conducted Sept. 12.

Video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 08:54 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
That's pretty bad. She pretty much babbled and did not answer his questions. She talked more about view points and expressions, rather than concrete answers.

She does not seem to have an idea of how to help America, but can talk it up about being nice to veterans and abortion.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:06 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
She is in so far over her head.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:18 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
I love the way Charlie keeps staring at her...like he can't believe it.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:28 PM

Okay. So. She did specifically and unflinchingly express her opinion on abortion in rape/incest cases (con) and stem cell research (con) and did openly admit that her opinion on abortion is in opposition to her runningmate's.

But on EVERY OTHER question, she literally didn't answer. Charlie kept asking her specifically how McCain and she plan to enact certain changes they're claiming they'll make (i.e.--cutting spending) and she babbled on and on to Charlie about how overspending HAS to change...as if Charlie doesn't know these things have to change even though he's the one who brought up the question in the first place. (???) It's like somebody pulled her string and she gave some automatic answer. Yeah, no sh * te these things need to change. That's why the interviewer is asking you how you'll change them...you complete dolt! (smacking forehead)

Or on the issue of money to Alaska for rather ridiculous marine life studies...she babbled that those were okay because the government didn't try to hide the fact that that's where the money was going. (??? on several counts there.)

WTF? This person is so unprepared. She has no clue. I could have answered these questions better and I'm a nobody who writes silly internet articles for a living.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:48 PM

149 posts, read 323,094 times
She oversees a multi billion dollar budget in Alaska. What was Bill Clinton's Arkansas budget before he became president? What's wrong with less taxes and better management of the people's money. Obama wants to spend more before he fixes all the bad spending. He seems backwards. I trust her 100 times more than Obama. She will be great for this country I cannot say the same for Obama.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpitts View Post
She oversees a multi billion dollar budget in Alaska. What was Bill Clinton's Arkansas budget before he became president? What's wrong with less taxes and better management of the people's money. Obama wants to spend more before he fixes all the bad spending. He seems backwards. I trust her 100 times more than Obama. She will be great for this country I cannot say the same for Obama.
Oh, that's awesome!

So what specifically will she do?

Maybe you can tell us, because she wasn't able to.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:53 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
I thought she did fine, too. How could she possibly say specifically what she would trim until the federal budget was presented to her as VP?????? If she said she'd take a close look at specific programs, such as Medicare, AARP (and Obama operatives) would be freaking out about McCain/Palin getting ready to cut medical care for senior citizens and the disabled.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:02 AM

149 posts, read 323,094 times
Jerz,

Your cons are my pros. We are on opposite sides of the spectrum. I want to reduce taxes and government. You want to increase government, hence taxes. I think Bush signed into law way to many bills. He should have vetoed. I am not certain McCain will but I know Obama will not because he has told us he will not. I am pretty sure nothing I say will change your mind. I know you will not change my mind about Obama.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:15 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Ms Palin talked about domestic reform and economic policy, mentioning, among a few other things, that the government should get out of the way and reform of the oversight bodies such as Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, already, by the way, subsumed by the government.

In this context she had a chance to discuss and criticize government's biggest and most perverse form of interference in the economy over the past several years, monetary policy and the setting of interest rates, she had a chance to propose monetary policy reform and reform of the Federal Reserve.

She had a chance to discuss and propose on those issues, but she didn't.

In that sense, she is no different than any other candidate from either side of the two-headed monster.

Never mind, back to the red herring issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections