U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2008, 08:52 PM

7,922 posts, read 7,617,489 times

Advertisements

I'm a Brit who is an American Resident. I'm in the lucky position that whoever wins the Presidential Election, i can't lose.
As an American Resident, Obama is the best choice. He REALLY does want change. He has real policies that will help America in the Short and Long term. He has a real health plan, he has a energy plan to take America well into the 21st Century as energy leaders. His plan for the Economy is going to bring tax cuts to those who need them and not to the ultra rich who wil use them to bolster their high earnings. He wants to negotiate and not rush into war, but will fight as a last resort, which is how it should be.
McCain is running on a War ticket. He has always had disasters with his "maverick" attitude and that is why he spent the vietnam war in a cell instead of in a jet fighting the enemy. He has gone against anyone in Govt. that he feels is wrong, even if they are right. His healthcare plan is that "Most" Americans will get Health Cover ( no change there then). His "Drill here, Drill now" plan is a short term fix. His Economy plan is Simple... Just do what Bush did.
Simple choice really... Obama for America's well being. McCain for the well being of the rest of the world.
If Obama wins i will have a great future in America. If McCain wins, i'll just wait a little while until he completely destroys the American economy The Dollar falls more against the pound and buy more cheep houses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 08:59 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,705,089 times
How would McCain be good for the rest of the world?

Old 09-12-2008, 09:13 PM

By destroying the American Economy. By Bankrupting America with more war. That's good for starters.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:05 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,705,089 times
Uhh... that's like saying nuclear winter is great for bacteria...

Old 09-13-2008, 04:52 AM

454 posts, read 667,110 times
I though Obama was the world citizen?

Old 09-13-2008, 06:45 AM

3,413 posts, read 7,833,178 times
Britain's PM Gordon Brown all but endorsed Obama this week.

I agree with the OP that a McCain administration will destroy this country.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:30 AM

If you Look at the policies and not the personality hype, Obama has the best policies for America. Obama... Health for all...McCain Health for most Americans. Economy Obama... Tax cuts for the Americans who need them and could move forward. McCain.... Keep the Bush Policy and give the Rich more tax breaks. ( more private planes etc). Energy.. Obama... Regulated drilling now, intense research and application of alternative fuel for real fuel Independence. McCain... Drill Drill Drill..."i'll be out of office when the oil runs out, someone elses problem"
Once in office McCain would allow amnesty and watch the fabric of America implode as he sends trillions abroad for wars that America just cannot sustain. Obama will try diplomacy before declaring a war. Just like JFK.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:37 PM

858 posts, read 1,968,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
By destroying the American Economy. By Bankrupting America with more war. That's good for starters.
That's another way of saying McCain is good for the world, especially to China and Russia.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:52 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,594,435 times
i love how those who don't understand how tax breaks work comment all day about them. EVERYONE has the SAME tax breaks. the difference between the rich and the poor is who is USING them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or