Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:46 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times

Advertisements

"Oh, poor you!"

--Livia Soprano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I have read a transcript and watched The View after I heard what had happened during the interview with Cindy and John McCain.

Except for Elisabeth, they went way to far and specially Whoppi...she should be fired for saying these outragous things to a person and specially to a War hero. Such a disrespect for the guest on their show....They were only invited to get treated with disrespect...and Whoopi's question or remark "if you will be in the White House...will it be a plantation again!!!"...Wow...how on eart can she get away with this....she is a racist and very biast and just like Obermann and mathews shouldn't be on tv.....I quit watching the program while Rosie was on there since Barbara Walters let this all happen and didn't do anything but sitting there and let Elisabeth get treated very unfair.

2 Years ago I already mentioned that when a subject is toff, Barbara is never there...she always keeps her mouth shut or it is on days that she isn't there....now she was there and was very biast...just watch the program when Michelle Obama was there.....

I don't watch Oprah (I read her magazine before, but not anymore and unscribed for her email and now if I get anything from her it is called "spam") , The View (although I feel sorry for Elisabeth) anymore and besides that is saves time, IMO these programs don't deserve to be called anything else than biast and unfair and disrespectful towards others and that isn't how we raise our kids and want to see others doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 08:50 AM

317 posts, read 496,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He does have my respect as a veteran and POW. He still aint qualified though.
John McCain not qualified?! Are you f***ing serious?!
Read McCain's bio. Then compare it to Obama's qualifications. McCain is 20 times more qualified than Obama. I'm not sure why you are having such a hard time understanding that.

John McCain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-13-2008, 08:53 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
You dont know that. And if the McCain camps says this about Democrats, they are probably lying. Respect for servfice is found in most camps. Its those who order them to combat that should be questioned.
Is it? Is it really? Clintons had very little respect for those who served. Their actions and treatment confirmed this.
The new party line: Those who serve are uneducated, low achievers with few prospects and had no other options. Hardly words of respect. This isn't from the McCain camp this is from the lips of democrats.
Rual americans cling to guns and religion. Respect? I think not. Elitist for sure.
Deomcrats have no problem sending our soldiers to war. They after all have sent more to war than anyone. Whats changed is how the democratic party views those who serve. We make excellent UN peace keeping forces. Yes its ok to give us the dirtiest, lousiest detail. America has plenty more where they came from. I lived it I know all about it.
I agree anyone who orders us into combat needs to be questioned. Both parties had ample opprotunity before we were sent. It would seem that both parties dropped that ball. Not surprising because they are more concerned with party dogma than they are with National health.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:55 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
John McCain not qualified?! Are you f***ing serious?!
Read McCain's bio. Then compare it to Obama's qualifications. McCain is 20 times more qualified than Obama. I'm not sure why you are having such a hard time understanding that.

John McCain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I expressed only three disqualifiers, which negate any experience. I could list many more. I'm looking for more qualifiers than disqualifiers, thats how ya play this game

The shrewdness (and hypocrisy) of the Rovian choice of Palin for Veep is that this camp, which famously attacked Obama's lack of experience, one upped themselves and doubled down:

We'll pick someone even more inexperienced, as in, VASTLY inexperienced, someone who has left this COUNTRY one time in their life, and put her a heartbeat away from being President.

It's the most cynical ploy I have ever seen in my life. They are gambling on Americans being stupid

Old 09-13-2008, 08:57 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
I think they were free to ask and comment as they wanted, it is their show. Hannity will be a giddish schoolboy when Palin is on his show, so we get it all. That is why the press is free and the commentators are commentators. The fact that McCain was continuing his debunked talking points allowed the ladies an opportunity to challenge him on them in person.
No that is not true guests can give a list of Do not discuss things Michelle Obama did!

Old 09-13-2008, 08:57 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Is it? Is it really? Clintons had very little respect for those who served. Their actions and treatment confirmed this.
Bull f**king sh*t

Clinton showed respect by not losing a soldier to COMBAT in the Balkans, thats REAL respect, not the fake kind expressed by Republicans, who send them off without what they need for invented reasons to fight and die and get maimed for life.

You people better wake up before its too late

Old 09-13-2008, 08:58 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
I still laugh at this show. LIz Hasselbeck who is such an expert yet only reason she is famous is 1) she was on survivor 2) she is married to the lesser QB hasselbeck brother.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:00 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
As much as I do not agree with far left people like Whoopi and the other one, Hasselback is just as idiotic. Now, as far as firing people for expressing their opinions. I think you need to move to North Korea!!!
Really tell that to Imus!

Old 09-13-2008, 09:00 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,042,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
No a self claimed community worker with a man who lied about how his wife and son died (which is bad enough and he made it look like a drunk driver killed them....which is a lie) and Obama who is just a muslim who is in denial to get him and his terrorist friends in the White House.....wow....and about whining....the only whining I hear is from his church, Obama, and his campaign.....Mr. Nobama the loser with his loser friends....Rezko, Rev. Wright, Father pfleger, Bill Ayers, Hamas members, etc.......

never thought about why a muslim born person, never officialy denied he is a muslim anymore? he is a muslim and just like the Jewish religion...that is how they see it...you are born a muslim and a Jew and if Obama is a Christian than he converted....well when did he convert...tell that to the muslim world....see what happens?
Thank you for this post - it speaks volumes about your credibility

Old 09-13-2008, 09:03 AM

317 posts, read 496,093 times
Quote:
The shrewdness (and hypocrisy) of the Rovian choice of Palin for Veep is that this camp, which famously attacked Obama's lack of experience, one upped themselves and doubled down:
odanny, I'm not sure how many more times I have to explain this to you. Sarah Palin is more experienced than Obama. She has 16 years of political experience. That is alot more experience then Barack Obama has, and Obama doesn't have any governing experience like Palin does. So how can anybody accuse Palin of not being experienced enough for VP, but at the same time say that Obama is experienced enough for president? Obama has no governing experience, no military experience, no business experience, and has never had to make an executive decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections