Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 11:30 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times

Advertisements

Maybe Sarah Palin should get an add saying "Make underage pregnancy available but rare"...............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 11:31 AM

127 posts, read 221,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Do you have a link for this? I'd like to see it.

Here's the link. It's in the video clip of the interview. If you want to save time, start at the middle.

Q & A: Meghan McCain on her new book - Biography and memoirs - MSNBC.com

Old 09-13-2008, 11:37 AM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
With Palin I am concerned we are not just talking about "clinical abortion" we are also talking about banning and criminalizing contraceptives used by married couples and opposition to gathering forensic evidence in rape cases.

There is a reason that Mayor Palin opposed the expenditure of tax money for rape kits......(note well, she didnt oppose finger print kits or the collection of blood evidence in crimes of violence)...But she does oppose public monies being used to collect evidence of rape. This is really odd since Alaska has the highest incidence of rape and incest of any state in the union. Does she consider the ravaged and violated womb to be so holy that forensic evidence can't be collected? Is she more afraid that a fertilized egg might be collected before it gets a chance to implant in the victims uterus, than in prosecuting the criminal assault?

Palin seems to see a need to punish the victim of rape and to interfer with the prosecution of the rapist. This is one twisted, mean spirited person. I cant help wonder if maybe rape hits too close to home--after all we know she proudly declares there is only lip stick that seperates her from a momma pit bull.

Last edited by elston; 09-13-2008 at 11:52 AM..

Old 09-13-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Agreed, it is really a discussion about states rights on the issue. I see this as being like capital punishment, states can handle it as they see fit.

Folks who see the overturn of Roe v Wade as outlawing abortion are really pandering, and I state this as someone who is pro-choice (at least for the first few months of pregnancy).
The only problem is it gets down to money again. The rich can take their daughters to states that allow abortion, while the poor are stuck with their state's law.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Perhaps he is not all prolife and so would not try to usher it in. I like that they would counsel her but leave the choice to her. I also think that anyone desiring an abortion should talk to a counselor. This isn't an easy decision. While I do not believe in abortion I would never press those views onto others.
All he has to do is appoint a conservative judge to the Supreme Court and it's over for Roe v Wade. He doesn't have to try to usher anything in. He'll never appoint a Democrat on the Supreme Court.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:54 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbums2 View Post
Here's the link. It's in the video clip of the interview. If you want to save time, start at the middle.

Q & A: Meghan McCain on her new book - Biography and memoirs - MSNBC.com
This is interesting but to be fair, that was when she was 14 and McCain was a different candidate then. I honestly believe that he has taken a hard turn to the right so he is saying things now that fly in the face of positions he has had in the past.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:57 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
He does turn a lot. I suppose it depends on who he needs to get what he wants.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:59 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Please update yourself. This smear was proven to be false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
With Palin I am concerned we are not just talking about "clinical abortion" we are also talking about banning and criminalizing contraceptives used by married couples and opposition to gathering forensic evidence in rape cases.

There is a reason that Mayor Palin opposed the expenditure of tax money for rape kits......(note well, she didnt oppose finger print kits or the collection of blood evidence in crimes of violence)...But she does oppose public monies being used to collect evidence of rape. This is really odd since Alaska has the highest incidence of rape and incest of any state in the union. Does she consider the ravaged and violated womb to be so holy that forensic evidence can't be collected? Is she more afraid that a fertilized egg might be collected before it gets a chance to implant in the victims uterus, than in prosecuting the criminal assault?

Palin seems to see a need to punish the victim of rape and to interfer with the prosecution of the rapist. This is one twisted, mean spirited person. I cant help wonder if maybe rape hits too close to home--after all we know she proudly declares there is only lip stick that seperates her from a momma pit bull.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
This is interesting but to be fair, that was when she was 14 and McCain was a different candidate then. I honestly believe that he has taken a hard turn to the right so he is saying things now that fly in the face of positions he has had in the past.
Hasn't McCain been saying during this campaign that he has been pro-life his entire career in the Senate? Or did I hear wrong?

Old 09-13-2008, 12:05 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
If abortion can never be outlawed, why did the right refuse two qualified pro choice candidates for VP?
And why does one want to outlaw abortion? So many more pregnant women then ever can get on the Internet and find out how in the hell a coat hanger is used to give one's self an abortion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections