Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 06:52 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,480,601 times

Advertisements

I don't think the GOP's southern dominance has anything to do with racism. Get out of your blue enclaves and realize that there are decent good people who live in flyover country. That said....

I'm ready to vote for a black man, but Obama isn't it. His lack of understanding in all areas is frightening. Also, his supporters turn me off. Not the "hope, change etc" people. (naive as they are) But the far left blogging nutcases who make up lies about Palin and snide remarks about people who don't agree with them. Normal Americans don't like them, and will be less inclined to support the guy they support. Unless the Dems distance themselves from those guys, and stop insulting those they disagree with, they'll always be America's minority party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 07:06 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Did you mean to say "subconscious"?

Old 09-14-2008, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
I plan on merely voting against his ideology and his "white side". How's that work for y'all?

Bwahahahahaaaaaa!!!!! Exactly. What you said.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:09 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
this is a joke right? obama and his supporters have been squealing race from the get go. sexism, racism, ageism. we have it all. how about people vote for who they want to vote for. you want to know why I don't like obama? he's a politician.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
But you can say the same about McCain where he is promising false hopes that he wont live up to. I do find it suspect that if Sarah Palin is attacked its called sexism. But when Obama is attack, nobody will cry racism because then people will say they are playing the race card. But this is going beyond the difference of opinions. People dont like Obama as if he has done something to them.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Newsflash: Calling Obama's wife an "animal" or a "wildebeest," as you did, is racist. Apparently, it doesn't get "old" with you.
Wrong. If someone called her a simian, a gorilla, a chimp, THAT would be racist. But an animal or beast? Those are pretty generic terms that can apply to anyone you don't like, and usually references traits you think are base or which lack the refinement associated with humans. For example, Bill Clinton is definitely an animal -- he allows his physical impulses to override his mind -- a classic trait of an animal.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:37 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Wrong. If someone called her a simian, a gorilla, a chimp, THAT would be racist. But an animal or beast? Those are pretty generic terms that can apply to anyone you don't like, and usually references traits you think are base or which lack the refinement associated with humans. For example, Bill Clinton is definitely an animal -- he allows his physical impulses to override his mind -- a classic trait of an animal.
Sheer "doublespeak." And someone on this forum did call Obama a "monkey." Not one Republican protested it. Nice try.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:30 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Well, I did call her "Sasquatch", LOL. It's because of the way she walks and her posture, not her color.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Well, I did call her "Sasquatch", LOL. It's because of the way she walks and her posture, not her color.
LOL!

Not an expert on the animal kingdom, but if I were going to call her a beast, I'd be thinking of one that has angry, glaring eyes, flaring nostrils, and looks ready to charge at any moment. Maybe, a bull?

Old 09-14-2008, 11:39 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
It's really quite frightening how nasty and abusive and racist neo-cons are. You people give new meaning to the term "neanderthal."

As for "angry, glaring eyes, flaring nostrils, and it looks ready to charge at any moment," even most Republican senators would describe McCain this way.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:51 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
The only way Obama will win, is if people can cast their vote via email! Sorry folks it's not going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections