Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 03:22 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I'm quoting the editorial - link in the OP, where you can see it in context. Your second para answers the question in your first para.
What I have said applies to every person, regardless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 03:25 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think most of the electorate is aware of what the NYTimes is about. Remember the Op-Ed they refused to print of McCain's? Polls show the electorate realizes the media is trying to help Obama. Besides, that's just one partisan hack's opinion. Who cares?
people in this country choose who to vote for based on their OPINION of the candidates. Opinions matter.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Beats me--how many? Since this isn't his first campaign, I would imagine he's made it to the cover a few times. Of course, he's probably made it to the cover a few times without a caption that says he might become President. During the Keating Five episode, for example.
Time Magazine have had all sorts of people on their covers; Bush, Carter, Clinton, Arafat, Hussein, B. Hussein Obama, and a whole bunch between these., including ones who never mede it to the US presidency.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
It's almost hysterical how some will go after Palin's record and experience while at the same time touting that of a 143 day senator. She's beat him in virtually every catagory of presidential "experience."
the difference is that Obama was chosen by the voters in the primaries. Palin was chosen by one person who is thinking only of himself and how to get himself into the white house. Country first my a$$.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
the difference is that Obama was chosen by the voters in the primaries. Palin was chosen by one person who is thinking only of himself and how to get himself into the white house. Country first my a$$.
And how was Biden chosen for vice? Wasn't he picked by Obama?

Old 10-04-2008, 03:31 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I had a lot of respect for him too, actually. Wasn't going to vote that way, but on a personal level I really did. Now I don't. Recently there was a quote posted somewhere in which he said his race in 2000 was due to his own ambition to be president and not so much for the country. Well, that's pretty evident...
Yes, and when, if he wins he ends up in the hospital, we will see how unfortunate his choice for VP was, he could care less. Country first indeed.

lol at some posters critiquing NYT and then quoting Rush drug-addict Limbaugh. Sad.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:32 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Exactly. The man has no regard for anything except his own blind ambition.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Time Magazine have had all sorts of people on their covers; Bush, Carter, Clinton, Arafat, Hussein, B. Hussein Obama, and a whole bunch between these., including ones who never mede it to the US presidency.
you all are missing the point. the point is that he's been a senator a lot longer than 143 days, not how many times he's been on Time magazine.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
And how was Biden chosen for vice? Wasn't he picked by Obama?
the comparison was between Obama's lack of experience and Palin's lack of experience. Biden is irrelevant in this conversation.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:34 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
The truth hurts, eh?
It might be the case if we are defining truth based on "what it means to me" under an educational system that is too afraid to tell someone they are wrong there by refusing them the ability to learn. Yes, if that is what you mean by "truth" in your special little world, you are probably correct.

Though in the real world of the ethical and honest, we don't change definitions of words in order to make our own illogical positions seem valid. That form of fallacy would be like pulling someone behind you to claim you moved forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections