Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's the biggest threat to your beliefs and lifestyle in 2008-2020
Vladimir Putin 2 3.13%
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad 2 3.13%
Hugo Chavez 0 0%
Barack Obama 22 34.38%
Sleeper cells at home and abroad 1 1.56%
People in the caves of Tora Bora 0 0%
Mexican and Central American immigrants 4 6.25%
People's Republic of China 4 6.25%
European Union and Empire of Japan 0 0%
Sarah Palin 6 9.38%
Powers That Be, who picked Sarah Palin 23 35.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 12:07 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times

Advertisements

Looks like Sarah Palin is taking a beating with a combined score of 15 [nearly double any other category]. Yes, America is taking another look at Ms Palin & coming away dissatisfied. The poll seems to accurately reflect actual feelings in our nation.

Editorials are blasting McCain for such a poor pick esp since he is getting old & beginning to exhibit early-stage Alzheimer's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 01:57 PM

654 posts, read 1,210,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Looks like Sarah Palin is taking a beating with a combined score of 15 [nearly double any other category]. Yes, America is taking another look at Ms Palin & coming away dissatisfied. The poll seems to accurately reflect actual feelings in our nation.

Editorials are blasting McCain for such a poor pick esp since he is getting old & beginning to exhibit early-stage Alzheimer's.
If you think that the results of a poll on an obscure discussion forum such as this is indicative of how the rest of the country feels than you are living in a fantasy world.

Editorials blasting McCain? Give me a break. So what if they are, the mainstream media has been fellating Obama and going after whoever is in his way for the past 18 months. Your going to have to do better than pointing out editorials against to make a point.
As for exhibiting early stages of Alzheimers, you have got to be kidding. Was the Chosen One exhibiting symptoms of Alzheimers when he talked about traveling to the 57 states in this country. Or when he said that he didn't know that his reverend and close friend was preaching hatred towards whites and America even though he sat through his sermons for over 20 years. Or when he 'misspoke' about how working class Americans are "clinging to their guns or religion". Or when....... I think you get the point.

Honestly, can *******s ever come up with something more original or with more substance than Republican = stupid or extremist? To bring up a famous quote, "there's no there there".

Old 09-14-2008, 01:59 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
I'm thinking the powers that be that picked Palin, cuz that one covers most of the other choices as well.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:59 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Why did you leave Biden off? If Palin is such a "no one" then why do you list the presidential candidates, and Palin but not Biden? That is really revealing. She is a huge threat to you Dems.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:10 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,919,012 times
This question was not worded right for the options given. If you hate the likes of Palin, so be it, it is your right as an American, but to choose her over the mad dictator of Iran shows either complete ingonorance of world affairs, or downright stupidity. Iran is making nukes, Palin does not believe in abortion. Be real people. I don't like Obama, but I did not pick him in this question.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:21 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
This question was not worded right for the options given. If you hate the likes of Palin, so be it, it is your right as an American, but to choose her over the mad dictator of Iran shows either complete ingonorance of world affairs, or downright stupidity. Iran is making nukes, Palin does not believe in abortion. Be real people. I don't like Obama, but I did not pick him in this question.
Yeah that's why I picked the last option. I think the manner in which we deal with these people is the deciding factor regarding that threat...so for me that goes back to the Prez.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:21 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Just curious why John McCain isn't on this poll. Are we all just assuming now that he will kick the bucket and we'll be left with Palin. I know the guys old and all but I think he can make it another 4 to 8 years. That being said I would still leave my original answer, just curious as to why he was left off.
He is, you just have to read through the liberal hatred to find which unflattering description refers to him.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:23 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,190,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
The "Mad Dictator if Iran" can probably be handled with *thoughtful* diplomacy by accomplished experts in foreign affairs but Ms Palin and her radical views (and those who chose her) could be the downfall of America as we know it. And good-bye to many of the gains made by women..

Old 09-14-2008, 02:52 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
Post Not to hard to figure

I made my decision in accordance to the financial article and review conducted by the non partisan board from the following Universities:

UC Berkeley
Harvard
Yale
Princeton
Wharton School
Northwestern and
The University of Chicago.

Each reviewed the current economic stance of both candidates.

Under Obama, they listed that if elected and his current economic policy, as touted by him is placed in affect by a two thirds Democrat vote in congress, that the United States of America will go through the most rampant move to the left, which our nation has ever seen, however, unlike the years of Johnson (Great Society) or Carter (actually, the bare equal to Obama's theory) the United States, due to monetary and industrial shift, will not be able to outgrow or outfinance the situation.

So, with this I voted Obama to have the biggest threat to America if elected in 2008. Granted, I am not a fan of either. Most pundits state that the election of 2008 is the most important in our lifetime, I state however, that the election of 2008 is the most feared election in my lifetime.

On one hand you have the above, Obama. An untried, inexperienced, most far left liberal in the Senate, a collectivist, and apologist, running for the highest office in the land, with a total bafoon by his side of whom does not even have the respect within his own party due to his foot in mouth syndrome.

On the other hand (I do respect his service as I am a fellow Veteran) you have McCain. An open border life time line stepping senator, which has also voted left of center for tax increases, outsourcing policies, and laws that have brought mass illegal immigration to our shores. A so called Maverick, that has flipped flopped so much he makes Kerry seem, well, settled. To his right he has Governor Palin. A leader of a wonderful and most beautiful state in America, however, one that is a 9 hour plane ride from our government center. Another person without experience in foreign affairs or for that matter domestic issues outside of Alaska. Nothing offensive to Alaska intended as it is my favorite state, but running the executive office in Alaska is a kin to running Maine. The vast majority of America's Mayors deal with more issues on a daily basis than the Governor of Alaska. Besides, if she states God or God's plan in one more sentence..... Well, we have another load of nuts we are fighting today because they feel it's God's plan.....

In closing, I truly think our threat has been growing since January 20, 1988 through present. From the first day of what is now known as the Bush/Clinton Dynasty. New World Order / Open Border Neo-Cons that in 20 years has destroyed our financial base, outsourced our entire manufacturing base due to tax codes and regulations to the Communist we fought for 30 years during the Cold War, to winning a war in Central Asia while losing the culture war at home. Obama and McCain in my humble opinion will just be another addition or just another name to add to the Clinton/Bush Dynasty. Sorry to be so blah! But it's just that damn scary.

Here ends my sermon of today

Old 09-14-2008, 02:55 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
There is no option for "The ignorance of the American people"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections