U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 02:18 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,929,065 times

Advertisements

Oh, yeah, right, sure, just put her on my "ignore" list here, yeah, that'll do the trick. Sorry, don't think you'll be able to "ignore" her for a couple more months, at least, and maybe, just maybe even 50 more months! Yea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 02:18 PM

1,093 posts, read 2,194,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
They don't have to. The Dems keep her in the limelight with all the constant bashing...

Bud
Bud, couldn't have said it any better....now why are the dems bashing her, hum maybe cause she's a breath of "fresh air"...only in america...

Old 09-14-2008, 02:20 PM

14,698 posts, read 16,248,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Many dems have been screeching about this for a while. But obama, his supporters and left-wing blogs have not taken the advice, which has led to a surge in the polls for McCain.

I say...let's encourage them to keep it up.

Obama took the "new guy" media craze and ran with it, propelling him to primary victory.

Sarah is where Obama WAS, just as people are getting tired of looking at Obama and listening to him and his stupid fake southern preacher voice. Only problem for Democrats is that Palin only has to ride the wave for... what? 6 weeks now?

I can't wait for Palin v. Biden. It'll be a repeat of Nixon v. JFK. The old windbag v. the fresh breeze.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:22 PM

3,353 posts, read 1,625,247 times
I dunno...I feel they should attack her credibility every which way. I think ignoring was the philosophy and it's hurting Obama. You don't ignore a bully, you look weak if you do (imperfect analogy as I don't see her as a bully, but just sayin')

Old 09-14-2008, 02:31 PM

7,921 posts, read 4,863,446 times
The problem is that Palin is easy to attack. She has so many skeletons in her closet and many things that are not quite right that she has become a red flag to a bull. It will be hard NOT to bring up her indiscretions but the Dems must try hard not to allow Palin to camouflage the empty policies of McCain. Hillary Clinton did this when Bill was running and it works. Cause a diversion. Palin wil take the attention away from McCains failings. It seems to be working.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:34 PM

34,076 posts, read 11,269,096 times
Who?

But lets talk about the cynical desperation of the McFailed campaign..... how he is appearing more and more like a warm up act; he has gone from being a real concern, to an embarressment; a pathetic empty shell who gave up honor and pride because he would rather lose them both than this election.

If anyone can remember the old movie Blue Angel.....McSame is very much the cucolded professor at the end of the movie....the baffoon in baggy pants warming up the crowd for the woman he gave it all up for. I don't like him but it is sad to see him so humiliated and bereft of everything he once stood for and without a shred of dignity or honor.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:35 PM

12,647 posts, read 9,044,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I dunno...I feel they should attack her credibility every which way. I think ignoring was the philosophy and it's hurting Obama. You don't ignore a bully, you look weak if you do (imperfect analogy as I don't see her as a bully, but just sayin')
Ignoring the Governor doesn't mean you have to ignore the poor Judgment of Senator McCain. Who's he kidding? His judgment is absolutely crushed by this poor choice and he left the door wide open. He doesn't understand what it takes to run the Economy and his poor judgment has been reflected in his first Executive decision - the selection of a Vice President.

Obama/Biden 08

Old 09-14-2008, 02:36 PM

1,493 posts, read 1,421,109 times
Senator Obama needs to keep on the issues and hammer McCain on his lack of "change" in regards to how his administration would be virtually another 4 years of Bush. His surrogates and the media can keep uncovering Palin's skeletons...appears she has quite a few.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:37 PM

2,178 posts, read 1,704,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
To defeat Palin, ignore her

Sunday, September 14th 2008
The Democrats' Palin problem won't be going away any time soon. And it could derail Barack Obama's fight against Republican John McCain - unless Dems summon the discipline to ignore the GOP vice-presidential candidate's celebrity and instead focus like a laser on campaign basics.
Source

There ya have it. Done deal.

She's an enigma. Attacking her only makes her stronger. Doing nothing only makes her stronger. Basically the dems are damned if they do and damned if they don't. The have no counter to Palin. Their best option now is to begin planning for 2012.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:40 PM

14,698 posts, read 16,248,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
She's an enigma. Attacking her only makes her stronger. Doing nothing only makes her stronger. Basically the dems are damned if they do and damned if they don't. The have no counter to Palin. Their best option now is to begin planning for 2012.

Hopefully "Obama's party" will go back to being "The Democrats"... after a few heads roll and there's some major shakeups, of course.

I can't wait for Obama to be relegated to "Kerry" status.

Preferably, McGovern status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections