U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2008, 12:00 PM

12,646 posts, read 13,922,853 times

Advertisements

Senator McCain was interviewed on Bloomberg TV by Peter Cook. Cook posed Ronald Reagan's Carter-killing question to McCain, the self-proclaimed footsoldier in the Reagan revolution. And to be sure, John McCain was proud to declare "that there's been great progress economically" during the Bush presidency.
MR. COOK: I'm going to ask you a version of the Ronald Reagan question. You think if Americans were asked, are you better off today than you were before George Bush took office more than seven years ago, what answer would they give? SEN. MCCAIN: [...] I think if you look at the overall record and millions of jobs have been created, et cetera, et cetera, you could make an argument that there's been great progress economically over that period of time. But that's no comfort. That's no comfort to families now that are facing these tremendous economic challenges.
But let me just add, Peter, the fundamentals of America's economy are strong. We're the greatest exporter, the greatest importer, the greatest innovator, the greatest producer, still the greatest economic engine in the world...
But within 24 hours, John McCain's answer to the "are you better off now" question underwent an extreme make-over. Facing the inescapable twin discomforts of an economy actually in recession and the downside of cozying up to George W. Bush, McCain reversed course in another Bloomberg TV appearance, this time with Al Hunt. As Bloomberg reported Friday, April 18:
John McCain distanced himself from President George W. Bush's economic policies, saying Americans are "hurting badly" and haven't fared well under this administration. "Americans are not better off than they were eight years ago," McCain said in an interview on Bloomberg Television's "Political Capital with Al Hunt," to be aired today.
Source
Senator McCain is the Wrecking ball out teetering economy has been waiting for. He doesn't know if we're better off, then he's convinced we are, then he says he we're in trouble. Can this guy even relate to middle class problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 06:29 AM

Soo...are we better off?

Wonder how the Senator would answer that question now.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:37 AM

5,697 posts, read 5,459,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Soo...are we better off?

Wonder how the Senator would answer that question now.

I am NOT going to place a bet on Obama who is a hack,
on how I was doing 8 years ago.
From the last 2 years with the democrat congress, there is a little clue
as to what is coming, only WORSE if Obama gets his dumb ass in.
Hell no, I will not vote for him!!
Mccain/Palin!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I am NOT going to place a bet on Obama who is a hack,
on how I was doing 8 years ago.
From the last 2 years with the democrat congress, there is a little clue
as to what is coming, only WORSE if Obama gets his dumb ass in.
Hell no, I will not vote for him!!
Mccain/Palin!
The Fundamentals of the Economy are strong, so now Senator McCain can go to the Debate and un-suspend his campaign.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:09 AM

2,257 posts, read 3,520,775 times
Good for McCain having the integrity and courage to adjust his policy positions as new information presents itself

Old 09-26-2008, 11:13 AM

7,730 posts, read 12,717,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Good for McCain having the integrity and courage to adjust his policy positions as new information presents itself

I'll go back to ignoring you now.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:16 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,388,741 times
Quote:
Sure, because the economy tanked within the 24hrs. between those two responses! ROTFL!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:17 AM

14,423 posts, read 26,255,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
So where will his policy position on the economy be tomorrow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or