Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 11:51 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,678,112 times

Advertisements

Who said this has died down, the new Zogby electoral map shows McCain surging in many key states and is only 8 electoral votes behind Obama after being down almost 50 not to long ago. With 78 toss ups in which I think Indiana is a McCain winner myself.

Zogby International (http://www.zogby.com/50state/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 11:55 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,728,874 times
Zogby is a crap poll, they have mccain up 7 points in PA and Obama up in NC.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:04 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,685,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Who said this has died down, the new Zogby electoral map shows McCain surging in many key states and is only 8 electoral votes behind Obama after being down almost 50 not to long ago. With 78 toss ups in which I think Indiana is a McCain winner myself.

I agree with you about Indiana. It will be solid red. But the poll is full of crap. It shows Obama with 6% of the vote in Florida and I know he gets more than that. It also gives Arkansas to McCain even though neither candidate is near 50% and the spread is 3 points. And they better be careful about giving Ohio away so fast too.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:21 AM

654 posts, read 1,207,613 times
Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan.

Whoever wins two out of those three will win the election.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:23 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,199,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post

Obama might need one of those. McCain needs at least two.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:27 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,685,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post

Obama will win Pennsylvania and he will win Michigan. McCain will win Ohio probably. It may actually come down to Colorado and a contest between Boulder and Colorado Springs as Denver metro will probably split 50/50. Of course if Obama can pick up Nevada, that would give him some insurance. Also Arkansas is a possibility. Polls show it close although it is usually red.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:40 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,312,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post

Wow, it appears to change by the hour. You find such movement credible?

I say Obama takes the entire Northeast and New England (including PA), the entire Midwest except for Indiana and Ohio, the West (CA, OR, WA, CO, NM). McCain can have the rest. Guess what? Obama wins.

Toss-up states: VA, GA, OH, FL, NV. Even if these all went for McBush, Obama still wins.

You desperado Regressives can track the daily polls like day-traders if you'd like, but I'd say that McBush hasn't got a prayer.

Conservatives, keep hope alive!

Old 09-14-2008, 01:08 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,582,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Wow, it appears to change by the hour. You find such movement credible?

I say Obama takes the entire Northeast and New England (including PA), the entire Midwest except for Indiana and Ohio, the West (CA, OR, WA, CO, NM). McCain can have the rest. Guess what? Obama wins.

Toss-up states: VA, GA, OH, FL, NV. Even if these all went for McBush, Obama still wins.

You desperado Regressives can track the daily polls like day-traders if you'd like, but I'd say that McBush hasn't got a prayer.

Conservatives, keep hope alive!

"I say Obama takes the entire Northeast and New England" 57 state logic perhaps?

Most would think New England IS part of the northeast!

Old 09-14-2008, 01:24 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,716,043 times
Lightbulb ***

Maybe we should count which states the G.O.P. [Grand Oil Party] has
put Diebold machines in. How many electoral votes will they steal this time ?
When will the Dems do something about it ?

Old 09-14-2008, 01:48 AM

24,481 posts, read 33,175,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Maybe we should count which states the G.O.P. [Grand Oil Party] has
put Diebold machines in. How many electoral votes will they steal this time ?
When will the Dems do something about it ?
The same as last time... none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections