Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 05:20 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,573,229 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking that Obama will squeak out a victory - and that the Republicans will take a pretty bad beating in the Senate and House.

Why am I so optomistic you might ask?

By October, the economy should be tanking pretty well and more and more people will be talking of 'recession'. The only reason things look as good as they do now is due to the tax rebates - but their positive effect is mostly in the August/September numbers. God only knows where gas prices will be - I doubt if they will go below $3/gallon, but they could potentially go a lot higher than they are now -especially if any kind of military action involving Iran were to occur. And food prices will remain high. So average Americans probably won't be feeling too good about their economic situation by election day...

People usually vote their wallets when they go into the voting booth...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 05:22 PM

355 posts, read 988,608 times
I agree most people wouldn't even bother with posting on this forum but they will most definitely vote. But I don't think that it is one side over the other.

Although, I do think there are more libs than conservatives on here. And maybe a few moderates such as myself. And this forum is not going to influence my vote one way or the other.....just as all the celebs aren't going to either.

My husband gets a kick out of me having to post my opinions.....he keeps his to himself.

Anyway, as I do this I'm also working on something else or, as in the case of today, watching football.

And now that I think about it......I guess I would get more accomplished staying off of here. I've had my say. Thanks.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:25 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,237,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
But when I see them I tell them about all the hateful crap that Dems are spewing online. They get the picture, and many folks are turned off by this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
*L* You have got to be kidding. If you want to complain about hateful crap online, then fine. But you don't get to ignore what you and your fellow Republicans spew and have one once of credibility. Try and refrain from hypocrisy at the very least.
Agreed - Yooperkat's post wins the award for the most laughably hypocritical post of the day.

Last edited by fizbin; 09-14-2008 at 05:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections