U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 01:23 PM

8,062 posts, read 16,224,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
And I definitely agree with you here, and if some of the liberals are fleeing this great state for other places I say good, because that means at least one less here.
LOL, just don't send any more of them here to Texas! We've had our fill of 'em! Besides, doesn't it just suck that they're running away from the mess they created to a state like Texas that has an equal number of challenges from illegal immigration but enjoys a state surplus in the BILLIONS to weather the current storms? They really have some nerve!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 01:24 PM

0 posts, read 1,353,222 times
Good!!

Old 10-11-2008, 01:26 PM

3,255 posts, read 4,585,709 times
California was the best place I have ever lived. So if the ideals of Californians are moving to spread sunshine , I am for it!

Old 10-11-2008, 01:28 PM

2,766 posts, read 6,514,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
LOL, just don't send any more of them here to Texas! We've had our fill of 'em! Besides, doesn't it just suck that they're running away from the mess they created to a state like Texas that has an equal number of challenges from illegal immigration but enjoys a state surplus in the BILLIONS to weather the current storms? They really have some nerve!
If anyone moves to Texas or anywhere else simply to build a better life for themselves I say great because that's what America is all about, when it becomes a problem is when people are moving to places like Texas for example and trying to change it to where they came from. And when those people are from California I hope they understand it's not usually the Native Californians, it's liberals that probably came from somewhere else to begin with and tried to change it here too!

I don't think Texas would ever allow itself to become a liberal state though do you? I'm sure many that move there trying to change things find out fast that it won't work and probably move somewhere else.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
California was the best place I have ever lived. So if the ideals of Californians are moving to spread sunshine , I am for it!
So, why don't you move back there and do your bit toward keeping them out of bankruptcy and off the federal dole?

Old 10-11-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
If anyone moves to Texas or anywhere else simply to build a better life for themselves I say great because that's what America is all about, when it becomes a problem is when people are moving to places like Texas for example and trying to change it to where they came from. And when those people are from California I hope they understand it's not usually the Native Californians, it's liberals that probably came from somewhere else to begin with and tried to change it here too!

I don't think Texas would ever allow itself to become a liberal state though do you? I'm sure many that move there trying to change things find out fast that it won't work and probably move somewhere else.
You're right; I moved here from the Rust Belt, myself. But only because it was clear to me that the lib. policies of tax and spend don't work and I was happy to embrace something different! But if you look at the Texas forum, there are a whole bunch of Texans ticked at the influx of Californians who are demanding things and bragging about trying to make the state blue. (As if liberalism worked well in their homeland!)

Old 10-11-2008, 01:42 PM

5,031 posts, read 11,316,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
To some extent this is true, however I see a greater number of liberals (ie Democrats) flooding into places like California and other horribly liberal states, thereby blunting their impact as voters in the more traditional (ie Conservative) states. I see a large number of more conservative Californians, like my self, leaving, even after 40 or 50 years of suffering under the oppressive regimes of San Francisco liberals for more middle of the road/conservative states.
Liberals will continue to flood to the states that they already control. California, Massachusetts are forgone conclusions but other states will gain conservatives as they finally flee the ever increasingly liberal coastal enclaves. The liberals only have a few places to move to that fit the bill as being 'liberal' enough to suit them. San Francisco, Seattle, New York....but conservatives will spread out to any number of other states that are more American, conservative to middle of the road. The conservative vote will be spread out and will tend to count more in the upcoming years particularly in swing-vote states. The liberal vote will be more concentrated in already notoriously liberal areas, and will have less effect in the future. I honestly don't think enough Krazy Khalifornian Lheeebrals will move to any red state in enough numbers to really make a difference. What we are likely to see is blue states becoming more blue....and red states more red.....
Take a look at the Red states [Nebraska\ North Dakota\ Alabama\ Texas] all the places people don't want to live You Republicans are the laughing stock of the nation & will find after this election that the only GOP stronghold with be in the Midwest & South Bible Belts The Great Lakes\ Northeast\ West Coast\ Rockies Mt states are Blue. Maybe we will let you come here for vacations so long as you don't act too much like a yahoo!

Old 10-11-2008, 01:43 PM

0 posts, read 1,353,222 times
I'm so happy us liberal, progressive intellectuals are moving from West Coast/Northeast and spreading our superior knowledge upon the rest of you.

I can't wait until Texas is a solid blue state.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:43 PM

21,148 posts, read 37,487,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
It won't matter where they move. They aren't reproducing, and conservatives are. There are estimates that by 2020, there will be a conservative majority in the country.
Funny: the putative 'Libs' are known for having small (or no) families yet they apparently are taking control of the so-called Neo-Con states. Now; why is that?

Unless many true Conservatives have no respect for the Neo-Cons.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:44 PM

5,031 posts, read 11,316,030 times
Quote:

God, it must be lonely for you in California. Doesn't it bother you when no one you vote for wins? Please leave for Texas or Oklahoma to be with your kind ASAP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or