U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 08:10 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,268,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
He's going to have to try hard to not make her cry.
Why do you say that? Has palin ever cried during a meeting/debate/press conference?
Or do you cry whenever a man looks crosseyed at you? Perhaps you are 'projecting'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 08:13 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,268,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
He is a gaffe machine - agreed. But, given his experience, in a real debate, he can wipe the floor with Palin. It will be like a scientist debating science with a middle school student. But you know - the child will start crying and get the sympathy. I cannot wait to see the furious "spins" after the debate.

Palin will cry? Has she cried before? Let me see the link --- or is that what we call 'sexist' commentary from the obama team?
I mean, you would call it out of bounds if some mccain supporter said 'obama may have to take a watermelon break during his debate with mccain'....see, that would be racist. Sexism/racism has no place in this election. All it really does is show the ______ supporters have nothing and are desperate. I may not be voting for obama, but surely he deserves better supporters than that?

Old 09-15-2008, 08:17 AM

2,156 posts, read 10,062,583 times
If you look back in history, Brits and Europeans in general usually never had a very high opinion about most of our Presidents.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:18 AM

2,857 posts, read 5,978,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
yes big, IF, since Palin has already proven they she keeps her word.
I don't think that she's prove she keeps her word . . . she does keep to her script repeatedly though, even when proven false. I guess there's something to be said for consistency.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:37 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,916,649 times
open to the portal of Biden Lies:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/michael-m-bates/2008/09/14/cnn-downplays-bidens-deceptions

excerpt: "In a heated exchange with a questioner at an April 3 political gathering, Biden claimed that he graduated in the top half of his law school class, received a full academic scholarship, won an international moot court competition, won an award as outstanding political science student and graduated from the University of Delaware with three degrees. In fact Biden graduated 76th in his law school class of 85, had only a half-scholarship based on financial need, was only nominated to be named outstanding political science student and graduated from Delaware with a single B.A. in political science and history. Biden later said that he exaggerates when he is angry."

Old 09-15-2008, 08:41 AM

25,740 posts, read 25,272,423 times
What happened to "Who cares what the rest of the world thinks? This is a U.S. election" and "foreign countries love the weaker candidate because he or she is less of a threat" and blah blah?

Oh yeah. That only applied when it was the Repub candidate who was being criticized.

Forgot! D'oh. (slapping forehead)

Getting scared, eh, Pubs?

Old 09-15-2008, 08:41 AM

4,172 posts, read 5,980,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Palin will cry? Has she cried before? Let me see the link --- or is that what we call 'sexist' commentary from the obama team?
I mean, you would call it out of bounds if some mccain supporter said 'obama may have to take a watermelon break during his debate with mccain'....see, that would be racist. Sexism/racism has no place in this election. All it really does is show the ______ supporters have nothing and are desperate. I may not be voting for obama, but surely he deserves better supporters than that?
OK - should not have said cry (meant it "figuratively" as in "crying inside" or being "**** scared" and not as a sexist comment) - but I stick by "wipe the floor". BTW, I despise the Palinpick, but am not impressed with Obama.

Last edited by calmdude; 09-15-2008 at 08:56 AM..

Old 09-15-2008, 08:49 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,519,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
*Biden tells one audience Hillary is more qualified than he is.

*On another occasion he tells an official in a wheelchair to "Stand up Chuck".

*At a fundraiser for Obama in Houston TX, Biden tells Michelle to "go get me a fork, I dropped mine"

*"Biden launches into a stream-of-consciousness monologue about what his [Senate Foreign Relations] committee should be doing, before he finally admits the obvious: "I'm groping here." Then he hits on an idea: America needs to show the Arab world that we're not bent on its destruction. "Seems to me this would be a good time to send, no strings attached, a check for $200 million to Iran," Biden declares. He surveys the table with raised eyebrows, a How do ya like that? look on his face. The staffers sit in silence. Finally somebody ventures a response: "I think they'd send it back."

*"...during the early stages of the Primary", Joe said: ""Any Democrat who thinks this election is going to be about domestic policy is making a big mistake." Sen. Biden quit the race in January after winning less than 1% of the vote in the Iowa caucuses. THEN, Joe, reeking of alcohol said...."aw, who cares or even believes him or Barry bin Snortin"?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1055768/Bungling-Biden-ruin-Obama-fear-Democrats-tells-disabled-politician-stand-up.html
I don't get why you chose the title to your thread that you did????

Most righties in here repeat forever how America doesn't care what other countries think......

.....until they agree with the righties

How TWO FACED!!!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2008, 08:55 AM

4,172 posts, read 5,980,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I don't get why you chose the title to your thread that you did????
Most righties in here repeat forever how America doesn't care what other countries think......

.....until they agree with the righties

How TWO FACED!!!!!!!!
My guess is that if you do a google on British media (not one newspaper) in general, the headline may change completely. I would guess many more would be anti-Palin.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:06 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,916,649 times
"last summer Biden attempted to endear himself to an Indian American supporter by telling him that in Delaware, “you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.” Joe Biden's just a barrel of gaffes - Los Angeles Times

Joe Biden calls his wife "drop-dead gorgeous" -- and it works, actually! It's what Al Gore was trying to achieve with the cringe-inducing tongue kiss with Tipper back in '00, but Biden pulls it off. You believe him, and it also reinforces his humanity and his manliness, which latter is actually off the charts in this speech. Seriously. There is some testosterone on this stage! But then he goofs up (another doozy) by adding "She also has a doctorate degree, which is a problem." What do you mean, Joe?
Scott Shrake: 10 Obama/Biden Gaffes (So Far)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or