U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 08:05 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,485,841 times

Advertisements

Latest News | Top Stories | News Articles (broken link)

Quote:
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — A New York poll finds Sen. Barack Obama's lead in the state has fallen to five points, down from 18 points in June.
The Siena Research Institute poll has Obama, a Democrat, leading Sen. John McCain 46 to 41 percent among likely voters in the heavily Democratic state. He led 51-33 in the June survey.
Oh dear. I don't think obama can afford to sink money into NY. Do you?

Is this a backlash from Hillary supporters? From VP Palin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 08:12 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,919,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Quote:
The poll released Monday contacted 626 registered voters between Sept. 8 and 10 and has a sampling error margin of plus or minus 3.9 percentage points.
Keep dreaming sanrene, there is no way in hell McCain has a chance in newyork.

RCP Average07/31 - 08/14--53.037.0Obama +16.0

Old 09-15-2008, 08:14 AM

2,868 posts, read 8,616,160 times
Obama is leading by +16...

Old 09-15-2008, 08:24 AM

874 posts, read 1,660,617 times
See I don't understand the statement about people voting McCain because he'd be "stronger on fighting terrorism and enhancing America's strength in the world". What I like best about Obama is that he would help improve our image in the wider world thereby making us less of a target to these extremists. I am and American and I care how we look to the rest of the world. I value the good opinion of our allies and the possibility that we could gain more allies.

Perhaps if we were more well liked we would not have to be stronger and could concentrate on our floundering economy.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:25 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,519,240 times
It's NY. Of course he's leading.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
What I like best about Obama is that he would help improve our image in the wider world thereby making us less of a target to these extremists.
This dangerous mentality is the reason why the dems/libs have not been trusted with FP/NS for DECADES.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:48 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,536,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

This is NY Sanrene so I dont' think the polls are really credible. Most of the people polled on the street can not tell you who the state representives are. They often do not know who the candidates are running for president or that there is even an election. Be afraid, very afraid.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:51 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,536,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
It's NY. Of course he's leading.
I thought he lost some ground. I may be wrong. But again, it is NY which has become a bastion of trash.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:55 AM

690 posts, read 909,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I thought he lost some ground. I may be wrong. But again, it is NY which has become a bastion of trash.
At least I am not from Arizona

Old 09-15-2008, 08:58 AM

Well, since this is the first polls done post-convention and post-Palin ... things might be different now. We shall see.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Is New York in play?

Quote:
internal polling by both Democrats and Republicans show Barack Obama beginning to fade in New York.
Quote:
What happened? The Post credits the selection of Sarah Palin as McCain’s running mate, but the snub of their Senator by Obama for the other position may have created a backlash among New Yorkers. The tax problems of Charlie Rangel may have contributed to the falling fortunes of Democrats, and the Post forgets that this is the first election since Eliot Spitzer’s resignation over his affairs with high-priced hookers. If the Republican brand suffered nationally, the Democratic brand isn’t doing well in New York now, and the reform rhetoric of Obama isn’t convincing voters there.
The haze is beginning to lift from the eyes of the voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or