U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:37 AM

7,380 posts, read 6,713,141 times

Advertisements

I think we need to wait and see if this story is confirmed. As we shouldn't take the NYT's word for anything concerning McCain, we shouldn't take the Post's or any other source's word on this charge, until confirmed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 11:28 AM

17,297 posts, read 25,647,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I think we need to wait and see if this story is confirmed. As we shouldn't take the NYT's word for anything concerning McCain, we shouldn't take the Post's or any other source's word on this charge, until confirmed.
Well, the author names a particular and well known individual as "the source."

Unlike Louise the anonymous waitress, or "sources close to candidate X".... so I hope it can be easily verified.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:35 AM

10,543 posts, read 11,989,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I think that's a fair process.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:38 AM

8,062 posts, read 16,186,770 times
Considering he built his whole campaign on his promise to "bring the troops home," this wouldn't be far-fetched. If progress is made in that area, what's he got left? His promises of nebulous change and a whole bunch of new government programs.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:47 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,521,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Well, the author names a particular and well known individual as "the source."

Unlike Louise the anonymous waitress, or "sources close to candidate X".... so I hope it can be easily verified.
The Iraqi minister of whatchamcallit is named so someone needs to ask him. And if it is found to be true then the DNC needs to kick Obama off the ticket.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:51 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,524,679 times
I wonder when the MSM media will pick it up. It looks like he has violated the Logan act.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:52 AM

25,812 posts, read 39,015,790 times
Quote:
How many soliders lives are worth it to Obama? Obviously, withdrawal plans made BEFORE the election pretty much undercuts yet another reason to vote for Obama (along with a non-existent committment to Universal healthcare, conflicting tax cut plans, FISA flip-flops, and a 180 on campaign finance reform).

OBAMA TRIED TO STALL GIS' IRAQ WITHDRAWAL

WHILE campaigning in public for a speedy withdrawal of US troops from Iraq, Sen. Barack Obama has tried in private to persuade Iraqi leaders to delay an agreement on a draw-down of the American military presence.

According to Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, Obama made his demand for delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July.
[Mod edited]
More:

OBAMA TRIED TO STALL GIS' IRAQ WITHDRAWAL - New York Post

Let's see if this story has legs.
Thanks good article and too bad i have to say that!!! it shows again who Obama really is and how selfish.

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 09-15-2008 at 08:33 PM..

Old 09-15-2008, 11:53 AM

17,297 posts, read 25,647,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I wonder when the MSM media will pick it up. It looks like he has violated the Logan act.
Apparently WaPo ran it, and Fox News too.

Like Rev. Wright, the other Obama networks may be shamed into running the story if it gets enough traction.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:07 PM

12,625 posts, read 18,132,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama insisted that Congress should be involved in negotiations on the status of US troops "

So Obama doesnt even know what the job of "President" entails?
What do you expect. This comes from someone who thinks 18 months of campaigning is enough experience to run our country!

Old 09-15-2008, 12:12 PM

12,625 posts, read 18,132,156 times
Quote:
Apparently WaPo ran it, and Fox News too.

Like Rev. Wright, the other Obama networks may be shamed into running the story if it gets enough traction.
This topped allegations of him talking to the Palin investigators in Alaska.. The real Obama is coming through...

I heard someone talking cannot remember who or what station but they said that someone like Obama can snow the smaller setting and do cover ups with double talk because they are so spread around no fact checkers.

But when you get into a National setting they begin to unravel because it is a larger scale and harder to double talk and get away with it.
I wish I knew who said it they said it more eloquently...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or