U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:32 AM

2,257 posts, read 3,514,085 times

Advertisements

Probably both but they have no shot because they have no money because no one (corporate lobbyists) wants to buy what their selling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 10:41 AM

22,709 posts, read 16,180,953 times
I really don't understand why only the Democrats get blamed for outsourcing.

Carly Fiorina, who spoke at the RNC and is one of Sen. McCain's top financial advisers has been a huge advocate of outsourcing for many years. She was quoted as saying "there is no job that is America's God-given right anymore".

Economists back tech industry's overseas hiring / Workers deny U.S. lacks qualified staff

Wonk Room » FLASHBACK: McCain Adviser Carly Fiorina: ‘There Is No Job That Is America’s God-Given Right Anymore’

I am against outsourcing, but I have to tell you, we are losing the race to other countries because our citizens are just not as educated as they could or should be.

Intellectual pursuits have become something to look down on.
Why do we have to import doctors and nurses from other countries? Because our math and science education is abysmal.
Why do we have to hire multi-lingual workers from other countries? Because Americans refuse to learn a second language.

Our country has adapted to change before and we will again, but, we have to be proactive and make our own opportunities.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:48 AM

7,270 posts, read 13,492,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It's all spin. Outsourcing is a business decision. If we want to adjust its prevalence, we have to police the companies that do the outsourcing. That's up to the gov't to an extent, but it's also up to consumers, NGOs, etc.

The Democrats haven't done enough for labor in the last few decades. However, the Dems being lame on labor doesn't make the Republicans any better. Universal healthcare is good for business and labor. Green technologies are good for business and labor. Increased technical training is good for business and labor.

The Democrats, in spite of their shortcomings, have done more to support unions and defend the above advances than the Republicans have.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:14 AM

Democrats dont get all the blame for outsourcing or the destruction of our manufacturing base due to NAFTA, free trad and global markets. The Republicans are the party in favor of these trade policies because their constituents are the share holders who benefit. In fact Republican politicians have done a remarkable job of representing the people who vote for them by bending their greedy, lying, self serving democratic counterparts over a barrel and giving it to them rough. But the dems, hoars that they are, keep coming and getting it in the backside over and over because people dont really look to see exactly how the politicians they elect vote. And the unions are all on board as they jetison the skilled labor in favor of the illegal restaurant and hotel workers local out in Las Vegas

gnome sane

Old 09-15-2008, 11:16 AM

22,709 posts, read 16,180,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Democrats dont get all the blame for outsourcing or the destruction of our manufacturing base due to NAFTA, free trad and global markets. The Republicans are the party in favor of these trade policies because their constituents are the share holders who benefit. In fact Republican politicians have done a remarkable job of representing the people who vote for them by bending their greedy, lying, self serving democratic counterparts over a barrel and giving it to them rough. But the dems, hoars that they are, keep coming and getting it in the backside over and over because people dont really look to see exactly how the politicians they elect vote. And the unions are all on board as they jetison the skilled labor in favor of the illegal restaurant and hotel workers local out in Las Vegas

gnome sane
Sorry, I'm really not following.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:23 AM

This is a load of crap. I suggest you go to a site called Dice.com and hang in the discussion forum to read exactly how corporate America is totally screwing over the IT worker. This video has been posted around the net and has show up on CNN and FOX just to get you started on this myth that we dont have enough qualified workers. We have plenty of qualified workers with the education and skills to provide labor to the IT industry. Corporations starting with the Bil Gates microsoft lobby would rather import slaves from around the globe that they can pay slave wages and abuse their rights as workers. enjoy

YouTube - programmersguild's Channel

Quote:

Carly Fiorina, who spoke at the RNC and is one of Sen. McCain's top financial advisers has been a huge advocate of outsourcing for many years. She was quoted as saying "there is no job that is America's God-given right anymore".

Economists back tech industry's overseas hiring / Workers deny U.S. lacks qualified staff

Wonk Room » FLASHBACK: McCain Adviser Carly Fiorina: ‘There Is No Job That Is America’s God-Given Right Anymore’

I am against outsourcing, but I have to tell you, we are losing the race to other countries because our citizens are just not as educated as they could or should be.

Intellectual pursuits have become something to look down on.
Why do we have to import doctors and nurses from other countries? Because our math and science education is abysmal.
Why do we have to hire multi-lingual workers from other countries? Because Americans refuse to learn a second language.

Our country has adapted to change before and we will again, but, we have to be proactive and make our own opportunities.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:26 AM

2,868 posts, read 8,618,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Hes giving a speech in Michigan right now, a state I spent the last 25 years working as a Machinist. He has no idea about the problems the state faces or how it got that way. So he rolls out the same old liberal leftist talking point lies he and oabama have been peddling for months trying and get an applause line.

LIAR!!
What?? I thought you stayed at home with your kids for several years and you had a degree in Pyshcology?

I just moved from MI and watched that state deteriorate as Bush sat there and did nothing to help...

Old 09-15-2008, 11:26 AM

OK, we sent democratic politicians to Washington DC to represent us (workers) and protect our jobs. Instead they took favors from lobbyists and were given pork by Republicans to vote with them on trade issues. In doing so they turned their back on the labor vote that put them into office.

Quote:
Sorry, I'm really not following.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:29 AM

Nope, im staying home now with the kids because like you my wife found a really good job out of state. I also have a BA in Business and AAS in Computer networking courtesty of NAFTA retraining. The latter bieng useless as the IT industry is being sent to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
What?? I thought you stayed at home with your kids for several years and you had a degree in Pyshcology?

I just moved from MI and watched that state deteriorate as Bush sat there and did nothing to help...

Old 09-15-2008, 11:31 AM

And dont blame Bush, I was ditched from my job as Clinton stood by and watched. This has been a bipartisan screwing of labor. I expected my Dem representatives to protect my job but instead they got in bed with the repubs and their interests and sent my job to Canada
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or