Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:06 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
This is exactly why I as a Hillary supporter am not voting for Obama.
don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 11:55 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times
Unfortunately many Americans prefer "someone like us" rather than an "elitist" who is bright enough to be well educated by some of the best institutions in the world. Its really sad that some of us care more about who they want to attend a barbeque with than how competent they are to run our country. Personally I want them brighter and more accomplished than me. Sad that others want them as dumb as they are. A fairly new and disturbing dynamic of America's politics..

Old 09-15-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
I especially like the elitist part about the "...spouses who are also highly educated from world renowned Universities and were/are diplomats or involved in high level politics or business..."

Oh and there's a problem with Palin having a small child while holding down an important position? Hello, that shows resourcefulness and ability to multi-task. You make it sound like she's barefoot and toothless.

What a snob you are.

I won't even go point-by-point. Good grief.
A snob? Have you ever been the child of overly ambitious parents who put their jobs ahead of their young children's needs? I think it is despicable how she is away from her newborn and could care less. I'm a feminist, but I also have a young child and cannot imagine treating my sweet baby like she's second fiddle to a job.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:16 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,078 times
pfft. He'll probably grow up to be more independent and well-adjusted, quite frankly.

Good grief, single moms do it all the time (so do single dads - Hello, Biden? Was he selfish? He didn't even have a spouse to help raise his kids, and they had serious issues to deal with as well.)

Get over it. Your sweet baby doesn't have to play second fiddle. People have jobs. You go to your job and then spend every moment you can really enjoying your kids. Oh, and when you're not there, maybe your husband or a sibling can spend some time with him/her.

Oh, and please provide a link to where she said she could care less when she's away from the baby. Thanks!

Old 09-15-2008, 12:18 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I would have more respect for these posters if they would just admit that Sarah Palin is less qualified, less achieved, less experienced, less seasoned, than these other women. Admitting that would not have to affect who they prefer as president.

I am willing to admit that McCain has more experience than Obama. I will still support Obama because I disagree so fundamentally with the direction McCain wants to take this country. Experience is important, but the issues are more important, in my humble opinion.
People are voting for Obama because he is less seasoned, less experienced than most of the politicians that were running for the Dem nomination.

So what is so wrong about having Palin as a candidate? Sounds like pure hypocrisy to me.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:24 PM

877 posts, read 2,077,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
So, who does not belong...
I think you're missing:

"One of the four conspired with her husband to deprive a woman the right to sue her accused rapist in court.

One of the four had a husband who was impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors, being only the second President in history to have that honor." (as an aside, does that mean she was co-impeached?)

Just trying to help.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
pfft. He'll probably grow up to be more independent and well-adjusted, quite frankly.

Good grief, single moms do it all the time (so do single dads - Hello, Biden? Was he selfish? He didn't even have a spouse to help raise his kids, and they had serious issues to deal with as well.)

Get over it. Your sweet baby doesn't have to play second fiddle. People have jobs. You go to your job and then spend every moment you can really enjoying your kids. Oh, and when you're not there, maybe your husband or a sibling can spend some time with him/her.

Oh, and please provide a link to where she said she could care less when she's away from the baby. Thanks!
LOL there's a difference between a 9 to 5 job and a 24-7 job of vice president of the United States of America. Its called ambition at the expense of your children (it goes without saying that as between feeding your child and spending time around them, obviously feeding wins every time). Duh.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:27 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Question: Just what were hillarys qualifications prior to carpetbagging her way to the senate via a state she never lived in (well, until she wanted to run that is)? That she was married to bill? It could be argued that hillary made her way up the political ladder the old fashioned way....married to the right man.
As for thatcher or rice....credit is owed to them. But it is interesting that you, a dem, are lauding them. After all, wasn't the dems who demonized thatcher in the '80s as the devil incarnate? A war mongering biddy who was thisclose to that other warmonger reagan? And Rice? Dear god how the left has demonized her as a female 'uncle tom' and 'houseslave' to bush. Seriously, you take the cake....

But as to your comparisons to palin....the jury is still out. One doesn't have to go to a 'world renowned university' to be intelligent, to be savvy or to be dedicated. Just like attending a world renowned university doesn't ensure intelligence, political savvy or dedication. Ask W

Old 09-15-2008, 12:29 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
LOL there's a difference between a 9 to 5 job and a 24-7 job of vice president of the United States of America. Its called ambition at the expense of your children (it goes without saying that as between feeding your child and spending time around them, obviously feeding wins every time). Duh.
My obgyn is a woman....and she has four kids under five at home. She is on call, and even if shes not should a birth go past 5pm she doesn't leave. So, are you saying my dr should quit and become a public school nurse? Would that be better? Because sarah palin is the only woman in amercia that works a stressful and demanding job? Please

Old 09-15-2008, 12:31 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,431 times
Why can't the father of Sarah Palin's children take over responsibility? Seems to me like the democrats in this country can't get over the fact that women no longer hang out in the kitchen and do laundry all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections