Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 01:07 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Bill Clinton was accused but not charged by Juanita Broaddrick.
She recanted that accusation. We don't know why, but the accusation was recanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 01:11 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
She recanted that accusation. We don't know why, but the accusation was recanted.
Yeah, she went back and forth a few times I believe.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:16 PM

9,361 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Easy, Magaret Thatcher is in a class by herself.

Objectively speaking, Hillary Clinton is a two-time loser: she failed to pass health care reform in the 1990s, she failed to secure the democratic nomination in 2008; NY was gifted to her as a safe seat, she has authored no significant legislation.

Ms Rice is an appointed official, not the same as fighting through the ranks, from the ground up, and being progressively elected to higher office.

In this sense, Mr Obama and Ms Palin have more in common. The jury is still out on both, either one could turn out to be a dud, one of the greats, or just another politician.

I'll bet on number three for both.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:19 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
This attitude really upset me, having been the child of parents who put their own ambitions and interests ahead of mine. Despite the karen in your name, I'm wondering if you are a male?? That would tend to answer why females are generally best situated to care of young children WHEN HUMANLY POSSIBLE. Sorry men, but women generally are much more in-tune and nurturing of a child's feelings and needs, as I have noticed within my own family and countless others.
Oh please. I'm not even going to address this post. It's so chauvinistic that I begin to wonder if in fact YOU might be a man.

And, can you please address the Joe Biden issue? Is he selfish as a single father, for ambitiously having a political career and running for office too?

Thanks!

Old 09-15-2008, 02:27 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
My obgyn is a woman....and she has four kids under five at home. She is on call, and even if shes not should a birth go past 5pm she doesn't leave. So, are you saying my dr should quit and become a public school nurse? Would that be better? Because sarah palin is the only woman in amercia that works a stressful and demanding job? Please
Your question is a rhetorical one. Obviously being away from your kids on odd nights when your patients are giving birth is slightly different than being the vice president of the United States.

Are you seriously suggesting that the job of VP is a 9 to 5 with a few late nights thrown in once in a while? Well maybe that's how Palin would do her job, but that's not how the job should be done.

I ask you this: Why did Palin have a newborn and a 7 year old if she is unwilling to give them the love and attention they deserve? Hello there! We have a such thing as birth control nowadays, we're no longer living in the 1800s here! IMHO, if you want a huge family, perhaps you should sacrifice your ambitions until they are older and more independent.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:44 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,892 times
None on that list belong with Thatcher .

Old 09-15-2008, 02:49 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,724,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
People are voting for Obama because he is less seasoned, less experienced than most of the politicians that were running for the Dem nomination.

So what is so wrong about having Palin as a candidate? Sounds like pure hypocrisy to me.
Where did I say it was wrong to have Palin as a candidate? How is it hypocrital to say that I believe Palin is less experienced than the other women listed, and that Obama is less experienced than McCain? Neither will affect my vote, since the issues are more important to me.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:35 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,773 times
I'd say Condi. She's not white. What do I win?

Oh, were you going for Palin?

Or is it Margaret Thatcher in that she actually was a leader of her country?

Or Hillary who is married to an ExPresident.

Well?

Old 09-15-2008, 03:39 PM

171 posts, read 261,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
This is exactly why I as a Hillary supporter am not voting for Obama. People like you dorado0359 are not helping your cause.
.. and please .. why your are not voting for Obama ..
what is the reason .. why he is black ??

Old 09-15-2008, 03:42 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Simple question, the outsider is Hilldabeast Clinton. she and her slimeball husband should both be in jail, not out walking amoungst the decent people of the world...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections