U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-15-2008, 02:37 PM
 
5,527 posts, read 8,952,911 times
Reputation: 1860

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
I have become very disappointed at the tone of this election and the fact of the matter is that there are deep issues that is driving it. Issues that America doesn't want to face up to.

I mean it has gotten so bad that Karl Rove has admitted to it, and he is the king of swift voting politics. I mean I thought that we were moving towards something better, but the nasty and dishonest attacks are so disappointing, borderline embarrassing!

There are such deep divisions in America right now, and it is very disheartening. If we don't come together we will never make any more progress!

The video below shows our course and hopefully can invoke the American people to THINK and THINK HARD about WHO WE ARE and what choice we have as far as making progress and bringing real change! We are a great people, but you wouldn't know it these days.

It is time to unite NOW!
YouTube - YES WE CAN Barack Obama Change Sequenced Images
You lost all credibility when you unveiled you were an Obama supporter. If you were truly for progress then you would be in favor of removing the two party system, allowing Independents and non "good ole boys" the opportunity to debate during primaries and elections (see Ron Paul) and you would realize that both Mccain and Obama are bums who will not be able to handle what they are going to inherit.

True progress in not just changing the color of a candidates skin but the basis and structure in which our country's decisions are made. The one constant that has kept this country divided when it comes to government is Democrat and Republican. BLack or white they have the same views when it comes to party and with the bickering across the isles, the amendments added to bills and the BS that goes on in every congress, regardless of is leading it......the American people are the ones to suffer.

Neither candidate is what this country needs. To be settling for anything less that greatness is a failure caused by ourselves. Not just these fools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-15-2008, 02:39 PM
 
11,327 posts, read 5,927,532 times
Reputation: 3544
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
You lost all credibility when you unveiled you were an Obama supporter. If you were truly for progress then you would be in favor of removing the two party system, allowing Independents and non "good ole boys" the opportunity to debate during primaries and elections (see Ron Paul) and you would realize that both Mccain and Obama are bums who will not be able to handle what they are going to inherit.

True progress in not just changing the color of a candidates skin but the basis and structure in which our country's decisions are made. The one constant that has kept this country divided when it comes to government is Democrat and Republican. BLack or white they have the same views when it comes to party and with the bickering across the isles, the amendments added to bills and the BS that goes on in every congress, regardless of is leading it......the American people are the ones to suffer.

Neither candidate is what this country needs. To be settling for anything less that greatness is a failure caused by ourselves. Not just these fools.

Well said! Couldnt give you more rep pts today though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
973 posts, read 1,990,485 times
Reputation: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
But it isn't false hope. Look at all that we have been through, at least Senator Obama has a VISION for us. He wants to cut taxes for 95% of the people, give affordable health care for all who need it. He has his HEART in the right place for one, and he has a vision. I don't know, I have faith in him.

I was a Hillary supporter, but as I got to know more about him and what he wants for us, he is where this country is going. Even when I look at the diverse crowd at the DNC compared to the Republican crowd, I mean the DNC crowd looked more like todays America in my opinion.
Vision & Heart doesn't guarantee logical decisions. The 95% tax cut is a falsehood. Go to factcheck.org and see for yourself. How is Obama going to increase jobs when he's going to increase corporate taxes on business & capital gaines? It's a historical fact that increased business taxes = higher unemployment, especially with an already unstable economy. Don't you see he's trying to BUY your vote?

The "affordable" healthcare solution he proposes will only lead to another version of Social Security.. and we see how badly that's working. Trying to compare the crowds at the conventions is ridiculous. Compared to others, Minnesota isn't exactly a diverse state to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 02:40 PM
 
5,527 posts, read 8,952,911 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Well said! Couldnt give you more rep pts today though.
Money will work instead........504 pt loss in the market today and I am sure more to come
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 02:42 PM
 
11,327 posts, read 5,927,532 times
Reputation: 3544
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Money will work instead........504 pt loss in the market today and I am sure more to come
Well if you want money worth something, I can assume I shouldn't pay you in US $.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 02:46 PM
 
5,527 posts, read 8,952,911 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Well if you want money worth something, I can assume I shouldn't pay you in US $.
I would return the dollar. Euros will work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,646 posts, read 13,894,201 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfjtm View Post
It's a historical fact that increased business taxes = higher unemployment, especially with an already unstable economy. Don't you see he's trying to BUY your vote?
Interesting.

As for Taxes here's what Factcheck and Tax Policy Center said.

"Obama said: “I will cut taxes ... for 95 percent of all working families.” And he said McCain proposes “not one penny of tax relief to more than 100 million Americans,” a claim his running mate, Joe Biden, made the night before.

Obama is right about his plan's effect on working families. More broadly, though, the plan cuts taxes for 81.3 percent of all households in 2009, according to the Tax Policy Center. The TPC also says McCain’s tax plan would leave 65.8 million households without a cut, not 100 million.

The TPC’s calculations factor in what's in effect a hidden tax on individuals that results from taxing corporations. McCain proposes to lower the corporate income tax rate, and Obama proposes billions of dollars in increased corporate taxes in the form of “loophole closings.” Individuals wouldn’t experience those changes as an increased tax bill from the government, but both the Congressional Budget Office and TPC allocate all corporate tax to owners of capital rather than to consumers. That means rather than flowing through to consumers in the form of higher prices or lower wages, corporate tax changes would show up as higher or lower returns on investments, which typically come in the form of corporate dividends, and profits or losses from stock sales.

Only by ignoring the hidden benefit to individuals can McCain’s plan be said to produce no cut for 100 million households. According to a calculation the TPC did at FactCheck's request, 101.9 million see no benefit if the effects of a corporate reduction are set aside.

For the record, Obama aides say the indirect effect on holders of capital won't be as large as TPC says. "We dispute TPC's methodology here," says Brian Deese of the Obama campaign. He says several of the "loophole closers" that Obama is proposing won't affect corporations or are on offshore activity that will not directly filter through."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:38 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top