U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 06:08 PM

5,137 posts, read 15,318,836 times

Advertisements

Hmmmm do you really want to start that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
How old are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Uh...read my post again. I didn't say "all," either.

Sigh. Just another hysterical "Mommy! They stole my candidate's lunch money and beat him up on the playground" post.

And I gotta say. It's really not THAT hard to make McCain look terrible in the first place. The trick is in making him look good. She just didn't bother to try (for the cover) and had some of her own personal ill fun (with the photo she used for her site).

There are a bajillion pictures of Obama with a towel on his head or a cig butt hanging out of his mouth floating around the internet...so pull up your big girl panties and get on with things, that's life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 07:30 PM

4,968 posts, read 7,300,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Clearly McCain picked Palin because she was the most qualified to serve. Isn't McCain's campaign slogan America First? He would never try to manipulate voters by picking someone based on their gender. He would have to think the electorate was really stupid.
Well, he does.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:33 PM

4,729 posts, read 8,612,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Clearly McCain picked Palin because she was the most qualified to serve. Isn't McCain's campaign slogan America First? He would never try to manipulate voters by picking someone based on their gender. He would have to think the electorate was really stupid.
OK, I am really trying to determine if you're being sarcastic here

Old 09-15-2008, 08:49 PM

8,240 posts, read 15,222,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Wow you rephrased the title of your thread.

Nice

I'm waiting for Obama's qualifications since you state that Palin has none lol

YouTube - Jeopardy Theme song played on a pipe organ
This thread isn't about Obama's qualifications or Palin's. It's about McCain and why he chose Palin. I question McCain's judgement in choosing someone as his 'partner' who only adds youth and cuteness to his ticket. I think it's a terrible indicator of his judgement. I might have thought more seriously about voting for him if he had chosen someone with a long track record, a history of smaller government or business experience. Here's an example of a Republican woman who has paid her dues and whose selection I would have supported. Olympia Snowe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-15-2008, 09:14 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,519,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
This thread isn't about Obama's qualifications or Palin's. It's about McCain and why he chose Palin. I question McCain's judgement in choosing someone as his 'partner' who only adds youth and cuteness to his ticket. I think it's a terrible indicator of his judgement. I might have thought more seriously about voting for him if he had chosen someone with a long track record, a history of smaller government or business experience. Here's an example of a Republican woman who has paid her dues and whose selection I would have supported. Olympia Snowe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I agree and I 'm for Obama. If Snowe had been selected I would've at least had respect for the choice. I would've had hope even if Obama lost.
Thanks for the link.
Snowe has sponsored a bill to help breast cancer patients spend more than 48 hours in the hospital after surgery. A Democrat had originally presented the bill but it's been years since it was first introduced and I don't know why but now Snowe is, or has been, pushing for it.
She's very attractive but is too old to earn the lust of voting males so she was rejected.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:48 PM

4,968 posts, read 7,300,575 times
Excellent post above, it's too bad that McCain chose someone, with winning the election in mind, not someone who is qualified to possibly run the country and be the president of the senate. The looks thing was made to play to the redneck dummies who want to be spanked by her. Snowe and Collins were two republican women that would have given a GOP ticket I could at least respect. This ticket is worse than Bush and Cheney, and Palin is 90% of the reason why.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:56 PM

481 posts, read 697,797 times
I sometimes suspect that Sarah Palin IS a man...in drag.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:03 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,519,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Excellent post above, it's too bad that McCain chose someone, with winning the election in mind, not someone who is qualified to possibly run the country and be the president of the senate. The looks thing was made to play to the redneck dummies who want to be spanked by her. Snowe and Collins were two republican women that would have given a GOP ticket I could at least respect. This ticket is worse than Bush and Cheney, and Palin is 90% of the reason why.
""""The looks thing was made to play to the redneck dummies who want to be spanked by her.""""

...isn't Rovy a genius??? Ugly and evil but a genius...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or