Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 05:37 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
The last thing Barack Obama can do is become the angry black man. America can relate to Will Smith, Tiger Woods and Colin Powell. But there is an "angry line" out there that Obama can not cross - and he knows it. Cross that line and he becomes Chris Rock, Jesse Jackson, or heaven forbid, Malcolm X. He has to toe the line that MLK did - criticism with class and dignity, and a healthy dose of indignation. But not anger. If he hits back too hard, I'm afraid a lot of Americans will get scared and go McCain, or not vote at all. If he hits back too hard, Barack Obama becomes the angry black man - and many Americans will cross the street when they see him walking their way.
This is why you no longer see Michelle Obama on the campaign trail. She is an angry black woman and her bitterness was hurting the campaign. Michelle has been relegated to the staying "home with the kids". The unfortunate part in all this, should Obama win, Michelle's anger, bitterness and hate toward America will come back full force once in the White House.

But again, this election has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with Obama's lack of experience as well as he and his wife's anti-Amercian views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 05:45 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,990 times
Obama is hitting back. He claimed he has been doing so for a few days now. This is as hard as he hits. Get used to it.

The world sees this and is laughing at him.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I am a deeply disappointed and very angry White man. I am angry with the White men that have sold us out to the speculating greed heads and gotten us into useless wars. I am angry with the White men that destroyed the value of our money. I am angry with White men that have abandoned our injured Vererans.

I am a very angry White man and I am voting for a Black man for president because I see where generations of White men have taken us.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 09-16-2008, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am a deeply disappointed and very angry White man. I am angry with the White men that have sold us out to the speculating greed heads and gotten us into useless wars. I am angry with the White men that destroyed the value of our money. I am angry with White men that have abandoned our injured Vererans.

I am a very angry White man and I am voting for a Black man for president because I see where generations of White men have taken us.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
GregW

No disrespect intended. Really! Are you saying you are voting ANTI WHITE?

Old 09-16-2008, 06:02 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Why would Obama risk the reputation hit he might take for slinging mud when he has willing and complicit accomplices: ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, PBS, CNN, etc.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Why would Obama risk the reputation hit he might take for slinging mud when he has willing and complicit accomplices: ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, PBS, CNN, etc.
I suppose he could just take clips out of their "reports" and run them as attack ads like that pitiful one the other day with all the quotes from newspapers calling McCain names.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:06 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Obama is hitting back. He claimed he has been doing so for a few days now. This is as hard as he hits. Get used to it.

The world sees this and is laughing at him.
Uh, the world has been laughing at "US" for awhile now. It's not a news flash, they will give up on us if we pick another Bush, thats a fact. We won't be able to buy peanuts with our dollar nor travel anywhere abroad without getting a face full of "Americans are stupid" comments.

If we don't make a change at this point, and make the same mistake for a third time, we will deserve it!

P.S. At least he doesn't have a woman fighting for him. ha he ha he McCain looks like a wimp compared to that gun slinging girl. He better just stay in that back seat and enjoy the ride.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:10 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Well don't look now but Dems are finally realizing they were playing a suckers game with the GOP.

TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | Top Democrats Privately Urging Major Donors To Fund Outside Groups To Attack McCain

They'll start hammering the GOP with 527 ads from now till November as they should have done long ago.

This playing nice with these jerks was stupid. Americans respect a party that will fight back.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:13 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Obama lets his thug surrogates get "down and dirty."

He has to remain "clean," you know. For Joe Biden's sake.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Well don't look now but Dems are finally realizing they were playing a suckers game with the GOP.

TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | Top Democrats Privately Urging Major Donors To Fund Outside Groups To Attack McCain

They'll start hammering the GOP with 527 ads from now till November as they should have done long ago.

This playing nice with these jerks was stupid. Americans respect a party that will fight back.
Playing NICE?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections