U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:13 PM

14,763 posts, read 31,184,527 times

Advertisements

This doesn't surprise me at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 09:44 AM

500 posts, read 635,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Must be so if it says so on freep.com....now where's my copy of the Weekly World News?
Detroit Free press is a well respected newspaper. The ACORN and Obama issue is huge, and must be dealt with ASAP.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:56 AM

13,180 posts, read 13,052,754 times
This is about the lamest thread I've seen so far.

Every year GOP claims voter fraud.

Alberto Gonzalez (Since resigned in shame) had every GOP State Attorney General in the Country going after this fantasy crime and they had no convictions. Not a single instance where they found any large scale fraud.

It's an GOP urban legend.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
This doesn't surprise me at all.
Of course it doesn't. You make up your mind without knowledge. Without the facts.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:59 AM

12,625 posts, read 18,130,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Hmmm, Michigan, Ohio, Colorado and Missouri are key battleground states. I'm sure it's not a coincidence that the fraud has been ongoing there.
In the Gore race the same thing was happening and that is why he was so shocked he lost.
There were people telling me that Mi voters were voting there and in Fl too.
I don't think they ever sorted it out does anyone know. There needs to be a National database that tags duplicate names no matter the state.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:01 AM

8,062 posts, read 16,185,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
This is about the lames thread I've seen so far.

Every year GOP claims voter fraud. Alberto Gonzalez (Since resigned in shame) had every GOP State Attorney General in the Country going after this fantasy crime and they no convictions. Not a single instance where they found any large scale fraud.

It's an GOP urban legend.
You apparently didn't read the list I provided of ACORN people convicted of fraud. This is a big problem.

And you must have missed the NYT expose on the group and the million dollar embezzlement, too. Urban legend? You wish.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:02 AM

Oh here's some silly GOPers doing a little voter registration fraud.

Voter Fraud Charges Out West, GOP Group Under Investigation In Oregon; Similar Charges In Nevada - CBS News

LOL

Old 09-16-2008, 10:07 AM

8,062 posts, read 16,185,651 times
Quote:
Operating in at least 38 states (as well as Canada and Mexico), Acorn pushes a highly partisan agenda, and its organizers are best understood as shock troops for the AFL-CIO and even the Democratic Party. As part of the Fannie Mae reform bill, House Democrats pushed an "affordable housing trust fund" designed to use Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac profits to subsidize Acorn, among other groups. A version of this trust fund actually passed the Republican House and will surely be on the agenda again next year.
And even the Dems are concerned:

Quote:
Acorn and its affiliates have pulled some real stunts in recent years. In Ohio in 2004, a worker for one affiliate was given crack cocaine in exchange for fraudulent registrations that included underage voters, dead voters and pillars of the community named Mary Poppins, Dick Tracy and Jive Turkey. During a Congressional hearing in Ohio in the aftermath of the 2004 election, officials from several counties in the state explained Acorn's practice of dumping thousands of registration forms in their lap on the submission deadline, even though the forms had been collected months earlier.

"You have to wonder what's the point of that, if not to overwhelm the system and get phony registrations on the voter rolls," says Thor Hearne of the American Center for Voting Rights, who also testified at the hearing. "These were Democratic officials saying that they felt their election system in Ohio was under assault by these kinds of efforts to game the system."
Featured Article - WSJ.com

Old 09-16-2008, 10:07 AM

Oh look some Vegas GOPers are gettin in on the voter fraud action as well.

Las Vegas Now | Investigation into Trashed Voter Registrations

Old 09-16-2008, 10:10 AM

3,022 posts, read 4,512,452 times
I would like to know if the new registerd dem voters (which Im part of) mostly registered in states that are normally won by dems anyway, or did we turn some red states pink. I don't care about the polls, please don't give me poll numbers. I want to know new voter registration numbers by state. I cant google this for some reason. Also is there a chance if anybody knows the demographics of the new voters. This is important because young voters have historically not voted in the general election. Older voters from 40-90 determine elections.

This is very important to me because if I feel the republicans are going to take over again, I need to start buying precious metals for trade, and need some bars around my windows from when the country falls in chaos.

I really believe if its close, they win. They will cheat, and so will we, but they are much better at it.

If we are not winning the swing states by 5 or more points each, they will steal it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or