Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 08:49 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
It really frosts you feminists she chose not to abort her baby when she found out he had downs syndrome. Just admit it. In your eyes she's not a woman unless she's killed at least one baby.
They allow post like this on these boards??? Sheesh there's something wrong with this picture,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 09:00 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,130 times
The woman is hardly an "expert" at ANYTHING. When she speaks, I just cringe, because what she says is so dumb. She's just out of touch with America in the 21st century.

I like having a President or VP to be smarter than I am.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:47 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Sorry if it sounded as if I went off-topic. The reason I mentioned that she flew in that condition was only to point out the lack of sound judgment. This isn't a rumor at all. I even defended her right to choose (notice the c word?) but questioned her ability to do what was right rather than what was in her best interest. The comment about women killing babies doesn't belong on any board. Women who are pro-choice are often anti-abortion. I don't like watching violent movies, but I don't want the government telling me I can't watch them. There are thousands of books I probably would find offensive, but I don't want them banned.

Regarding energy - I guess one reason I mentioned another issue is because McCain's statements about Palin are too foolish to take seriously. Al Gore won a Nobel Peace Prize and she has repeatedly denied that global warming is a problem. She has a BA in Journalism and there are scientists at M.I.T. who have PhDs and All of a sudden she revises her position? This was the reason she was chosen. Most people do not have the time or will bother researching her background. There are numerous quotes in Alaskan newspapers and business journals that contradict many things she said in her speech and her interview. Now McCain is revising his statement to mean any of the 4 candidates. That's not what he said, just like when he said she never took earmarks as governor or sold a plane on eBay for a profit. He just doesn't seem to know much about his running mate, does he?

John McCain said in a speech this week that the fundamentals of our economy are sound. Tell that to the 25,000 people at Lehman Brothers.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:14 AM

1,240 posts, read 2,238,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Sorry if it sounded as if I went off-topic. The reason I mentioned that she flew in that condition was only to point out the lack of sound judgment. This isn't a rumor at all. I even defended her right to choose (notice the c word?) but questioned her ability to do what was right rather than what was in her best interest. The comment about women killing babies doesn't belong on any board. Women who are pro-choice are often anti-abortion. I don't like watching violent movies, but I don't want the government telling me I can't watch them. There are thousands of books I probably would find offensive, but I don't want them banned.

Regarding energy - I guess one reason I mentioned another issue is because McCain's statements about Palin are too foolish to take seriously. Al Gore won a Nobel Peace Prize and she has repeatedly denied that global warming is a problem. She has a BA in Journalism and there are scientists at M.I.T. who have PhDs and All of a sudden she revises her position? This was the reason she was chosen. Most people do not have the time or will bother researching her background. There are numerous quotes in Alaskan newspapers and business journals that contradict many things she said in her speech and her interview. Now McCain is revising his statement to mean any of the 4 candidates. That's not what he said, just like when he said she never took earmarks as governor or sold a plane on eBay for a profit. He just doesn't seem to know much about his running mate, does he?

John McCain said in a speech this week that the fundamentals of our economy are sound. Tell that to the 25,000 people at Lehman Brothers.

Another good post. Everyone from both sides should read this persons posts on all the threads. No mud slinging, no name calling, just thoughtful, reasonable opinion.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:30 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I like having a President or VP to be smarter than I am.
But many people don't think this way. They want someone they can "relate" to and lets them know that it's okay to be ordinary. That is what the anti-elitist movement (if there is one) is all about. Funny, because the Bush family is very wealthy and elitist and I can't see them partying with the Palins. I doubt if, in the real world, when the Bush twins were in high school they'd ever associate with Palin's daughter. Imagine seeing a picture of Barbara or Laura Bush skinning a deer? Yet the people who supported Bush41 and Bush43 are the same people who call Obama a snob.

I probably shouldn't have brought up Palin's family. It's hard not to when discussing issues, but I don't think they should be victims. I was only saying that, if Todd & Sarah get into the White House, their family will be representing the United States, not only to its citizens, but to the rest of the world. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they would be the most uneducated couple in recent history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections