Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 07:48 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times

Advertisements

Here's a photo of McCain about to celebrate his 70th birthday aboard a multi-million dollar yacht in the Aegean sea owned by a convicted felon along with his Hollywood actress girlfriend.

Picture This: John McCain Visits Criminal's Yacht

Long story short, John McCain who hates lobbyists and celebrities decided to spend his seventieth birthday partying on a yacht off the shore of Montenegro with an Italian con man and his movie star girlfriend, a meeting organized by a lobbyist who also happens to be McCain’s campaign manager.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 07:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Apparently you don't understand the word fundraiser.
Actually I do.. But I do understand the difference between fundraiser, and ELITE fundraiser..

Difference, you could actually afford to go to a fundraiser, (i.e. about $2500 per plate for a candidate, $5,000 per plate for president), but it seems you fail to understand the difference between $2500 for the average presidential candidate and the $28,500 Obama is getting

Old 09-16-2008, 07:50 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,116,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
You have to look at Senator Obama's personal life. He has worked as a public servant even though it doesn't pay as much money as a job at a high-profile law firm would...he cares about the average person. He didn't even make enough money to pay off his student loans until he wrote his books. He seems to live his life like a "regular" person to me.
No, but he earmarked funds to the hospital where his wife sat, and subsequently "brought home the bacon".

Get real.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:51 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,445,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama is having a fundraiser in CA today, the price per PLATE $28,500.. Ahh, yes, nice to see how Obama is just like one of us, out for the little guy... Wait, wouldnt he be eating at McDonalds to prove he's "one of us"..?
Sooo, if he held a fundraiser at McDonalds, Obama would be "one of us"? Interesting logic. Have you thought of being a Republican candidate for office? And promise to hold fundraisers at McDonalds so everyone would know you're "one of us"?

If he can get $28,500 a plate for a fundraiser (and the purpose of a fundraiser, as I'm sure you've figured out, is to raise funds), in this economy, even in California, then more power to him.

OTOH, McCain - when not accompanied by the former beauty queen (no, not his wife, his running "mate") - can't fill up a room when it's free!

1,490 posts, read 2,251,744 times
Quote:
Actually I do.. But I do understand the difference between fundraiser, and ELITE fundraiser..

Difference, you could actually afford to go to a fundraiser, (i.e. about $2500 per plate for a candidate, $5,000 per plate for president), but it seems you fail to understand the difference between $2500 for the average presidential candidate and the $28,500 Obama is getting
A big chunk of Senator Obama's fundraising has been from small donors.

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Here's a photo of McCain about to celebrate his 70th birthday aboard a multi-million dollar yacht in the Aegean sea owned by a convicted felon along with his Hollywood actress girlfriend.

Picture This: John McCain Visits Criminal's Yacht
Blah blah blah blah blah..

off topic

1,577 posts, read 2,660,308 times
Quote:
That would be $2300 per plate for McCain, not anything close to the $28,500 for Obama..
How do you figure that? The web link clearly states that the dinner is $33,100 per person/couple. Did you page down to the bottom to see the breakdown?

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
Quote:
Obama is having a fundraiser in CA today, the price per PLATE $28,500.. Ahh, yes, nice to see how Obama is just like one of us, out for the little guy... Wait, wouldnt he be eating at McDonalds to prove he's "one of us"..?

I cant wait to hear all of the struggling Democratic posters here defend this..
Is this really the best you can do? Shouldn't you have some basic knowledge of how every single politician at the national level does this, including McCain?

I sure hope that there is a way to retract posts, because this really, really makes you look dumb.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:52 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times
Default The truth about Obama...

You mean Obama REALLY IS an Elitist ??
Harvard must have taught him that.

Let's see, facts are that his dad and grandmother are both Muslim.
The church he left in Chicago is outspoken about their anti-American, anti-white and even had a ceremony to recognize the achievements of a somewhat radical, Muslim "minister"....
So, he REALLY IS a Muslim sympathizer.

Those are two facts that can't be disputed... any others???

Old 09-16-2008, 07:53 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
lol, you can only imagine how many "benefits" he got for his earmark pork spending of $97 million. he is really in touch, with the black militia and Muslims. he is a radical with growing pockets.
I would take a closer look at all the pork the Arizona delegation takes home. Just because one of the Senators does not fight for it, does not mean he fought against it. Looks to be in the hundreds of millions, 78 million for Phoenix alone. Kids Voting USA Non-Profit$248,000 in Tempe among others. Last time I looked in Arizona, no kids were voting! This is why the earmark cry is nonsense, and it is the military budget, the Social Security Budget and the budget for running the governement agencies that is using up all the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections