Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 04:49 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,591,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
The nifty scroll down feature computers have these days is your friend.

Yes. Obama's newly designed campaign plane features the campaign's logo on the tail. However, an image of the U.S. flag appears on the side of the plane.

Imagine that. The flag issue you were maligning him for is proved to be a non issue just a little further down the very link you provided. Or are you now regulating how big it has to be and where? The flag on his plane also appears in the snopes link you provided.
The real question then is why do the candidates only have one flag on each of their their planes? And even if they have two flags each, then why not three? Actually why aren't the planes covered in flags? What are the candidates ashamed of? Why do they hate America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 04:53 PM

571 posts, read 851,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
the real question then is why do the candidates only have one flag on the their planes? And even if they have two flags each, then why not three? Actually why aren't the planes covered in flags? What are the candidates ashamed of? Why do they hate america?
damnit i demand more flags when they go out to speak i want thier body painted as the american flag, there damn car better be a gaint flag, and there favorite aminal needs to be ther american eagle not those damn ****ing puppys **** puppys!!! We need more flags now!!!!!!!! we must have more flags!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2008, 09:07 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,416,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post
damnit i demand more flags when they go out to speak i want thier body painted as the american flag, there damn car better be a gaint flag, and there favorite aminal needs to be ther american eagle not those damn ****ing puppys **** puppys!!! We need more flags now!!!!!!!! we must have more flags!!!!!!
That is alright it is just another anti-American thing to hurt Obama.
I am beginning to think he is his own worst enemy!

Old 09-17-2008, 07:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,808,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
That is alright it is just another anti-American thing to hurt Obama.
I am beginning to think he is his own worst enemy!
Miborn, you need to think this through. Registered trademarks exist as identifiers. You can be sued for using someone's registered trademark without their permission. Airlines fly people of all political persuasions. They don't necessarily want to be identified with one particular candidate. Airport personnel visually rely on the different airlines having different trademarks. If Obama had continued using the airline's logo/trademark, it would have caused problems for all involved. Obama still has an American flag painted on the fuselage. Where is the flag painted on McCain's campaign jet----oh, in almost the exact same spot as the one painted on Obama's jet. What is your problem, Miborn? You've decided that Obama is unpatriotic, so you go looking for proof of it, but when that proof is discredited, do you graciously acknowledge that you've got to keep on searching? No, you insist that you are right when ALL the evidence says you are wrong.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:26 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,416,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No, Miborn, the plane had a company logo on its tail.
That company logo made use of the American flag. Since it was not Obama's official campaign plane, he painted the plane to reflect that.
He may have even been legally obligated to remove the company's logo to avoid any possible confusion at airports.
I believe it is the same flag as the one that was on Obamas plane before he took it off for his O..........

And Obama primarily used the Boeing 757 as campaign plane.... on snopes...

This plane is the Bush/Chaney campaign plane!pictured and it has the flag on the tail.... Hmmmmmm

So than let me ask why could they use the companys logo?

I don't think you know what you are talking about.....

Last edited by Miborn; 10-16-2008 at 11:05 AM..

Old 09-18-2008, 07:54 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,808,044 times
Go back to your first post, click on your link, and READ it.

As for Bush/Cheney's campaign plane, do more research to see their campaign logo. Oh my god, it's a stylized American flag, the one they had painted on the tail of their plane!

Old 09-18-2008, 10:17 AM

438 posts, read 963,739 times
i wipe my mouth with the american flag and there ain't a god damn thing anyone can do about it

Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,275,194 times
I would care more about what is happening to our country than what is happening to our flag.

Old 10-19-2008, 12:01 AM

17 posts, read 37,168 times
FactCheck.org: Did Obama replace the U.S. flag on the tail of his campaign plane with his campaign symbol? (http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_obama_replace_the_us_flag_on.html - broken link)

i would care more about american people who are in iraq and iran dying than a flag.

Miborn. if you do insist HOW many American Flags do you think Obama and McCain Needs for both their airplanes?

Old 10-19-2008, 12:05 AM

9,327 posts, read 21,978,100 times
sad these threads don't talk much about issues.. just hysteria..
reflects who's campaign?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections