U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-17-2008, 03:08 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,061,386 times
Reputation: 18436

Advertisements

Seems as though McCain kicked Fiorina under the bus, so while in the process of stating her party prepared statements, she let the TRUTH slip out. McCain-Palin can't cut it. This is MAJOR! She has been a major supporter of the campaign and she essentially stated that these two nuts couldn't run a company, not to mention a country. How are you Regressive desperados going to explain this away? One of your own fesses up.

She also stated the party-line, that unqualified Palin has more executive experience than Obama without realizing that Obama beat the frontrunner and wife of a former 2-term President to take the nomination in very well-run excessively drawn out marathon campaign...certainly an example of "executive" experience.

Advantage: Obama

Fiorina: Palin Doesn't Have Experience To Run A Major Company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-17-2008, 03:54 AM
 
Location: At my computador
2,057 posts, read 3,033,397 times
Reputation: 510
Of course they can't; they're politicians, not businesspeople.

What you wackos don't get is that no politician can run a company, so they should try to minimize their laws that impose on something they know little to nothing about. I choose Reps because I know it's more likely that they'll mind their own business. If a Dem gets into office, even though they don't know crap, they try sticking their hands in the cookie jar with no real regard for consequences.

You're preaching to the choir... I just wish it meant more to you than a petty criticism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2008, 04:42 AM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,920,913 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Of course they can't; they're politicians, not businesspeople.

What you wackos don't get is that no politician can run a company,
So Mitt Romney can't run a company? Michael Bloomberg can't? Herb Kohl can't? Hmm, you should call them and let them know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
so they should try to minimize their laws that impose on something they know little to nothing about. I choose Reps because I know it's more likely that they'll mind their own business.
"Mind their own business," yes indeed: deregulated, opaque and at your expense. So, how much did you and your kids set aside to bail out Fannie and Freddie, which surely you saw coming? Will it be more than you paid to bail out the S&Ls in the 80s and 90s? Or havent you cared enough to calculate that?

Bet you wish your Social Security money had been invested in Fannie Mae or in Lehman Bros.

"Minding their own business" brings us right up to date (http://robertreich.blogspot.com/2008/09/why-wall-street-is-melting-down-and.html - broken link).
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
If a Dem gets into office, even though they don't know crap, they try sticking their hands in the cookie jar with no real regard for consequences.
Bush to leave a record budget deficit of $482 billion - Los Angeles Times (broken link)

Derivatives and Dangerous Times - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/business/2008/09/16/lehman-derivatives-swaps-pf-guru-in_rl_0916croesus_inl.html - broken link)

Obama supports a PayGo policy to (attempt to) restore fiscal responsibility, as well as stepped-up financial regulation. That doesnt sound like a hands-in-the-cookie-jar approach, in fact just the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
You're preaching to the choir... I just wish it meant more to you than a petty criticism.
I just wish you cared enough about your country, not to mention your own wallet, to pay attention to what's being done to you.

Last edited by delusianne; 09-17-2008 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: added Derivatives link and Paygo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2008, 04:55 AM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,920,913 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Seems as though McCain kicked Fiorina under the bus, so while in the process of stating her party prepared statements, she let the TRUTH slip out. McCain-Palin can't cut it. This is MAJOR! She has been a major supporter of the campaign and she essentially stated that these two nuts couldn't run a company, not to mention a country. How are you Regressive desperados going to explain this away? One of your own fesses up.

She also stated the party-line, that unqualified Palin has more executive experience than Obama without realizing that Obama beat the frontrunner and wife of a former 2-term President to take the nomination in very well-run excessively drawn out marathon campaign...certainly an example of "executive" experience.

Advantage: Obama

Fiorina: Palin Doesn't Have Experience To Run A Major Company
It was kind of sad that they didnt give her points for being such a loyal suckup/humorless idiot about Tina Fey.

(Also in that piece: "Speaking of Palin's substance, today on the stump she loudly declared that she'd end the practice of Wall Street rewarding incompetent CEOs with 'golden parachutes.' Palin made no note of Fiorina's own $21 million-dollar ripcord, because I guess that would be too substantive.")
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2008, 04:56 AM
 
Location: CO Springs
149 posts, read 287,896 times
Reputation: 48
oh the spin. What other two candidates did she also say could not run a company. What about the part about Palin and McCain being fast learners and could quickly learn how.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2008, 05:01 AM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,920,913 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpitts View Post
oh the spin. What other two candidates did she also say could not run a company. What about the part about Palin and McCain being fast learners and could quickly learn how.
Yes, she did try to spin, you're right. It was pretty lame, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2008, 05:03 AM
 
Location: CO Springs
149 posts, read 287,896 times
Reputation: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Yes, she did try to spin, you're right. It was pretty lame, though.
Speaking of your spin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2008, 05:29 AM
 
Location: Va Beach
3,508 posts, read 11,924,389 times
Reputation: 1011
Fiorina is a whack job. She's already been blasted for making that remark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2008, 05:36 AM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,920,913 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpitts View Post
Speaking of your spin.
No, really?

Sorry, but Carly Fiorina made that stupid statement herself. Then Carly Fiorina tried to spin what she said and came out even stupider.

No one here is spinning or twisting what Fiorina said.

Last edited by delusianne; 09-17-2008 at 05:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2008, 05:40 AM
 
Location: OH->FL->NJ
7,905 posts, read 7,314,811 times
Reputation: 3145
Obama supporters hitting Palin on experience?!???

Mind boggling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top