Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2008, 11:22 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Your disdain for the poster (or the poster's beliefs), I suspect, is the result of not understanding how whites view racial issues. Most are (for me, at one time was) under the impression that we were all working towards eliminating racism of all sorts. However, we come to discover that what blacks frequently mean by eliminating racism is "eliminating racism against blacks... but black racism against whites is okay... as a matter of fact, let's just change the whole definition of racism so that you can't even call black on white racism racism." Then, we read about stuff like "white privilege" and discover that blacks don't want to integrate into the U.S. They want the U.S. to adjust to them.

So whites realize that blacks want racism... when it's in their favor and they want white America to turn it's head to their aberrant culture which, time and again, proves self-destructive.

On a positive note, if BO ends up president, I think he'll really beat up the irresponsible aspect of black culture. Not being irresponsible himself, I think he'll be sick of it in others.
I chose to think my disdain for the poster's beliefs are the fact that they choose to recite foolishness like this behind the safety of an anonymous online forum.

You're right I don't understand how white people view racial issues - nor do I care. I don't understand how black people view racial issues - nor do I care. My intermediate family is a melting pot of several races and ethnic backgrounds, so forgive me if I don't spend every second of my life trying to blame someone for the fact that I was born with a darker skin pigmentation then my cousins.

I do have to wonder where all these people live where all black folks are just randomly running around pointing out racist things. "His light turned green before mine did because I'm BLACK! Racism! Racism!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 11:27 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Yeah. Then I drove to work on that special underground "whites only" highway that allows me to get to work without intermingling with persons of color.
See, I have to go on CD to learn about all the other priviledges you all get.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:41 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Great Article..Pity that it is soo true. Just goes to show that the colour of your skin will bring different responses to the same actions.
Really? Then explain the comments of One Thousand to me.

Here's a man that, regardless of race, has found success in personal responsibility... and is voting for McCain I believe he posted.

It goes to show me that GOD, if there really is one still...used to be one way back when..., is color-blind and thinks this finger-pointing is a bunch of man-made victim garbage.

Even if every line that Tim Wise prints is 100% true, none of us US Americans who have maps are victims. If you or society had to change for me to be ok, I'm effed. I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR ME! PERIOD!

Life is like a diaper. Let someone else change it.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:42 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I chose to think my disdain for the poster's beliefs are the fact that they choose to recite foolishness like this behind the safety of an anonymous online forum.
Anonymity (relative in this case) is a form of herd mentality... herds give safety and it's human nature. He/She is foolish because they don't violate their instincts?

Crazy.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:35 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post

You're right I don't understand how white people view racial issues - nor do I care. I don't understand how black people view racial issues - nor do I care. My intermediate family is a melting pot of several races and ethnic backgrounds, so forgive me if I don't spend every second of my life trying to blame someone for the fact that I was born with a darker skin pigmentation then my cousins.

I do have to wonder where all these people live where all black folks are just randomly running around pointing out racist things. "His light turned green before mine did because I'm BLACK! Racism! Racism!"
Do the names Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton et. al. ring a bell ?

Old 09-28-2008, 03:47 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
What a pathetic thread.
Sad isn't it? I agree

Old 09-28-2008, 03:55 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Do the names Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton et. al. ring a bell ?
You all bring this cliched response as the "zinger" for everything when anyone brings up racism despite the fact that you have been told ad nauseam that many blacks don't agree with everything they say. Jesse nor Al were able to successfully unify the black vote in sizeable numbers when they ran for President and yet you quote them like you think they can get blacks to do anything they want. If that were the case, Obama would not be getting the votes since neither have been helpful to his election.

I think I'm going to start associating all whites with terrorism because of Timothy McVeigh. Also, even though he's dead, Jerry Falwell has a bigger following than Jesse or Al so I guess we can conclude that all whites either reflect his views or Howard Stern's. Yeah, it makes sense to bring them up as "proof" of how whites are everytime the subject of US terrorism, racism, or sexism come up.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:56 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
I didn't think of that. Yes, there is an inside joke. In my experience, in areas that are fairly integrated, black people behaving badly get a pass. Black people behaving decent score points beyond what a white person behaving comparably would because it's so unusual.

Ya know, you deserve a beer or two of your choice for that. It does ring true moreso than in just your area or experience.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:57 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
You all bring this cliched response as the "zinger" for everything when anyone brings up racism despite the fact that you have been told ad nauseam that many blacks don't agree with everything they say. Jesse nor Al were able to successfully unify the black vote in sizeable numbers when they ran for President and yet you quote them like you think they can get blacks to do anything they want. If that were the case, Obama would not be getting the votes since neither have been helpful to his election.

I think I'm going to start associating all whites with terrorism because of Timothy McVeigh. Also, even though he's dead, Jerry Falwell has a bigger following than Jesse or Al so I guess we can conclude that all whites either reflect his views or Howard Stern's. Yeah, it makes sense to bring them up as "proof" of how whites are everytime the subject of US terrorism, racism, or sexism come up.
No, but you don't see Jerry or Howard running to every news coverage of black against white crime.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:01 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
No, but you don't see Jerry or Howard running to every news coverage of black against white crime.
How about I bring up Bill Cosby in the name of being fair and balanced.
And I agree with most of everything he says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections