Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 06:43 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I only found a couple of the e-mails. Have the rest been taken off the internet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 07:14 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
of course its fake
No, it's been widely publicized that Palin DID have her government email through a yahoo account. It's been all over the news.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:26 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Question the UK?

This thing is picking up steam....

Sarah Palin's email account broken into by hackers
"They [the Hackers] have disclosed as evidence some personal messages she received since being selected by John McCain as the Republican vice-presidential candidate."

Uh oh....

"The account - gov.palin@yahoo.com - has now been deleted, along with another account, gov.sarah@yahoo.com, which has been investigated by authorities examining the so-called "Troopergate" incident, which centres on Mrs Palin's dismissal of Walt Monegan, the Alaskan public safety commissioner."

Old 09-18-2008, 07:35 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Picked up from Digg:
Hello, /b/ as many of you might already know, last night sarah palin’s yahoo was “hacked” and caps were posted on /b/, i am the lurker who did it, and i would like to tell the story.I read though the emails… ALL OF THEM… before I posted, and what I concluded was anticlimactic, there was nothing there, nothing incriminating, nothing that would derail her campaign as I had hoped, all I saw was personal stuff, some clerical stuff from when she was governor…. And pictures of her family.

I then started a topic on /b/, peeps asked for pics or gtfo and I obliged, then it started to get big...

Link (scroll down in Comments) (http://digg.com/security/Hackers_Claim_To_Break_Into_Palin_s_Yahoo_Mail_Acc ount - broken link)

Old 09-18-2008, 07:51 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
PLease wake up. These people hacked her account because they could. They are not political. The only thing they may have in common with "liberals" is a sense of justice and a sense of humor.
Is that why it has traced back to someone on Barry's camp?

Old 09-18-2008, 08:07 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Is that why it has traced back to someone on Barry's camp?

Do you have a valid news account stating that Obama's camp did this?

Old 09-18-2008, 08:09 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,333 times
This woman is so ignorant and this shows her total lack of judgement and common sense. I went to several websites and I was able to recover Todd's e-mail, the Lieutenant Governor's e-mail, they even posted Bristol's phone number, there are personal pictures, this is so embarassing!!

Old 09-18-2008, 08:15 AM

874 posts, read 1,855,495 times
I am a liberal. I think it is illegal and either immoral, if the government emails on a yahoo account was done to hide things that should have been government record, or stupid if she just didn't know better. I think this should be checked out as part of a legal investigation. That said, hacking in to her account was wrong. It was done for nothing but malicious intent and the titillation factor by some rather immature and thoughtless person/people.

I think that, if Palin does become VP or not, this should be a good lesson in internet security for her and maybe she will be more careful in selecting passwords. But whether she "did wrong" first in her use of the account, two wrongs do not make a right and this stunt was inappropriate at best.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:19 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Do you have a valid news account stating that Obama's camp did this?
Don't need one at all. If you are not Pro Palin/McCain then you are not Pro American and are one of those Obama sorts.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:21 AM

552 posts, read 1,073,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Picked up from Digg:
Hello, /b/ as many of you might already know, last night sarah palin’s yahoo was “hacked” and caps were posted on /b/, i am the lurker who did it, and i would like to tell the story.I read though the emails… ALL OF THEM… before I posted, and what I concluded was anticlimactic, there was nothing there, nothing incriminating, nothing that would derail her campaign as I had hoped, all I saw was personal stuff, some clerical stuff from when she was governor…. And pictures of her family.

I then started a topic on /b/, peeps asked for pics or gtfo and I obliged, then it started to get big...

Link (scroll down in Comments) (http://digg.com/security/Hackers_Claim_To_Break_Into_Palin_s_Yahoo_Mail_Acc ount - broken link)
1. That's a comment on Digg.
2. It's "copy/pasted" from a post on 4chan, in /b/ nonetheless.

Sounds credible to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections