U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 11:56 AM

12,620 posts, read 17,695,036 times

Advertisements

This says to me that she CANNOT work across the table!

Clinton cancels spot at Jewish groups' anti-Iran rally over Palin invite:

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton has canceled an appearance at a New York rally next week after organizers blindsided her by inviting Republican vice presidential candidate and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, aides to the senator said Tuesday.

Several American Jewish groups plan a major rally outside the United Nations on Sept. 22 to protest against Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Clinton cancels spot at Jewish groups' anti-Iran rally over Palin invite - Haaretz - Israel News

US election: Hillary Clinton cancels appearance at rally after Palin invited
Rally in New York sponsored by US Jewish groups angered by Iranian president's presence at UN general assembly

US election: Hillary Clinton cancels appearance at UN rally after Sarah Palin invited | World news | guardian.co.uk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 12:00 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,802,730 times
It says to you what you want it to say to you.

Clinton hadn't been advised that Palin would be at the rally and seeing how this is a campaign issue, I don't see how in the world you would extrapolate this into some kind of idea that in a legislative environment that Clinton is incapable of working across the aisle, but then again, Clinton isn't running for President, now is she?

Old 09-17-2008, 12:00 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,016,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
This says to me that she CANNOT work across the table!

Clinton cancels spot at Jewish groups' anti-Iran rally over Palin invite:

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton has canceled an appearance at a New York rally next week after organizers blindsided her by inviting Republican vice presidential candidate and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, aides to the senator said Tuesday.

Several American Jewish groups plan a major rally outside the United Nations on Sept. 22 to protest against Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Clinton cancels spot at Jewish groups' anti-Iran rally over Palin invite - Haaretz - Israel News

US election: Hillary Clinton cancels appearance at rally after Palin invited
Rally in New York sponsored by US Jewish groups angered by Iranian president's presence at UN general assembly

US election: Hillary Clinton cancels appearance at UN rally after Sarah Palin invited | World news | guardian.co.uk
So? Why didn't the organizers inform her at the time they invited her? What have they got up their sleeve?????

Why are they inviting Palin?

Why was it a secret until AFTER Clinton accepted?

I don't blame her...it looks like a trap, smells like a trap....

Maybe Clinton's reason should be mentioned....

Old 09-17-2008, 12:05 PM

714 posts, read 1,367,446 times
This does surprise me that Hillary would do this...I would like to here her side of the story on this topic. If indeed it's only because Palin will be there, I think it shows that Hillary will not cross party lines and she would fear being overshadowed by Palin.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:27 PM

25,346 posts, read 37,499,457 times
Hillary is really scared to shake Palin's hand and Hillary worsed nighmare can be when another younger woman will break the ceiling that Hillary made 18 million cracks in....maybe it isn't even Hillary but Obama who isn't allowing it or hillary won't get the job on the Supreme Court...which she probable won't get since Obama won't win.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:31 PM

1,792 posts, read 1,127,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
This does surprise me that Hillary would do this...
Me neither, she sees it for exactly what it is, the McShame campaign trying to politicize the event....

Old 09-17-2008, 12:36 PM

1,990 posts, read 6,841,992 times
Hil isn't stupid. The Republicans just want a photo op of Clinton and Palin a event in New York. If that flashes on TV, the GOP has won the women and idependent vote. Classic trap from a party that is an expert of deception.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:00 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,695,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
Me neither, she sees it for exactly what it is, the McShame campaign trying to politicize the event....

Tell us how this has to do with the McCain camp trying to politicize the event when.......???

They were both invited by the Jewish Groups. You don't even know what you are talking about..

And Palin did not even know for sure if she was going to go to the event so they did not release her travel schedule yet!

So it appears to me that Hillary was the one who wanted to politicize the event with her non appearance at it!

Old 09-17-2008, 01:02 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,912,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Tell us how this has to do with the McCain camp trying to politicize the event when.......???

They were both invited by the Jewish Groups. You don't even know what you are talking about..

And Palin did not even know for sure if she was going to go to the event so they did not release her travel schedule yet!

So it appears to me that Hillary was the one who wanted to politicize the event with her non appearance at it!
This is Republican doublespeak at its finest. Just like McCain saying the economy's fundamentals are strong.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:03 PM

2,007 posts, read 3,362,880 times
It shows her for the shallow, spineless creep she truly is. She knows she'd look like crap compared to Palin (not that that really matters) and she's ashamed and furious that she's not the woman on top of her ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or