U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:03 PM

4,983 posts, read 4,848,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
You forgot "we need reform- we're going to shake things up. We'll ruffle some feathers". I heard that "ruffle some feathers" line no less than 1/2 a dozen times last night, and it was never followed by anything of substance.

At one point, Hannity asked her a very specific question- something along the lines of "you talk about taking on your own party in Alaska- can you tell us who you took on?" Her response was the same canned "well sure, you've got to look at both parties. We need reform. We've got to shake things up, and sure we'll ruffle some feathers", with no actual answer to his question- and yet he sat there smiling and nodding his head as if she'd just explained the theory of relativity.

Talk about sheep..........

ETA: Here's the actual text of the question and the answer, cut from FoxNews' site:

HANNITY: There's this you know, you still have a very high approval rating, but there are people that still weren't happy about it. How did you take on your own party, specifically? And do you think you'd be able to do that, as well, in Washington?

PALIN: Well, I just recognized that there as John McCain talked about on the campaign trail, also it doesn't matter which party it is that is just kind of creating the good-old-boy network and the cronyism and allowing obsessive partisanship to get in the way of just doing what's right for the people who are to be served. And I just recognized that it's not just the other party. Sometimes it's our own party that just starts taking advantage of the people.

And I felt compelled to do something about it, decided to run for office, got in there and with that mandate that I believe the people had just given me, via their vote, they expected the changes to take place, that reform. And we're living up to that. And as we do, we are ruffling feathers.

And where, exactly, is the answer to the question in bold????

Great post, Bob...yes, she never answers the questions. Doesn't this lady see how bad she looks? How skirting the issues with lame politicobabble is just insulting to us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections