Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 11:12 AM

145 posts, read 291,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
An important fact to know...

If Track had been addicted to Oxycontin he would not be in the military. It may be in the news that he was addicted and it may be all over the town but the FACT remains, previous drug use disqualifies you from military service.

Does quelinda realize that drug abuse story about Track Palin was started by the Inquirer? Maybe she could give us a reputable, non-liberal biased source for this.
I think it is pathetic the people who are trying to bash Palin's children. Obama has many shady friends and his wife is scary as it is...but do you hear any Reps trashy his daughters? No!!!
They know Mcain/Palin are on their way to winning the White House and she is going to be one tough VP and send many of those spend hungry Dems home!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 12:20 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2My3 View Post
Good Gosh.....I had almost forgotten about you!!
I guess you looked up 'Tevas' ...and I am guessing I was right!! Ha! Ha!
You didn't even get what I was saying about Obama's name? You were calling McCain - McSame....all I have to do is call Obama by his FULL name! BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA.....it is just as humorous as McSame.
Is Milhaus a relative of your's or a friend? Don't know Milhaus.
I have some other funny names for you: Tony Rezko, Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, Franklin Raines, and Jim Johnson. Now...you may have to Google some of these people since you may not know them....but you know how to use Google now after looking up Tevas!!!!
Good luck with your research!

Your lack of historical knowledge is showing.................

And no thanks, I won't waste any time chasing innuendo about your personal demons.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:29 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,316 times
Default Always been proud of America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2My3 View Post
Does quelinda realize that drug abuse story about Track Palin was started by the Inquirer? Maybe she could give us a reputable, non-liberal biased source for this.
I think it is pathetic the people who are trying to bash Palin's children. Obama has many shady friends and his wife is scary as it is...but do you hear any Reps trashy his daughters? No!!!
They know Mcain/Palin are on their way to winning the White House and she is going to be one tough VP and send many of those spend hungry Dems home!!
You know, something the media never picked up on and discussed (or maybe they did and I just missed it) struck me as kind of odd.....

A short while ago, everyone made a big deal about how Michelle Obama said the for the first time in her life, she was proud of America.

When Palin gave her acceptance speech, she stated that she has always been proud of America.

Not that Michelle is running for everything, but doesn't the contrast of these 2 statements kind of give you an idea of the character of each individual?

So what was she before she was proud of America...against America??? And if so, did her husband share her views as well? Seems like Reverend Wright influenced Michelle Obama.....so how was Barack managed to avoid the same influence? Did they sit in different pews and maybe he couldn't hear things as good?

I find this quite interesting that no one has picked up on this little bit of irony and ran with it.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:06 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
You know, something the media never picked up on and discussed (or maybe they did and I just missed it) struck me as kind of odd.....

A short while ago, everyone made a big deal about how Michelle Obama said the for the first time in her life, she was proud of America.

When Palin gave her acceptance speech, she stated that she has always been proud of America.

Not that Michelle is running for everything, but doesn't the contrast of these 2 statements kind of give you an idea of the character of each individual?

So what was she before she was proud of America...against America??? And if so, did her husband share her views as well? Seems like Reverend Wright influenced Michelle Obama.....so how was Barack managed to avoid the same influence? Did they sit in different pews and maybe he couldn't hear things as good?

I find this quite interesting that no one has picked up on this little bit of irony and ran with it.
Zing! Right over the head!!!

Why do you think Palin made that remark? Maybe because the Republicans made a HUGE ruckus over Michelle's remark, and Palin's speechwriters knew that it would get a big rise from the crowd. I find it quite interesting that you are so oblivious to political manipulation.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:46 PM

160 posts, read 564,705 times
Default Irony of the beholder

Quote:
A short while ago, everyone made a big deal about how Michelle Obama said the for the first time in her life, she was proud of America. ...

Interesting, too, that while the whole GOP Convention had signs that said, "Country First," because USA comes first, ahead of everything, or you're not patriotic (which I agree with!), Palin's official newsletter is "Putting Alaska First"--http://gov.state.ak.us/newsletters.php
I never saw anything in the media about that.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:02 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Zing! Right over the head!!!

Why do you think Palin made that remark? Maybe because the Republicans made a HUGE ruckus over Michelle's remark, and Palin's speechwriters knew that it would get a big rise from the crowd. I find it quite interesting that you are so oblivious to political manipulation.
Uh no, it didn't go over my head, that's why I brought it up. I haven't heard anyone in the media discuss it, that's all. How does that make me oblivious?

Old 09-23-2008, 08:16 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:

And even more ironic given that McCain--according to one thread on this forum, but I haven't verified it--said the same thing that Michelle Obama did, in connection with his experience as a POW.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:31 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Uh no, it didn't go over my head, that's why I brought it up. I haven't heard anyone in the media discuss it, that's all. How does that make me oblivious?
Okay, Palin didn't volunteer the remark at the spur of the moment. The speech writers who wrote her speech included that remark to pander to the people offended by Michelle's remark. It was a clear slam at Michelle, and it was noted by the media at the time as such. If you didn't get that, then you are oblivious. Moreover, McCain's slogan may have been Country First at the time of the convention, but Palin's slogan as governor was Alaska First. So the remark's contrivance is clear.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:46 AM

160 posts, read 564,705 times
Default OK, but I'm confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Moreover, McCain's slogan may have been Country First at the time of the convention, but Palin's slogan as governor was Alaska First. So the remark's contrivance is clear.
Please bottom-line this for me. Which should be first, Alaska? Or Country? (I could get technical here, about which country, but I won't.)
Only one can be first, right? At least since the Bowl Championship Series eliminated the split coaches/writers poll issue. It's all so confusing sometimes.
Guess I'll just have to go with USC first, unless they get upset by Washington State or something, and leave it at that.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:53 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,270 times
Thumbs up American PRIDE

Yes, Americans should be very, very proud. For the first time in American History, a woman was able to campaign for President of The United States, and likewise, a black American is now a candidate! what's there not to be proud of? We as the greatest nation in all of the world have come a very, very long way. Mrs. Obama being proud of America for the first time in her life? Why Not? Americans, please remember our past history, when blacks were brought to our Great Country as slaves. Yes, indeed, she has the right to say she's proud, and we all should be too. Pride for black Americans didn't begin to come about overnight, it's been a very, very long struggle for them to obtain the same equal rights as white people have, and they're not finished yet, there is still much more work to be done. white people all over the U.S. still have red necks, and in time, after they've passed away, and new generations come about, maybe all whites will be colorblind by that time, and accept a person for what they are. frankly speaking, I don't care what color a person is running for in public office, the question that should be asked is, is the person qualified? as far as Mr. Obama is concerned, I think he is well qualified for the position of President of The United States. As for what Mrs. Obama was before she said she was proud, I think a certain person should walk a mile or two in a black person's shoes to get the feel of how some blacks are still treated in our Great Country, maybe then, this person will know what it's like to be black in America.
Quote:

Last edited by highdesertmutz; 09-24-2008 at 08:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections