Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 01:16 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
hmm

Other officials in the borough government -- the equivalent of county government in other states -- point out that Palin actually had very little executive responsibility, since the borough oversees many of Wasilla's vital functions.

"After all her boasting about her executive experience, what did she do?" asks a longtime borough official, who, like many in local circles, requested anonymity because of Palin's reputation for vengeance. "The borough takes care of most of the planning, the fire, the ambulance, collecting the property taxes. And on top of that she brought in a city manager to actually run the city day to day. So what executive experience did she have as mayor?"
Apparently very little. She sat at her desk and nursed the baby. Wow- what an accomplishement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 01:17 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
scary if this lunatic actually ends up in DC. She is clearly unbalanced, and power hungry.

It's worked the past two VP election cycles................................

Old 09-18-2008, 01:19 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I suggest YOU read MY post, I said "I for ONE", kinda takes the post above out of that play

And I dislike the hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle but in the case of Palin I think McCain's just becomes inexcusable after chiding Barama for not picking Hillary, someone who'd been second best in vote gathering and has experience, WHERE did that concept go when HE was choosing a running-mate?
And of course there is no hypocryisy with the Obama camp going after Palin's experience when his resume barely has enough ink on it to keep it from being blank.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:21 PM

True. Can you believe where I live (at the moment-lol, not forever.) people who work at a retail store where a friend of mine works, he was talking about Obama, and they said "He isnt religious, so they wont vote for him"

wow- Karl Rove really understood these people. Palin is a runaway train, she is a Bush mascot.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:22 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
It isn't her lack of experience that bothers me so much but rather what she's done with that experience.

Alaska is a huge state and a small town all at the same time. The woman's well known for being vindictive and irrational.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:22 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,286,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
WAAHHHHHHH!

The looney left will do anything they can to throw BS attacks at her.

And the hatred, while disgusting, is typical behavior for those who call themselves "the party of tolerance". Lol, BS.
I don't understand what calling her out on her behavior has to do with intolerance.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's worked the past two VP election cycles................................
How sickening it may happen again. Family values-lol. What a joke. The infrastructure of the US is falling apart, and all these lunatics will talk about is "family values" while their children procreate without marriage.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:26 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I don't understand what calling her out on her behavior has to do with intolerance.
The calling out was basically a big collection of opinions from people who are opponents of hers. Do you not understand that anyone can go gather up a few people that worked with ANY ELECTED OFFICIAL and put together a nice long article that trashes that person?

Do you not think that someone could find a 5-6 people to interview about Biden that would trash him?

The intolerance comment was regarding a post where someone was happy they had a reason to say they hate her today. It was a sarcastic remark.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:27 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
more hmm

'Sarah Barracuda' -- she's proud of that name now, she uses it in her campaigns," said her former mentor. "But she got that name from the way she conducted herself with her own teammates. She was vicious to the other girls, always playing up to the coach and pointing out when the other girls made mistakes. She was the coach's favorite and he gave her more playing time than her skills warranted. My niece was on her team; she was a very good player. I used to sit there in the stands, and I would wonder, Why on earth is Sarah getting so much playing time?"
I'll bet she was the "teacher's pet", too, who tattled on others.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:30 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
How sickening it may happen again. Family values-lol. What a joke. The infrastructure of the US is falling apart, and all these lunatics will talk about is "family values" while their children procreate without marriage.
Like my father always said, "WHOSE family values"? We all have different ones.

I think the ones we're talking about here are those that say families can only be heterosexual, marriage is the only viable relationship, and children are good even though the earth is overpopulated.

Am I right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections