U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 03:46 PM

9,959 posts, read 7,517,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
They have all reported it and it's currently under investigation. Kudos to them for respecting her privacy and not publishing excerpts from the e-mails. What more is there to be reported . . . or are you insinuating that Obama is behind this, and that he should be called on this without any proof?
I agree. I'm glad they haven't published it, even though it's apparently available on the web.

I seriously doubt the Obama campaign had anything to do with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 04:33 PM

426 posts, read 412,951 times
Post Imagine That? I'm Shocked, I Tell Ya...

Quote:
State Rep. Mike Kernell confirmed Thursday that his son, a University of Tennessee-Knoxville student, is at the center of heated Internet discussion into the hacking of the personal e-mail of vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

Kernell, a Memphis Democrat, confirmed that it is his 20-year-old son, David, who is being widely named on Internet blogs and chatrooms in connection with an unfolding story about Palin's hacked e-mail accounts.

The FBI and the Secret Service started a formal investigation on Wednesday into the hacking.

David Kernell is a student at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville. Mike Kernell said he spoke to his son on Thursday, as he does on a regular basis.

Kernell otherwise declined to comment, or discuss his son’s whereabouts.
State rep confirms that son is subject of Palin e-mail chatter | www.tennessean.com | The Tennessean

Old 09-18-2008, 05:10 PM

426 posts, read 412,951 times
Default More Details

"The Story Behind the Palin E-Mail Hacking"

Michelle Malkin

Old 09-18-2008, 05:15 PM

7,730 posts, read 8,863,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
It's not 100% verified yet. The problem with hackers is that they are not exactly the most honest people so it's hard to trust them. The other problem is that it's not like Palin is going to come out and say "Yes those were my emails". That's the whole point of the private email usage for government business. 0 transparency. Shady b***h.
AP Refuses Secret Service Request for Palin's "Hacked" Emails (http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003851598 - broken link)

Quote:
The disclosure Wednesday raises new questions about the propriety of the Palin administration's use of nongovernment e-mail accounts to conduct state business. The practice was revealed months ago - prior to Palin's selection as a vice presidential candidate - after political critics obtained internal e-mails documenting the practice by some aides.
Now John, tell us again how well you vetted this woman for your running mate. Please. Enlighten us.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:30 PM

2,739 posts, read 5,561,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Laws were broken when she used a yahoo account to perform her official duties. It's too hard to explain.

What laws would those be? That sounds like pure baloney to me...

Bud

Old 09-18-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
What laws would those be? That sounds like pure baloney to me...

Bud
Are you serious?

In any case. It's called the Alaska Public Records Act. It includes emails that deal with government business.

Alaska Public Records Act - Sunshine Review

Old 09-18-2008, 06:17 PM

4,784 posts, read 4,379,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Are you serious?

In any case. It's called the Alaska Public Records Act. It includes emails that deal with government business.

Alaska Public Records Act - Sunshine Review

I thought these e-mails were between Palin and her hubby..would that be considered "government business"?

Old 09-18-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I thought these e-mails were between Palin and her hubby..would that be considered "government business"?
Some of the screenshots show emails with subject lines that relate to government business as well as official government email addresses. There were two accounts hacked. Only one, with mostly personal items, have been released to the web. Both accounts were deleted.

It wouldn't be that big a deal had it not been shown earlier in the year to be something she's done before as the link I posted above says.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:18 PM

821 posts, read 720,929 times
The irony of all of this is that, thanks to the "Patriot" act, brought to you by the Republicans, EVERYONE'S email can be hacked so that we can "catch terrorists." Sounds like some karma is coming home to roost.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:23 PM

101 posts, read 234,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
The irony of all of this is that, thanks to the "Patriot" act, brought to you by the Republicans, EVERYONE'S email can be hacked so that we can "catch terrorists." Sounds like some karma is coming home to roost.
I'm voting Republican this year, but god I hate the Patriot Act. That's a Bush thing, not something real Repubs normally support.

The hacker could have chosen to leave Palin's email alone. Assuming this guy was a democrat, it's hypocritical for him to get into her account. Aren't the dems all for privacy? Oh, you guys respect the privacy of people that think like you. I see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections