U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:33 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,407,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
They dont understand that because it has never once been mentioned on FOX News

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 09:41 AM

8,289 posts, read 7,325,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The deregulation began in the Clinton administration with the repeal of the Glass-Steagall act. Fannie&Freddie and other subprime lenders have been lining the pockets of the democrats for years - in fact Obama has taken more money than anyone else, except Sen Dodd.

In 2003, Bush tried to push through regulations, blocked by the dems, in the pocket of the lobbyists for the seb-prime lenders.

In 2005, McCain started sounding the alarm bells - also blocked by the dems.
what you failed to mention sanrene as uisual was who was behind the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act? Why none other than Phil Gramm! Remember McCain's former Economic advisor whos aid Am,ericans are in a "mental recession" & Americans were a bunch of "whiners"????

Oh and spare me with the Dems blocked anything McCain was trying to do in 2005 when the Republicans had a majority back then.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:43 AM

3,195 posts, read 3,312,372 times
Although I am not an expert, I have a degree in Economics and this thread has absolutely blown my mind, although I do not have all day, I will try to educate the OP as much as I can:

First, Mc Cain's economic policies are disastrous. Why? Because he has absolutely no knowledge of Economics. If Mc Cain had any knowledge on the subject, his priority would be ending these two wars we are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. Due to these two wars, the National Debt has nearly doubled in the last 7 years! Never in history has our National Debt grown so rapidly.As far as I know, Mc Cain has no plan of ending these two wars anytime soon? (Correct me if I am wrong).

I am not an Obama supporter and I do not know much about his economic plan but if he is planning to end these two wars anytime soon, from an economic perspective, I have to respect him. Reducing military spending and ending these two wars would be the most logical and fiscally responsible thing to do!

Old 09-19-2008, 09:47 AM

2,197 posts, read 3,956,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Although I am not an expert, I have a degree in Economics and this thread has absolutely blown my mind, although I do not have all day, I will try to educate the OP as much as I can:

First, Mc Cain's economic policies are disastrous. Why? Because he has absolutely no knowledge of Economics. If Mc Cain had any knowledge on the subject, his priority would be ending these two wars we are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. Due to these two wars, the National Debt has nearly doubled in the last 7 years! Never in history has our National Debt grown so rapidly.As far as I know, Mc Cain has no plan of ending these two wars anytime soon? (Correct me if I am wrong).

I am not an Obama supporter and I do not know much about his economic plan but if he is planning to end these two wars anytime soon, from an economic perspective, I have to respect him. Reducing military spending and ending these two wars would be the most logical and fiscally responsible thing to do!
Well gee, that sure was enlightening from someone that has an economics degree.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:48 AM

8,289 posts, read 7,325,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Thank you.

We are ALL responsible.

People who thought they could buy a 500,000.00 house while making $35,000.00/year are to blame. Realtors are to blame. Mortgage brokers are to blame. People using their homes like ATMs are to blame.

It does prove, however, that people may be too stupid to ever operate effectively in a free market. They NEED the nanny state because they are just to dumb otherwise.
As a Realtor I resent that comment. It's like blaming your car dealer for selling you a Lexus when you should be driving a Hyundai because that is what your budget allows. Don't blame us because most Americans live beyond their means. We don't finance homes we just broker the sales price. Mortgage companies have Underwriters that are supposed to weigh risks for their companies so go blame them!

Old 09-19-2008, 09:49 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,922,093 times
Quote:
In 2003, Bush tried to push through regulations, blocked by the dems, in the pocket of the lobbyists for the seb-prime lenders.

Quote:
In 2005, McCain started sounding the alarm bells - also blocked by the dems.
That's the way democracy operates. The minority in the House and Senate always just run roughshod over the majority! LOL.

Based on this statement of yours I take it that you'll soon quit saying that "the downturn didn't begin until after the Ds took over in 2007!"

golfgod

Old 09-19-2008, 09:52 AM

2,197 posts, read 3,956,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
That's the way democracy operates. The minority in the House and Senate always just run roughshod over the majority! LOL.

Based on this statement of yours I take it that you'll soon quit saying that "the downturn didn't begin until after the Ds took over in 2007!"

golfgod
As I'm sure you know, the majority doesn't always vote with their party.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:58 AM

3,195 posts, read 3,312,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
Well gee, that sure was enlightening from someone that has an economics degree.
You said you are voting for Mc Cain after you heard his speech, that makes absolutely no sense. Mc Cain said that the fundamentals of the economy are strong. Even the Wall Street Journal, hardly a 'liberal" publication had an article yesterday comparing the current state of the economy to the Great Depression. How can the fundamentals of the economy be possibly be strong? His statement is absolutely prepostereous. I am having hard times understanding your logic.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:01 AM

12,647 posts, read 9,139,039 times
Quote:
As I'm sure you know, the majority doesn't always vote with their party.
This just in: You now owe even more money as of a few minutes ago. Thanks to the party in office, we've now been strapped with another trillion dollar adrenaline shot. While you support a Senator who's done nothing to help working folks for 26 years, those working folks are now sitting in tent cities in our Nation due to his ineffective years as a legislator. If he has a record to run on regarding helping these folks we'd love to see it.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:03 AM

8,894 posts, read 7,442,786 times
Quote:
Iíve decided my vote

Well, after witnessing this mess on Wall Street, the virtual melt down of the American economy and hearing John McCain speak this morning, I've decided he gets my vote November 4th. I must admit though, I was being heavily swayed towards Barack Obama, until last evening when Senator Biden opened his big mouth about it being our Patriotic Duty to pay more taxes, and then finding out that one of Senator Obama's top advisers, Jim Johnson, is the former head of Fannie Mae(whom walked away in the middle of this financial crisis, lining his pockets with tens of millions[I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being investigated and prosecuted]). And by the way, Jim Johnson just resigned his post with the Obama campaign. Excuse me Senator Biden, but it's America's Patriotic Duty to fight taxes! Remember the good ole days Senetor Biden, no taxation without representation?
You're a great American!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections