Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 06:23 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
I'm still waiting to see where in her thesis that she would be putting blacks first?

This thesis spoke about HER experience at school. Did you know that her roomate's mother protested to the administration to have her daughter's rom changed just because Michelle was black? She wrote about her experiences, experiences that really happened.

Also, when Condi Rice gets a man, i'm sure she'd be doing fist bumps too

If Obama's platform doesn't mesh with your beliefs, that is fine, vote your beliefs. But at least use valid arguements instead of the silliness posted in this last paragraph!
“There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the black community, I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the black community first and foremost. “

Michelle Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EU LP View Post
Why do Republican's still cling onto this "Obama will raise everyone's taxes" when it's a FACT that Obama will actually LOWER 95% of America's populations tax? Does John McCain plan on winning with lies? Still, taxes aren't everything to most voters; my parents are business owners and have a salary of $800,000+ and are still voting for Obama.

I'm 22 and I am voting for Obama. Reasons? Obama is very intelligent, Obama is fresh, Obama will take this country in a different direction, Obama is sensitive to the issues facing our generation, Obama is not an out of touch luddite a la John McCain, Obama is progressive, McCain/Palin are both socially backwards, John McCain also knows nothing about the economy.

John McCain just doesn't get it. John McCain doesn't understand my generation and it will be a cold day in Hell if he ever gets my vote and this Sarah Palin mix makes everything worse X2.
This is what I would call a typical answer of an under 30 voter for Obama. Thanks for proving my point.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:46 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
“There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the black community, I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the black community first and foremost. “

Michelle Obama
OK, and tell me how this statement, while made in college after her experiences there matters to what is going on here & now?

If blacks are supposed to forget everything that happened in the past, it would seem to me that since this thesis was in a different time in her life, it wouldn't matter in the here & now.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:49 PM

It wouldn't matter to me if she weren't possibly going to be the first lady. Everyone has their own agenda. Mine is just not supporting racisim. Michelle and Barack are racist....hearing 20 years of hate will do that to you.

Barack called his own grandmother a "typical white women"....that doesn't sit well with me either. It does matter.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:55 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
It wouldn't matter to me if she weren't possibly going to be the first lady. Everyone has their own agenda. Mine is just not supporting racisim. Michelle and Barack are racist....hearing 20 years of hate will do that to you.

Barack called his own grandmother a "typical white women"....that doesn't sit well with me either. It does matter.
Anyone who says a fist-bump scares her is a racist.

The Obamas are not.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:

Michelle Obama
Also, further along in that same paragragh, she speaks about how her experiences at Princeton will lead to her assimilation into society and having the same goals as others.

The realization that she may always be on the outside of mainstream society makes her want to help the black community as much as possible.

I know it sounded so good to just quote the paragraph you quoted, but as usual when the rest is included it tells a slightly different tale.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:

Still waiting to see their agenda is racism?

The typical white woman comment, while very unfortunate does not equate racism.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:

Again, if your views don't align with his views, that is ok...vote your beliefs, but don't try to cloud it over with hogwash.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Anyone who says a fist-bump scares her is a racist.

The Obamas are not.
I don't want a first lady that bumps fists to say hello. Have you ever seen Cond. act in this manner? She is a respectable woman...I don't see that in MO.

That is what I said...I never said she scares me because she doesn't. I said IMO I don't think a first lady should greet people in that manner if you would like it translated.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Still waiting to see their agenda is racism?

The typical white woman comment, while very unfortunate does not equate racism.
What would it take for you to put it together?

the support of a Rev. for 20 years who is racist
letting that man baptise your children
a thesis that says blacks first and foremost
a man running for for President that calls his grand. a typical white women

I could go on, but if that doesn't allow you to see it for what it is...then there is no point. Does a meterologist need to tell you it's raining even if you look out your window only to see water??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections