U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2008, 08:43 AM

3,553 posts, read 6,790,764 times

Advertisements

For a lot of his career I thought John McCain was an honorable, though like most of us, flawed man. Early this year I became an Obama supporter because I honestly think that 4 more years of what we've had will not be good for America. Back then I still thought McCain was different from Bush, but Obama was the better choice.

Lately I've lost all respect for McCain:

1. He wouldn't stand up to Rove in 2000 when Rove ran a "race smear" campaign against him in South Carolina, now he wouldn't stand up to Rove and chose someone qualified to be VP, instead going with the "base" (and I mean that in BOTH possilbe ways) candidate.

2. Everyone makes slips of the tongue, particularly when keeping the travel schedule that a campaign requires. But to continually LIE when anyone with a TV and a Tivo can check on what you're saying shows nothing but CONTEMPT for the American voter.

McCain's campaign has slid into the position of continuing to lie, even after being caught at it. I guess they think they can "blame the liberal media" their way out of it, or they just assume that Americans are so stupid that they'll fall for it.

He's starting to remind me of Cheney going on "Meet The Press" and lying about his former appearances on the same show wherein he had trotted out the "al queda/Hussein connection", the "we know he has WMDs now", and the "last throes of the insurgency" lines. Even when Tim (oh how we miss you!) confronted him with the video he denied it! Yet many on here think Cheney an honorable and truthful man.

I guess the same ones think the same of McCain and Palin.

Most people suspected GW Bush was a liar, but the press was too busy promoting the whole "Al Gore invented the internet" sideshow to actuall investigate Bush's whoppers. We can't afford to ignore McCain's constant lies.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 10:37 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,954,417 times
I am convoluted about whether he is consciously lying.
I think he is an old man and has been through a lot.
That sort of thing takes a toll on both the body and the mind.

He may say things before having them vetted by his handlers.
He is fragile mentally, and this is an important reason why I would not want him as President.
His first reaction to our financial crisis is to fire the head of the SEC, who had his budget cut drastically by Bush in an effort to thwart government inspection and regulation of business. This is a concept McCain has agreed with.

He thought Spain was in Latin America.

I think he has no business in such a complex position that affects so many lives. And Palin could not take up the cudgel for him if he failed.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:07 AM

3,758 posts, read 7,530,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I am convoluted about whether he is consciously lying.
I think he is an old man and has been through a lot.
That sort of thing takes a toll on both the body and the mind.

He may say things before having them vetted by his handlers.
He is fragile mentally, and this is an important reason why I would not want him as President.
His first reaction to our financial crisis is to fire the head of the SEC, who had his budget cut drastically by Bush in an effort to thwart government inspection and regulation of business. This is a concept McCain has agreed with.

He thought Spain was in Latin America.

I think he has no business in such a complex position that affects so many lives. And Palin could not take up the cudgel for him if he failed.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or