U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 05:25 PM

2 posts, read 1,847 times

Advertisements

I have been in the Armed Force since 1942. I am a veteran of WW II; Korea & Vietnam? I fought in those wars for your right to VOTE!

I think you should ask yourself these simple questions before you cast that vote. Based on actual fact and not words:

Which candidate: John McCain or Barack Hussein Obama?

1. Has done, and will do, more for AMERICA!
2. Has put his COUNTRY Before His Life, more than once.
3. Has devoted his life to the Safety of AMERICA!
4. Has devoted his life to the Security of AMERICA!

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST: HAS ALWAYS BEEN PROUD OF "HIS AMERICAN/AMERICAN HERITAGE".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 05:31 PM

645 posts, read 1,736,544 times
You've answered your own question. You should have just title this thread: "John McCain has done more for his country.

McCain's military career has nothing to do with me voting or not voting for him as president.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:34 PM

351 posts, read 431,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcmdduke View Post

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST: HAS ALWAYS BEEN PROUD OF "HIS AMERICAN/AMERICAN HERITAGE".
Except when he said this:

YouTube - John McCain Did Not Love His Country

Old 09-20-2008, 05:46 PM

4,433 posts, read 3,808,751 times
Which candidate has done more for the United States and will do more? John McCain.

The difference is in who asks the question.

When Republicans ask who will do more, they are asking about who will keep America strong, proud and free.

When Democrats ask this question, ( and I've seen it numerous times in this forum ) they are asking which candidate is promising them something for nothing. The question is "What will the candidate do for me?"

Old 09-20-2008, 06:47 PM

1,663 posts, read 2,215,236 times
John McCain has done more for this Country, hands down. Maybe what he went through as a POW doesn't impress some or make him Presidential material to some...but, in the end...John McCain HAS proven by his actions that the United States of America and the intrest of the American people will ALWAYS come first. What better person, to hold the office of the President, than a man who has already proven his character under extreme conditions. This is true honor, and that is why I will be voting for John McCain.

McCain/Palin '08

Old 09-20-2008, 07:26 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,029,405 times
Quote:
I have been in the Armed Force since 1942. I am a veteran of WW II; Korea & Vietnam? I fought in those wars for your right to VOTE!

I think you should ask yourself these simple questions before you cast that vote. Based on actual fact and not words:

So according to your logic...George HerbertHooverWalker Bush had no business being elected president...

I'm also kinda amazed you fought in WWII, Korea, AND Vietnam...What service, unit, etc/ were you with in each of these? What rank did you get out as?

Old 09-20-2008, 07:31 PM

16,248 posts, read 20,585,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo31 View Post
You've answered your own question. You should have just title this thread: "John McCain has done more for his country.

McCain's military career has nothing to do with me voting or not voting for him as president.
Johnny Mac had had about 40 more years to do things than Obama has had! I guess we should blame Obama for having the misfortune of being born during a time of peace and prosperity.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:35 PM

7,208 posts, read 8,187,654 times
Quote:

I dont think getting in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to become president.

Gen. Wesley Clark

Old 09-20-2008, 07:40 PM

2,868 posts, read 8,443,210 times
Quote:

East Price Hill...as in Ohio...in Cincinnati... (I am reading that in your info by your post count)

Anyway... I agree,,,being a war hero does not relevant to being President...

Old 09-20-2008, 07:41 PM

874 posts, read 1,634,383 times
The presidency should not be a reward for service performed. The president should be the person who can do the most for the country for the period of his term. Vote for the person you think can do the best based on as much research as you can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or