Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 07:52 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The sad part is people want to see an interview to tear her apart instead of educate the people for what she stands for..So many people wanna see that got ya moment they could care less what the real issues are.

They will continue to make fools of themselves with what they think is the got ya moment though....

YouTube - Prayer, God and War: The Media Elites v. Palin, Clinton, JFK, FDR, and Lincoln
It's up to viewers what they want to see, God bless 'em and who cares. But shouldnt an interviewee be able to answer questions, for heaven's sake? She's advertised as strong and brave, and competent; why not let her prove it? Are you afraid she'll fail?

Just announcing over and over that she is capable doesnt make her capable. She can prove it in an interview.

If er trainers have confidence that she's learned aaaallll her lines, let her go on The View, appallingly the only place in America where a candidate isn't allowed to get away with fluff.

Or Bill Maher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 08:12 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
They don't want to hear stances......they want a got ya moment so they can think they help Obama win the election......If people wanted to hear the issues there would have been outcry from all Americans how this Jerry Springer show is turning out....

No ones talking about issues.....Obama would like you to think he is but in reality he just presents vague obvious problems to the people and his answers to them are "change" and "hope"

Did everyone else miss the last 60 years of elections...? Change has been used in every single one of them....but yet he is a new type of politician....

They are all politicians.....it's impossible to do something someone else hasn't besides in the field of science. In the realm of politics it's all been played out numerous times over and over and over....

What we as a country needs now are debates......and the most important one isn't about Palin/Biden as VP's they basically spew the talking points of the front runners....contridicting their running mate would be the worst thing any of them could do.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:19 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,424 times
Quote:
They don't want to hear stances......they want a got ya moment so they can think they help Obama win the election......If people wanted to hear the issues there would have been outcry from all Americans how this Jerry Springer show is turning out....
I don't want a gotcha moment. What I do want is to see her answer real questions that are as on point as those that have been asked of every other candidate in history. Hannity would ask her a question then let her run on and give whatever answer she chose without calling for specifics or telling her she wasn't really answering the question. He didn't direct her to clarify fallacious points in her answers, nada.

That is what I and I think most want to see. If it happens to produce a gotcha moment because she doesn't know what the heck she's talking about that's just icing.

Quote:
Obama would like you to think he is but in reality he just presents vague obvious problems to the people and his answers to them are "change" and "hope"
You must have missed those interviews of him with Tim and George.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:26 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
On the contrary "they" and everyone else very much want to "hear stances" and the reasoning behind them.

"a got ya moment so they can help Obama win the election..." Hmmm, sounds like you're convinced your candidate would fail in what these days is called a "tough" interview.

It's so funny that all the Republicans were up in arms about McCain's interview on The View. You defended failure and incompetence, and attacked responsibility! Hahahahaha.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:31 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,130 times
Campbell Brown would be good.

However, I'd like to see her talk to Dr. Phil, so he can figure out what's the matter with her with all her problems - her pregnant daughter whose "fiance" doesn't want kids (or to get married), her poor baby who needs extra care, her weird habit of shooting animals from a plane (sicko), the investigation she's trying to stop in Alaska, etc., etc.

There's just so much that we're hearing, but since she won't talk, maybe Dr. Phil can get through to her.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
On the contrary "they" and everyone else very much want to "hear stances" and the reasoning behind them.

"a got ya moment so they can help Obama win the election..." Hmmm, sounds like you're convinced your candidate would fail in what these days is called a "tough" interview.

It's so funny that all the Republicans were up in arms about McCain's interview on The View. You defended failure and incompetence, and attacked responsibility! Hahahahaha.
Bill O’Reilly | The O’Reilly Factor - FOXNews.com

Click on Millertime "Words of Wisdom" and fast forward to 2:20.

"Who knew Rosie was the genius there"

Old 09-22-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post

However, I'd like to see her talk to Dr. Phil, so he can figure out what's the matter with her with all her problems - her pregnant daughter whose "fiance" doesn't want kids (or to get married), her poor baby who needs extra care, her weird habit of shooting animals from a plane (sicko), the investigation she's trying to stop in Alaska, etc., etc.

There's just so much that we're hearing, but since she won't talk, maybe Dr. Phil can get through to her.

Perfect example.....at least you want to hear about the real issues

Old 09-22-2008, 09:23 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post

You know, I'd agree except when he'd ask her; "So how's that working for ya?" She would unfortunately be able to say; "Just fine. I may be the President of the United States someday soon."
Scares me to death!!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 09:32 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You know, I'd agree except when he'd ask her; "So how's that working for ya?" She would unfortunately be able to say; "Just fine. I may be the President of the United States someday soon."
Scares me to death!!!!
We have one befuddled old man, and this nutty woman on the ticket. Go figure. Very strange for Republicans.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:00 PM

3 posts, read 3,485 times
I would have liked to see a panel of oppsites interview Sarah Palin. Maybe Jerry Springer and Tim Russert. Tim would probably start laughing and wouldn't quit. Of course his on air personality would be strictly professional. It would have been fun to see a meeting that wasn't covered by the TV cameras where Tim could really cut loose! Some of the stories in the book about Tim's life really showed how fun Tim could be. There is even a free chapter from the book at:
[url=http://www.timrussertbook.com/]Tim Russert, We Heartily Knew Ye[/url] It was great to see some of the personal stories of what went on in the background of Tim's life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections