Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:58 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cop View Post
I disagree with hunting unless it's for population control or to feed someone.
Most hunters eat their kill, or donate it to feed the hungry! Yes, it is true. Those evil hunters help out their fellow man, helping poor families fill their freezer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 07:03 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Don't always assume that Democrats/liberals are against hunting, guns etc. We're not. Hunt away- I just don't believe in the use of military assault weapons on defenseless animals or people. If you want to hunt for sport I'd hope that you eat it- moral issue, but I wouldn't ask anyone to ban it either. If you want to protect yourself- get the necessary training- and don't keep it in the reach of your kids (another moral issue). Common sense, really.
First you must define military assault rifle. Who hunts with a full auto? The action of a Bushmaster AR is NO DIFFERENT then a Remington or Winchester semi auto.

The assault rifle BS is just that because there are none in the woods or most civilians hands.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:28 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times
Pardon my ignorance on guns (I don't know anything about them) but my dad and uncles all grew up in Wyoming and they used rifles when they hunted. Again, I'm confused on the point you're trying to make with regards to my post.

I'm talking about guns that are used for spraying a lot of bullets to kill many, many things (most likely people) in a very short amount of time. This sort of thing doesn't sound like a great way to hunt for sport.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance on guns (I don't know anything about them) but my dad and uncles all grew up in Wyoming and they used rifles when they hunted. Again, I'm confused on the point you're trying to make with regards to my post.

I'm talking about guns that are used for spraying a lot of bullets to kill many, many things (most likely people) in a very short amount of time. This sort of thing doesn't sound like a great way to hunt for sport.
You said this "I just don't believe in the use of military assault weapons on defenseless animals or people."

I responded to it. There are NO full autos in the woods like you implied, don't make statements you know nothing about because they will be refuted.

Don't feel bad about your ignorance because you're not alone.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:06 PM

I didn't imply anything- you've taken EVERYTHING I've said and made an issue with it. I don't feel bad about my lack of knowledge about guns. I gave my opinion on the gun issue (as a "liberal") , but if you are the type to carry around a loaded weapon (you sound like a weirdo, bully, frankly) then I certainly wouldn't want your type to own any weapon. You sound like a very angry person and looking to start a fight with me over nothing.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I didn't imply anything- you've taken EVERYTHING I've said and made an issue with it. I don't feel bad about my lack of knowledge about guns. I gave my opinion on the gun issue (as a "liberal") , but if you are the type to carry around a loaded weapon (you sound like a weirdo, bully, frankly) then I certainly wouldn't want your type to own any weapon. You sound like a very angry person and looking to start a fight with me over nothing.
Nope, I didn't fight over anything, I corrected your IGNORANCE, you sound very angry and bitter.
You shouldn't mouth off about things you know nothing about. Again, you stated this "I just don't believe in the use of military assault weapons on defenseless animals or people." I corrected you, sorry you can't face the facts.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:10 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Fact: Assault Rifles (the type you described) are not used for hunting.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Fact: Assault Rifles (the type you described) are not used for hunting.

Stop that, lil one will say you're picking and fighting her!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:24 PM

Okay then. I'd like to see those banned. Thanks all for your enlightenment.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:24 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Question for those that oppose hunting:

Do you also oppose fishing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections